Debate Forum Rules
Here are the rules of conduct that all users must abide by in order to participate in any discussion in the Political Mudpit.
This forum is only for the discussion of issues of politics, national policy, and international relations only; including those issues that may be driven by current events that are determined by the moderators to fall into primarily these areas of discussion. Religious, Moral, Ethical, Philosophical and Historical should be restricted to other forums. Moderators can move topics to more appropriate forums.
Topics that have resulted in heated discussion may be temporarily closed to provide a short cooling off or refocus period and to promote composed discussion without implying any prejudice or favoritism to any one side of the issue.
1) Debate in good faith and respect other members. Elaborate and further develop your arguments. Try to respond to other members' arguments. Do not continue to repeat the same arguments.
2) Address the argument, do not attack the person. Debates should be as detached and impersonal as possible.
3) Try to back up your arguments with evidence and sources where appropriate.
4) Do not post images or videos without some clear supporting text discussion. Posts with image or video trolls and other spam posting will be removed at the discretion of the moderators.
5) Avoid any form of misrepresentation. Do not state that something is fact or a well known fact just because you read it in a message board, website or blog. Statements made in blogs or amateur videos are not acceptable foundations for new threads.
6) Every thread must begin with some question or framework for the discussion you wish to initiate. You may not start a new discussion topic solely by posting a copy of an existing news story, image, quote from a web site, or other source information.
7) Plagiarism is generally frowned upon. If something is not your work, please clearly state the source.
In addition, the Terms of Service
Have fun and enjoy your discussions with fellow members of Total War Center.