Thread: [Solved] Shortening building time etc.

Default [Solved] Shortening building time etc.

I really like the fact that you actually have to think things through every time you build something because of the immense cost, but why does it take so long for a building to complete?
    A bunch of weavers taking 3 years to set up shop just doesn't seem realistic to me.

So my first question is,
    can I reduce building time in one of the files?

Is there also a way to reduce repair cost, because in my prussian campaign raiders keep screwing with my economy and its hard to repair anything due to the costs.

Last question: When schools are not researching, is there a way to stop the upkeep (except tearing the place down )?

Thx

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Default Re: Shortening building time etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimera View Post
    I really like the fact that you actually have to think things through every time you build something because of the immense cost, but why does it take so long for a building to complete?
    A bunch of weavers taking 3 years to set up shop just doesn't seem realistic to me.

So my first question is,

Is there also a way to reduce repair cost, because in my prussian campaign raiders keep screwing with my economy and its hard to repair anything due to the costs.

Last question: When schools are not researching, is there a way to stop the upkeep (except tearing the place down )?

Thx
    The building tables in the ModCore control building times -- you can find direct tutorials and such on the mod workshop forum.

The repair cost should be (I've always assumed, anyway) based off of the cost of the building; you will have to pay up to the total percentage that is damaged. Can anyone confirm this one way or the other?

There is no way to turn off research costs in this manner.

Hope that helps!
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Yes, it does. Thx for the quick response!

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Quote Originally Posted by Chimera View Post

So my first question is,

Thx
    The low-level buildings take 6 turns which is 2 years with 3 years per turn. And taking 2 years to fully set up shop for a large-scale textile manufacturing (which, frankly, the in-game buildings are) is actually not very long. For gameplay, longer building times are also better. You have to defend the building while it's being built or you'll lose all that money. The same thing goes for after it's finished - raids have a point now because repairing takes a lot of an effort.

I might be looking into changing the research cost so that you can lower it without having to demolish the school in case of emergency but it's not a high priority. Plan ahead, collect money buffers, or destroy the school if you have to.

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

Along the lines of raiding buildings, is it possible to make militia spawn in towns as well as cities? This would make it a little more difficult to just raid with one or two units.

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Quote Originally Posted by GIMJ View Post
    Along the lines of raiding buildings, is it possible to make militia spawn in towns as well as cities? This would make it a little more difficult to just raid with one or two units.
    No. But as I said, I'm investigating the possibility of adding slow-moving garrison units. Having played with slow-moving cannons in lately, I think this will work for the player at least. I'll have to see what can be done about the AI.

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

Omg Alpaca i didn't even notice there are 3 turns per year. LOL sorry