Thread: The Cave, Medieval Time travel mod VIDEO TRAILER

Default The Cave, Medieval Time travel mod VIDEO TRAILER

A group of cavers stumble into a time portal and land themselves in the past, they are documenting the past evidence on a camcorder, but later on a unit of hot headed British soldiers find the wearabouts of the portal and travel in the past to change history by erasing family trees.

take a look at the pic.
    i made this with silo maya and milkshape 3D........
    Attachment 57469

edit: - NOW I HAVE A TRAILER, GO TAKE A LOOK http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAXMiewbD-Y

this was a concept for a game im working on at Univesity for next gen consoles
    Last edited by nossers; October 06, 2009 at 10:15 AM.

Default Re: The Cave, Medieval Time travel mod

lol, i like the medieval captain in amongst them

Can you get a full auto musket thing going on?

Can you get a full auto musket thing going on?
    i have been trying to, but im new to this modding malarky, and not sure how to do it.
    if i could find out how that would be amazing!

Default Re: The Cave, Medieval Time travel mod VIDEO TRAILER

Nice video trailer
    This could turn out to be a rather enjoyable mod .

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

What movie is it based on (at least I presume it's a movie, considering the voice acting in the trailer)? The only movie called "The Cave" that I found seems to be about some speleologists fighting some monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBG View Post
    What movie is it based on (at least I presume it's a movie, considering the voice acting in the trailer)? The only movie called "The Cave" that I found seems to be about some speleologists fighting some monsters.
    nah it's not based on anything out there.
    It's a concept for a game i came up with at university, im just using total war to mod it and get out my ideas to the tutors.

DekuTrash's Avatar Human Directional
    Content Emeritus

This is awesome!
    Very nice

i asume the reason why they came to the past (the soldiers) is that there is some conflicts in our time? (like britian is at war with the french again ) nice trailer
    Last edited by Varian; October 08, 2009 at 03:21 PM. Reason: typo :P

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Quote Originally Posted by nossers View Post
    nah it's not based on anything out there.
    It's a concept for a game i came up with at university, im just using total war to mod it and get out my ideas to the tutors.
    So the voice-acting in the trailer was done by you (and friends)? Because I thought you've just taken it from some movie which is the inspiration for the mod...

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBG View Post
    So the voice-acting in the trailer was done by you (and friends)? Because I thought you've just taken it from some movie which is the inspiration for the mod...
    haha, no, all the voices were just me. the trailer is a stand alone project for uni. the actual game would be for ps3 and 360 nothing to do with the total war engine. i was just using the engine to express my concept

Atatürk's Avatar Türküm. Doğruyum...

Quote Originally Posted by nossers View Post
    haha, no, all the voices were just me. the trailer is a stand alone project for uni. the actual game would be for ps3 and 360 nothing to do with the total war engine. i was just using the engine to express my concept
    Such a shame, t'would have made a fine mod.

The blood in this video is very natural. Is this real "in game" blood or special effect?
    CoW (Rage of the Dark Gods)team
    From Russia with love.

Scipio praeditus's Avatar Decanus

Man those cavers are morons, running into a medieval battle because them blokes are their ancestors.
    That they came out alive is highly improbable.

Those soldiers are several shades of idiot as well, first of all they would not have been understood by medieval englishmen, and second they would hardly have been recognized as humans dressed as they are and carrying those weird noisy weapons.
    And eventually those soldiers would run out of ammo, all they would have to offer then would be navigation and scouting capabilities.

The concept is interesting and could be fun to play (assuming that unit of soldiers is not just a special unit for the english army, but has to take out entire armies on it's own and perform special ops), but the way you developed it is just plain ridiculous.

Best of luck with convincing those tutors, you are going to need it.
    "The only question that remained was whether the founders knew the final result of their creation, or if they themselves where the victims of a misunderstanding.
    In the latter case it was the duty of any thinking human, to press himself into the front of this depraved movement, to perhaps still prevent the extreme, in the former case the founders of this peoples disease must have been true devils; for only in the brain of a monster - not of a human - could the plan for an organisation take meaningfull form, whose purpose must lead toward the end result of a collapse of human culture and thus to the desolation of the world.
    In this case only battle remained as a means of final delivery, battle with any weapons that the human mind, intellect and will are able to comprehend, regardless, of whom fate would gift with it's blessing."

DekuTrash's Avatar Human Directional
    Content Emeritus

Your criticisms fall on deaf ears, or eyes.....I don't know.

That guy hasn't been on since he posted that.

Scipio praeditus's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by DekuTrash View Post

Your criticisms fall on deaf ears, or eyes.....I don't know.

That guy hasn't been on since he posted that.

Actually the last time he logged on was two weeks ago...

I'm sorry if I don't check everyones profile in the thread I reply in, but is that a reason not to post my opinion?
    It's not like I grave posted or anything like that, I just said it how I saw it.
    "The only question that remained was whether the founders knew the final result of their creation, or if they themselves where the victims of a misunderstanding.
    In the latter case it was the duty of any thinking human, to press himself into the front of this depraved movement, to perhaps still prevent the extreme, in the former case the founders of this peoples disease must have been true devils; for only in the brain of a monster - not of a human - could the plan for an organisation take meaningfull form, whose purpose must lead toward the end result of a collapse of human culture and thus to the desolation of the world.
    In this case only battle remained as a means of final delivery, battle with any weapons that the human mind, intellect and will are able to comprehend, regardless, of whom fate would gift with it's blessing."

S-te-Fan's Avatar Primicerius
    Diessen, The Netherlands, Near the belgium border.

Quote Originally Posted by Scipio praeditus View Post

Actually the last time he logged on was two weeks ago...

I'm sorry if I don't check everyones profile in the thread I reply in, but is that a reason not to post my opinion?
    It's not like I grave posted or anything like that, I just said it how I saw it.
    You have no fantasy .

Thanks for sharing this post. I really enjoyed it. Keep up the good work.

BC Vacation Rental
    Last edited by William Brown; June 12, 2011 at 08:02 AM.