Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WotN Release: Unused units

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

Default Re: WotN Release: Unused units

Wow if you are discarding these, how good are the ones in the mod??
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

A few posts up, you would have seen these.
    Quote Originally Posted by Víkingr View Post
    Some of our new units.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Check the previews.
    Last edited by Horsa; October 10, 2009 at 12:16 PM.

Fantastic units. I'm not a modder but I love the fact that you are being so generous. Best of luck to you guys with this great mod.

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

Looks like Svia Riddarar is the most popular .

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I can't get the svia ridder to have swords/1hand axe to work. They only uses the spear, even in non-charge modus. Help from a WotN modder would be nice

BTW: Awsome if you could lend me that hirdmen
    Some of our new units.

Check the previews.
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

I haven't checked out the Svia Riddarar, do they just fight with no weapons when its time to use swords, or do they just only use the spear? I can't remember, but if they only ever use the spear and don't use weapons then they are probably supposed to be like that. Feel free to change it though by giving new swords you made or by taking some from one of our other units.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackleaf-Wille View Post
    BTW: Awsome if you could lend me that hirdmen
    Ha ha, no.

We are hardly going to let other mods use them if we haven't even released them in our own mod yet.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I haven't checked out the Svia Riddarar, do they just fight with no weapons when its time to use swords, or do they just only use the spear? I can't remember, but if they only ever use the spear and don't use weapons then they are probably supposed to be like that.
    Yeah, they only use the spear. Look abit retarded trusting that thing into swordmen while the horse is still.

Feel free to change it though by giving new swords you made or by taking some from one of our other units.
    ....But then I need to learn myself milkshape.

Ha ha, no.
    Worth a shot any way.
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.

This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

....But then I need to learn myself milkshape.
    Well... Alright, I'll do it for you once I have the time.

I can't get the svia ridder to have swords/1hand axe to work. They only uses the spear, even in non-charge modus.
    the way they are commented now they should use swords as secondary weapon.
    secondaryactive0
    sword1

when they get a experience upgrade they should use axes as secondary weapon.
    secondaryactive1
    1h axe primary_14

this will only work if you have set the correct animations in BMDB.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Sĺ tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der grćd Enker og der grćd Břrn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Řrn.
    Anders Sřrensen Vedel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Uhm.... Can you please explain in normal english, "BMDB" = Battle.Models.......?

Uhm.... Can you please explain in normal english, "BMDB" = Battle.Models.......?
    yes.
    the unit should have animation entries looking rather like this:
    5 Horse
    13 MTW2_HR_Spear
    12 MTW2_HR_Mace 2
    21 MTW2_HR_spear_Primary
    14 fs_test_shield 2
    17 MTW2_Mace_Primary
    14 fs_test_shield

and EDB or export_descr_unit some lines like these:
    stat_pri 3, 8, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, spear, 25, 1
    stat_pri_attr no
    stat_sec 4, 4, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, slashing, axe, 75, 1
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Sĺ tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der grćd Enker og der grćd Břrn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Řrn.
    Anders Sřrensen Vedel

midnite's Avatar Citizen

Very good looking units, Vikingr. I would like to ask permission to use some of your shield designs and possibly some of the weapons for a mod project I am working on. I intend to alter the shields somewhat to fit in with the projects original design if that is fine by you.
    memory of Midnite, Pumpkin, Bear, Pip and Pepper -- 4/2/10, 5/24/10, 11/27/17, 11/11/18 and 1/15/19

Under the esteemed patronage of Elrond

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

Answered in PM.

Beorn's Avatar Praepositus

For some reason, the links doesn't seem to work atm...

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Beorn of Carrock View Post
    For some reason, the links doesn't seem to work atm...
    Yeah, I've already been contacted saying the some of the links are failing. I'll upload again soon.

These units are very well made, they're nice

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Yeah, I've already been contacted saying the some of the links are failing. I'll upload again soon.
    Ahem... may I ask how is it going.
    And could I be so bold as to suggest that you also include a single download with all these beautiful units. So beautiful.
    Oh and if possible a list of who did which unit, so we can spread some reputation around.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    Ahem... may I ask how is it going.
    And could I be so bold as to suggest that you also include a single download with all these beautiful units. So beautiful.
    Oh and if possible a list of who did which unit, so we can spread some reputation around.
    Yeah, I'll do that. Been busy lately. Sorry

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

Updated first post with the new download link.

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Thanks! ! ! !
    Anyone has an idea on what attachment I should use with them?
    Last edited by alhoon; December 22, 2009 at 11:26 AM.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast