View Poll Results: What type of mod do you desire most? Select all that apply.

Voters
214. You may not vote on this poll
  • A Mega Compliation for Native (Focuing on gameplay and content rather than story, balance)

59 27.57%
  • A Native Expansion Compliation (Focusing on expanded native story driven content with balance)

47 21.96%
  • A Historical Conversion (Changing the native world to one of a particular era in history)

135 63.08%
  • A Historically based Mythical Conversion (Set in an historical era with elements of the fantastical)

42 19.63%
  • A Purely Mytholocial Conversion (Inspired by historical cultures, set amid the realms of the mythology)

46 21.50%
  • Other please (Please describe)

9 4.21%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Member Survey] Your desired mod(s)

Default [Member Survey] Your desired mod(s)

This poll is open to all. Please select all that apply in regards to mods you would like to play or create. The purpose of this poll is to not only increase the discussion on mods, but give modders some insight on what's popular with the community and possibly new ideas.
    Last edited by Armatus; October 06, 2009 at 01:30 PM.

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

Default Re: Member Survey: Your desired mod(s)

I voted historical conversion. At the moment, PoP has a monopoly on fantasy-driven mods, and really it deserves it. Sometimes its fun to take on a titan, but I don't think anyone would be able to topple it any time soon.

Historical, on the other hand, has so many directions to go. Look at how amazing the Rus Thirteenth Century (or whatever century it is) is. Now imagine that beauty, that attention to detail in terms of equipment and troop types, but for another era of history or location on the globe. I personally think a Spanish Reconquista mod would be phenomenal. What about a sub-Saharan Africa mod, set during the renaissance? You could have African tribes and empires fighting in traditional manners, but have minor Spanish and Portuguese factions that fight predominantly in the Conquistador-fashion, with the occasional (RARE!) musket or arquebus. I think that would be great.

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

I think a mod based on The Trojan War would be awesome. A realistic version of course would be better though (Not like the movie).
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

King Canute's Avatar Miles

I absolutely love idea 1, however Historical has amazing possibility

Quote Originally Posted by Turkeys! View Post
    I think a mod based on The Trojan War would be awesome. A realistic version of course would be better though (Not like the movie).
    Oooh, that would be good.

Whoa wasn't expecting such a quick response!

Quote Originally Posted by KippyK View Post
    I voted historical conversion. At the moment, PoP has a monopoly on fantasy-driven mods, and really it deserves it. Sometimes its fun to take on a titan, but I don't think anyone would be able to topple it any time soon.

From what I understand PoP is entirely high fantasy something someone dreamed up one day inspired by past eras, but conforming to none. That's entirely a different animal than mythology which is rooted in a specific historical framework, if not specific historical expectation which dictates artistic license to an extent. In other words it still must look and feel like history even though the stories have been dispelled in the modern age of ours.

I specifically left High or Modern (if you will) Fantasy off the list for a few reasons. And those are:

• The high fantasy mod market is beginning to develop quite well at this time.
    • There is no set of rules that High fantasy should follow, it can be based on anything you want. From swords to lazer guns.
    • I felt here at TWC we would ultimately gravitate towards something either close to the native story or historical, so considering mythology is a part of history I didn't think that much of a stretch, at least not a mod primarily focused on a historical era over one that is pure fairy tale (as is the last choice).

However if anyone has fantasy (fictional) mod in mind feel free to share your thoughts.

Historical, on the other hand, has so many directions to go. Look at how amazing the Rus Thirteenth Century (or whatever century it is) is. Now imagine that beauty, that attention to detail in terms of equipment and troop types, but for another era of history or location on the globe. I personally think a Spanish Reconquista mod would be phenomenal. What about a sub-Saharan Africa mod, set during the renaissance? You could have African tribes and empires fighting in traditional manners, but have minor Spanish and Portuguese factions that fight predominantly in the Conquistador-fashion, with the occasional (RARE!) musket or arquebus. I think that would be great.

I agree with all this, I encourage you to keep posting your ideas here where they can be seen.

Well they tried to make the movie realistic that is to say they removed the mythology from it (which was dumb imo) however in the process they catered to the modern audience with super hero type outfits and fancy sword work. At that rate they would have done better keeping the myth...

Quote Originally Posted by King Canute View Post
    I absolutely love idea 1, however Historical has amazing possibility

Yes #1 has it's advantages, it utilizes all of the content already made without changing the overall game plan, which would make gameplay pretty interesting. I think at least.
    Last edited by Armatus; October 06, 2009 at 05:28 PM.

♔Gollum♔'s Avatar Decanus

none of tham. the mod kind i like is fantesy mod(the last days, the horde lands, etc) and uselly if someting is miss in the mode(like nazgules in the horde lands) i just add tham myself

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

historical
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

@ Armatus:

Ahhh, I see where you were going with it.

I 100% agree. How awesome would be a M&B mod that existed in a world similar to the "Age of Mythology" games :

sabaku_no_gaara's Avatar Indefinitely Banned

A historical conversion!

but I'm not sure wich, The barbarian invasion timeframe from of RTW barbarian invasion would be nice I think

Dewy's Avatar Something Witty

I meant to pick a historical one as well becuase of that I only picked purely myth

I was thinking about doing that but basing it on the greek accounts so that means including myth which isn't realistic. I don't completely understand why you say the movie isn't realistic of course the hero like fighting and how big Troy is, isn't realistic but still more realistic than the myth.

Or i'm going to make a Myth mod

Oh no the picture of my dog disappeared!

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Pretty much all of them; still, my most desirable mod now is WH40K mod, which is under developing now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Pious Agnost's Avatar Praefectus

The first option.

Gameplay and features are most important to me

foesto's Avatar Civis

historical

i look forward to hegemony 268
    but the warhammer 40000 will be good 2

grtzzz

this is the best mod i know just click at the sig...beregond ty 4 ur help

Quote Originally Posted by gollum View Post
    none of tham. the mod kind i like is fantesy mod(the last days, the horde lands, etc) and uselly if someting is miss in the mode(like nazgules in the horde lands) i just add tham myself

Nice lol, an uber mixed bag!

Quote Originally Posted by sabaku_no_gaara View Post
    A historical conversion!

but I'm not sure wich, The barbarian invasion timeframe from of RTW barbarian invasion would be nice I think

I would really like to see one from late antiquity or the early middle ages that doesn't center around vikings.

Nice to see the poll getting some votes!

Senator

i like the idea of a native story and gameplay expansion with some history put in, so like a faction could be based off a historical kingdom, country or faction. this way you can have historically based troops without being driven to be too historically accurate, have you tried the southern realms new release has a huge map that adds a lot of factions with the original factions in native. we could use those extra factions and base them off what we like from history.

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

A troy TW would be interesting, I can help a bit if this will be the case....

But some things: There are too few evidences about this era, and though I'm Greek and well accomplished with mythology and Homer stuff, the only uniform of te era is a Mycenaean one.

I voted historical. We have so many mods and stuff for units for any possible faction, so it would be easier...

Regarding rigging tw skins to m&b skeletons, we do have a vast wealth of resources for anything historical. For example one is being built right now: Marka Modding Museum (3M)

However in consideration of mythology I wonder can centaurs be made in mount&blade? Or is that stretching it?

King Canute's Avatar Miles

Ive thought about a number 1 like mod but as Saladin said based on historical counterpart, new map, new items, new faction(or reworked old ones), that sort of thing. I would want a Japanese faction, chinese faction,arab faction,norse faction,western europe in high medieval era faction,and a steppe faction. And maybe a Russian faction

Senator

it's possible i believe, not being an animator or model maker myself but i would say merging the skeletons somehow so they use both man and horse animations, but to get them to work right in gameplay wise i have no idea. i like the idea though.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast