View Poll Results: What type of mod do you desire most? Select all that apply.

Voters
214. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Mega Compliation for Native (Focuing on gameplay and content rather than story, balance)

59 27.57%
  • A Native Expansion Compliation (Focusing on expanded native story driven content with balance)

47 21.96%
  • A Historical Conversion (Changing the native world to one of a particular era in history)

135 63.08%
  • A Historically based Mythical Conversion (Set in an historical era with elements of the fantastical)

42 19.63%
  • A Purely Mytholocial Conversion (Inspired by historical cultures, set amid the realms of the mythology)

46 21.50%
  • Other please (Please describe)

9 4.21%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Member Survey] Your desired mod(s)

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

Default Re: Member Survey: Your desired mod(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    Regarding rigging tw skins to m&b skeletons, we do have a vast wealth of resources for anything historical. For example one is being built right now: Marka Modding Museum (3M)

However in consideration of mythology I wonder can centaurs be made in mount&blade? Or is that stretching it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Saladin View Post
    it's possible i believe, not being an animator or model maker myself but i would say merging the skeletons somehow so they use both man and horse animations, but to get them to work right in gameplay wise i have no idea. i like the idea though.
    Wow, a mythology mod would be killer.

I can imagine Amazons and Gorgons being implemented pretty easily, just off the top of my head. How cool would it be to ride as a mount Pegasus or one of the Mares of Diomedes??

This might push it for you guys, but I think a "World Mythology" mod would be absolutely insane. One faction could be Greek, one faction Egyptian, one faction Norse - basically, Age of Mythology M&B. You could even use AoM as a place to get unit ideas.

Dewy's Avatar Something Witty

it's possible i believe, not being an animator or model maker myself but i would say merging the skeletons somehow so they use both man and horse animations, but to get them to work right in gameplay wise i have no idea. i like the idea though.
    You can't edit the skeletons or add your own all you can do is resize them
    Oh no the picture of my dog disappeared!

do you know when we will get skeleton support?

Dewy's Avatar Something Witty

Quote Originally Posted by Armatus View Post
    do you know when we will get skeleton support?
    After warband maybe or we may never
    Oh no the picture of my dog disappeared!

Well in the meantime at least there can be giants and dwarfs. I'm looking forward to that mod over at taleworlds in fact. But Clearly as I suspected history has taken the lead here with the twc community. Although mythos lovers comes in close second if the two choices are combined. I think any mod I help with in the future I'm going to try and find some way to sneak some mythology into it

I also prefer mods based on history...
    (but I did make the SAVAGE mod with boar riding 'vikings' so I'm flexible )

In fact I think mythology is the next best thing. You feel like you know the world already, and it feels real even though it's myth.
    "How shall humankind ever find peace if the soul remains conscious in the sky and the shadow in the Underworld? The combination of sweet bait and naivety completely destroyes Nature's best gift: death, and doubles the agony of the dying with worries of a future!" - Pliny the Elder

Voted for options 3,4 and 5. Though when I look at it afterwards, 3 would be my first choice

Yep, even so there's no ignoring people want some sort of mythology as well. I hesitate to combine the native scores since one is about content and the other about story. So that leaves us with the safest route of appeal: History with elements of myth. What I am really surprised at is "Other" got only 2 votes? I mean this was a perfect chance for people to shoot off their crazy ideas, it's the category you're going to find LoTR and Star Wars... anything fictional.

So should we have a new poll to narrow things down to era of history?

Senator

hmm, i would like to see a combination of the eras(pre gunpowder). just so i can have an epic showdown of normans vs. samurai vs. legionnaire. but that just me lol

lol I think that's another game called pirates, vikings and knights or something like that

Senator

lol yeah i just checked that out, i would go with early medieval era, during the time of the first crusades.

History is really kicking butt here haha.

lol yeah i just checked that out, i would go with early medieval era, during the time of the first crusades.
    Possibly in China or Japan? I have yet to see an Asian centered medieval era mod.

There's a couple.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

I would love to see a mod done around the Crusades

Well we have some of those already.

Nazgūl Killer's Avatar ✡At Your Service✡

Yeah, and all of them are bad.
    Nazgul Killer's M2TW Guide
    Personal Help & Advice forum
    My view on the "Friend Zone"
    Good things come to those who wait... But better things come to those who never hesitate.

well at least one of them had the balls to KoH tracks in it

Senator

seem to be leaning toward historical based mythical and total mythical conversion one minute, next minute im thinking native expansion compilation

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

I like the "Age of Mythology" idea, but what about a medieval south Asia thing, a la Broken Crescent? The map could span from Persia to India (omitting the Near East, since Crusades mods deal with that, and it would lower the work load of the modders). I think that would be aces. I don't think I've seen a single mod featuring India, let alone medieval Persia, Afghanistan, etc. Some of the nations in those areas had AMAZINGLY beautiful arms and armors, and it would make a stunning mod visually, as well as being a completely new area/era of history.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast