View Poll Results: What Faction should I use?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • United Stats of America

5 12.50%
  • Portugal

17 42.50%
  • Spain

2 5.00%
  • Persia

3 7.50%
  • Prussia

2 5.00%
  • Ottoman

1 2.50%
  • Barbary States

3 7.50%
  • Denmark

5 12.50%
  • Mughal

1 2.50%
  • France

1 2.50%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [ETW AAR] (help me decide) the death of Innocence, a Portugal AAR. - Having trouble fighting 140000 men strong army

penquin11's Avatar Biarchus

Icon3 [ETW AAR] (help me decide) the death of Innocence, a Portugal AAR. - Having trouble fighting 140000 men strong army

So ya, I used AUM, my own modifications, HusserlTW's pwnsome Startpos mod (to allow easy access to Portugal) I then went ahead and made Portugal + Denmark Major factions.... Enjoy! BTW I will most likely be doing this from a childs point of view. It will make things a bit more personal, and it will be sort of original, we will see, battles are hard to describe, anyways this is the intro, so yah.....
    Chapter I: "I love you"
    Those were the words my dad whispered into my ear, as he bent down, seemingly to just say them to me; not a private gensture, but as a form of love, letting me know I was part of his family, of his life. I was but a young child, I had no concept of where he was going or what he was even going to do, not even how long he would be gone for. yet, for some reason I dont remember having any fear, none, alls I knew is that my dad was going to "fight the bad guys" and be a hero! To me the army was just a small group of people, I had no idea that the army held many people. I had no clue the meaning of war, or even what it was, I mean to me I was puzzled over y people would argue, let alone kill each other, I had no knowledge that such an act, such a crime, was even possible. Yet, that day I watched my dad leave for war. War; isnt it funny; is such a short and easy word to say, it is used much to often. That was the last I would hear from the man I knew as my dad, it would be 5 years. I remember the day he arrived back home, or what formerly must have been his concept of home. I was excited, I remembered him, but not to full detail. He was my Idol, I talked about him among my friends all the time, as if he was the next hero. I remember he entered, he had a straight face, something seemed to be bothering him, maybe even bothering me. In my mind thoughts of exitement raced, I wondered if he had remembered me, or what he expected of me. He hugged my mom, I could see his face, as she poured over him, it was if he was unsure of how to react, as if his breath had been stolen from him. He hugged back, his face blank of emotion, he had changed, he walked over to me, " hello son" he said, parcing his lips to make a transparent smile, I knew he loved me, but I also knew he was new, new to the family, again. I remember hearing the muffled sounds of him kicking, punching, at night, he wasnt trying to hurt my mother, he was suffering from a nightmare, as he did. I remember the look in his eyes, even of his eyes, seemingly covered with a shroud of darkness, or even dispair, after those dreams, and the act he would play for me when he would say "I had a great sleep last night, how 'bout you". That was many years ago, I now entering manhood, my father an esteemed Officer in the Portuguese ranks, or was anyways, he'd retired, but even still he suffered from those same duanting dreams..... I was blind, possibly a fool, I ignored the obvious warnings that my fathers change brought on, what they should have told me about the army, and what it could do.......... But, it seemed almost as a duty, a expectation even, As my father was formerly a officer, society expected me to be one as well, how could I side against society, I saw the pleading in my fathers eyes, but passed it on for my mothers pride, the fool I was. The fool I am... I remember the day I graduated from the Military Academy (Military Higher Education), I remember the words he said to me, " I am so proud, you are my son, my kin, and my boy", I remember bending down and whispering in his ear, "I love you", despair filled his face, he whispered, nearly choking on the tears rolling down his face, "Dont ever forget, I love you, I love you, I love you my boy", that was the first time I had see him cry.....
    Last edited by penquin11; October 15, 2009 at 08:22 PM.

uzi716's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: ETW AAR: Help me choose what to do!

I say you do either a Ottoman or a Prussian AAR...either one will be a very good AAR

Chapter II: A New Age
    It seems that my early childhood was unneffected by my dad's absence, I frequently heard of my dads other heroics in battle, from before I was born, you see My dad has been serving the Empire since 1698, in 1700 he was appointed for general (at the age of only 21) he was but a young man.... I remember when a fine gentlemen satt down with me and described one of my dads most heroic battles! At the time I was enthused with it, not knowing the danger he had walked into, and the danger he faced for us, not just the "Empire" but rather its people, and the patriotism he did indeed show, ah yes, I remember the story, erm battle, well, I believe it was called the.........
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

General Rivaldo's Journal: 1703, Prelogue Battle of the Odd.

STATUS REPORT: 1701-1703 (prologue part I)
    To: Emperor Pedro and the Chamber of Parliment
    From: General Pascoal Rivaldo, General of the 4th, 13th, and 7th Legions of Portugal.
    I would request the transportation of more men and armies. As, the Martha Confederacy continues to create many troops at a rapid rate. I would further like to dispell the notion of the Confederacy's barbarianism, in the notion of creating quality troops, our armies at this time can be labeled as out-classed, and if not for the troops I brought with me from Lisbon, could be labeled as dead already. I would like to inform your Highness and the Constables of Authority belonging to the Parliment, that I have; soely for the continued ability for trade, and guaranteed survival of Portuguese Goa, struck up an alliance with the Old Kingdom of the Mughal.

Unfortunetly they too are struggling to amass troops, or even win a single battle. So far I have yet to see a single victory by any nation against the Martha Confederation. In terms of advantages I must say we have few, but the one we have could prove almost essential, we have complete naval dominance, which has allowed us to at least dwindle the enemies wealth and ability to produce troops, however it has not been enough. I was able to attain information reguarding the subject becuase of a single Spy.
    I trust that you are aware that we are at war with both the New Confederacy and the Mysorian Islamic Kingdom. God Bless your patience, wisdom, and knowledge with my dwindling faith, I do vow however, to not let a single battle go un-won against these heathens while I am in staff.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    TO BE CONTINUED (we will see when)
    Last edited by penquin11; October 28, 2009 at 04:35 PM.

40!? maybe 15

i voted Portugol, because i havnt seen an AAR with them, and would like to see how one uses 1 province on an anemies borders in this game.

Yeah at this rate it will take forever to get to 40...just do the Prussian campaign

Quote Originally Posted by uzi716 View Post
    Yeah at this rate it will take forever to get to 40...just do the Prussian campaign

Maybe just wait until 20. And anyway, do the Barbary States

PORTUGOL!!!
    Last edited by Seleukos; October 10, 2009 at 07:29 PM.

Praepositus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by ClaymanVTW View Post
    40!? maybe 15

i voted Portugol, because i havnt seen an AAR with them, and would like to see how one uses 1 province on an anemies borders in this game.
    It has two province's actually, one in europe, one in india

I say denmark, I haven't seen a lot of those ones before. I didn't know there was a country called the United Stats of America

Quote Originally Posted by ultimation View Post
    It has two province's actually, one in europe, one in india

I say denmark, I haven't seen a lot of those ones before. I didn't know there was a country called the United Stats of America
    well I guess our founding fathers mispelled it then , Jk anyways my spelling is horrible, please just show a blind eye towards it

Praepositus
    Citizen

mesa was jokin as well

Reserved + Update
    So far I am trying to beef up portugal just for its own sake, for example I made portugal its own line infantry, buffed the Miquelets, and am now creating a special dragoon unit based off of the Imperial Honor Guard Squadron, (Used originally protect Viceroy of Brazil....)

LOL another thing is that I already have had 23 people vote!

Hmm Im trying to figure out why I cant vote, Anyways do Portugal!!

Quote Originally Posted by 3morelives View Post
    Hmm Im trying to figure out why I cant vote, Anyways do Portugal!!
    u need 25 posts to do a poll
    BTW Reserved

SonOfAlexander's Avatar I want his bass!
    Citizen

Default Re: [ETW AAR] Help Me decide what to do! (So far Portugal is winning)

Don't do prussia, lots of their AARs around. How bout Portugal? Sounds different...
    Please come see the BAARC
    Proud Member of the Critic's Quill & ES content staff
    Under the benificient and omniscient patronage of Carl Von Döbeln
    Bono: "Let me tell you something. I've had enough of Irish Americans who haven't been back to their country in 20 or 30 years, and tell me about the 'Resistance', the 'Revolution' 'back home'. The 'glory' of the revolution, and the 'glory' of dying for the revolution. F *** THE REVOLUTION!!!"
    Ariovistus Maximus: "Google supplieth all."
    [Multi-AAR] Caelus Morsus Luminius

Ya, Ive been doing run throughs with Portugal, so far I have pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenty to write about, I feel that using Portuguese history (actual history) really gives me an advantage. Meanwhile there are like 1000000000 prussian campaigns and Prussia really doesnt have much intresting history to it, at least not compared to Portugal. Not to mention I can make the AAR funny and/or serious with portugal.

DENMARK!!!

Irish King's Avatar Campidoctor

Portugal! (I voted U.S.A. but changed my mind)

Default Re: [ETW AAR] (Help me decide) winner: Portugal

Well here we have it ..... THE WINNER IS PORTUGALLL!!!!!!! WOOOOT thank god, I predicted that the winning faction would either b Portugal or the US.... Ok so soon ille have an update, however I am currently dealing with somewhat of an emergency (my mom went to hospital in ambulence, but at least shes doing sorta better than before, she cant complete a sentence yet, but she told me that she loved me, I was soooooo happy to hear that, considering she didnt know who I was before.)

Irish King's Avatar Campidoctor

Well I hope she get's better, and good luck with the AAR!

Well good thing is that she seems to be getting better day by day.... sort of.... Anyways the game gives me a place to escape reality for some time, however that sadly isnt my way of dealing with things. I will try to update, but Im not sure of the time schedule, this new problem is vveeeeeery recent, and quiet unpredictable. Thank you for your patience, and I promise this will be a good AAR, Im about writing it a certain way One that I can relate to, personally. And I dont believe I have ever seen it done before. We shall see.

BTW No comment= no post
    Last edited by penquin11; October 16, 2009 at 05:49 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast