Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roma Surrectum II: Roman Leadership System (2)

Calvin's Avatar Countdown: 7 months
    Citizen

Default Roma Surrectum II: Roman Leadership System (2)

Roma Surrectum II - The Roman Leadership System

Introduction

This is the Roman Leadership for the Roman Republican era. There will be a modified one once it becomes the Imperial era which will start once a character becomes Caesar (which will be a mid to late game event).

Roman Careers

Cursus Honorum

The Republican Roman Army

Developer for Roma Surrectum 2 || Follow my move to the USA in Calvin's Corner
    Son of Noble Savage || Proud patron of [user]Winter[/user], [user]Lord of the Knights[/user] and [user]fergusmck[/user]

Tesla's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II Preview: Roman Leadership System 2

wow.... looks quite complicated, more micromanaging

whoa... so many possibilities... I can see myself spending an hour per turn just roleplaying generals...

Calvin, as I've said before, excellent stuff - I'd suggest making the text boxes just slightly more opaque though if you can so they're easier to read.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

chaney's Avatar Decanus

Cool stuff Calvin , is it at 100pc(%) yet ?
    RIP Calvin

I found Rome a city of bricks and left it a city of marble
    . - Augustus Caeser

“It is not sufficient that I suceed - all others must fail.” - Genghis Khan

Calvin's Avatar Countdown: 7 months
    Citizen

It's currently being tested.
    Developer for Roma Surrectum 2 || Follow my move to the USA in Calvin's Corner
    Son of Noble Savage || Proud patron of [user]Winter[/user], [user]Lord of the Knights[/user] and [user]fergusmck[/user]

This is awesome, great work Calvin!

very complex stuff, i´m sure thats gonan be great

Indefinitely Banned

I think some further explanation might be in order Calvin as on their own those diagrams don't reveal much.

Upon creation, each chracter will either be a Plebian, Equestarian, or a Patrician. Which will they will be depends on a a few factors: who their father was, whether they were adopted or married in, etc...

After creation, depending on their class, I assume they have a 50/50 chance of then gaining one of the two careers within their class. Again, your class will affect how things go, and percentages are also involved.

So there's little 'extra' work to do, apart from making sure you know what characters you want to do what.

Additional and seperate to this is the Civic and Military careers, which are currently being tested. Military careers are earned through battle, whilst civic careers through managing cities.

Taelok's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Ibram View Post
    Upon creation, each chracter will either be a Plebian, Equestarian, or a Patrician. Which will they will be depends on a a few factors: who their father was, whether they were adopted or married in, etc...

After creation, depending on their class, I assume they have a 50/50 chance of then gaining one of the two careers within their class. Again, your class will affect how things go, and percentages are also involved.

So there's little 'extra' work to do, apart from making sure you know what characters you want to do what.

Additional and seperate to this is the Civic and Military careers, which are currently being tested. Military careers are earned through battle, whilst civic careers through managing cities.
    Thanks for the clarification, this system sounds very good indeed. In the current build I find I have lots of exceptional Generals at the heads of various legions and, other than a different name and portrait, there's very little to distinguish them from one another.

Hurrah!

Only dream I ever have. Is it the surface of the Sun?
    Everytime I shut my eyes, it's always the same.

Indefinitely Banned

Disclaimer: Just like to point out, since I had no hand in the systems creation (I'm only testing it) I may have gotten some things wrong. I think however this is what Calvin told me.

He'll turn up eventually thought and correct me if I'm wrong.

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    Calvin, as I've said before, excellent stuff - I'd suggest making the text boxes just slightly more opaque though if you can so they're easier to read.
    Agreed. Can't read it.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

I'm sorry, but why do you make a difference between legatus and legatus legionis? What's the difference?
    Vale,

what will happend if I want,one of my character(a patrician) to fallow the military careear(legatus) and after a phew battles(or more) i'l send him into a city,wiil the character have "civic" traits too(wiil he fallow the civic carrear to)?

Will there be a "dummy version" for RS2.0 , that only includes the flashy graphs and environments ?

Comes Limitis

I like this feature allot adding some more debt into the Roman faction. But I hope decisions do affect the game though. When you have a trillion of dinars to spend its not to difficult to do all that is necessary maintaining an empire.

I hope making wise decisions here affects how your treasury would look like etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by snuggans View Post
    we can safely say that a % of those 130 were Houthi/Iranian militants that needed to be stopped unfortunately

You certainly won't be awash with money in RS2 playing as Rome.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

You certainly won't be awash with money in RS2 playing as Rome.
    Let them dream

<<Un collègue; un ami.>>

Indefinitely Banned

That's asking a bit much Thorn :p there's the only so much the guys can do when they've essentially only got half a game to work with (as alot of stuff is hard-coded, therefore untouchable).

@apulum: I'm not sure. When they're working properly, I'll test it out and let you know. It's probably that they'll end up aquiring both career traits, but then again Calvin could have coded it so that a character only has one or the other.

Don't worry guys, this isn't as scary as you think. This system doesnt really require you to do much extra then you already do whilst playing a game. Your generals will earn the military traits by doing what you do anyway - fighting as such, and the civic traits are earned by characters simply sitting in a city.

You can plan a little bit of course, if you want, but its not nessecary.

Yes, the idea with this stuff is to add depth for those that want it, but it shouldn't be a negative if you're not interested and just want to fight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast