Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: IB VGR Installation, Ctd, and Bug Thread

Default Re: RIO BRG III Mod ctd and bug thread

Quote Originally Posted by Aenima View Post
    "Script Error in rio/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 2702, column 34

Expected 'requires' or nothing"

what can I do to solve this? cheers
    The error was correlated to religion management , but deleting lines affected in export_descr_buildings.txt , not solve it , only CTD.
    After reading this useful thread i adopted this fully working solutions :
    1) install RIO
    2) copy the folder data inside the "rio" Folder over the folder data in Vanilla BI folder.
    CAUTION: do not delete or modify the contents in RIO folder
    3) Launch BI from the normal exe "without" the -mod: RIO extension or it not works
    The game start with RIO MOD not foldered but fully playable , i had no CTD in battle or strategic map for now.
    Riothamus , this is a great mod , several year ago i played your first release and was very interesting , this release execpt for some install problem is more deeply and accurate.
    Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by mmilia View Post
    The error was correlated to religion management , but deleting lines affected in export_descr_buildings.txt , not solve it , only CTD.
    After reading this useful thread i adopted this fully working solutions :
    1) install RIO
    2) copy the folder data inside the "rio" Folder over the folder data in Vanilla BI folder.
    CAUTION: do not delete or modify the contents in RIO folder
    3) Launch BI from the normal exe "without" the -mod: RIO extension or it not works
    The game start with RIO MOD not foldered but fully playable , i had no CTD in battle or strategic map for now.
    Riothamus , this is a great mod , several year ago i played your first release and was very interesting , this release execpt for some install problem is more deeply and accurate.
    Keep up the good work.
    Thanks mmilia,
    Yes with that error the non folded approach seems to always work but also I'm finding out if the mod is re downloaded over several times,for whatever reason,that error goes away and the folded mod works fine.
    Glad your still playing the mod...Many changes with the Assimilation Mod Patch and much more to come

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Rio: I tried another game and can build all ports (and any other buildings for that matter) without CTD. I even tried that same save file again and build the ports and it works perfectly, I don't know how or why it crashed the last time, oh well. Thanks for the fix!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Rio: I tried another game and can build all ports (and any other buildings for that matter) without CTD. I even tried that same save file again and build the ports and it works perfectly, I don't know how or why it crashed the last time, oh well. Thanks for the fix!

OK glad its working

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Can you install through creative assembly? It might fix some errors I've been having. I need to get it to run again and get around the export descr buildings line 2702 column 34 error. It's perfectly fine there and i've checked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Magistri Militum FlaviusAetius View Post
    Can you install through creative assembly? It might fix some errors I've been having. I need to get it to run again and get around the export descr buildings line 2702 column 34 error. It's perfectly fine there and i've checked it.
    The weird thing about this error is if you re-download it it seems to eventually work, as if files were not being copied at first.

Try re downloading it several times and see if works for you.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I will. Thanks.

Hey Rio, Ive been playing this mod for a few weeks now and i like it a lot. Sadly something strange is going on. For the first week or so, i cant even recall a CTD happening.
    Then every second battle i play a CTD occurs between clicking attack and the loading screen. I didnt get and tried starting another campaign and see what happens. It was fine for a few days and then the exact same thing happens. Started another and guess what.

Have you had any other people experiencing something similar? I hope you can help me with this.

Quote Originally Posted by cubic View Post
    Hey Rio, Ive been playing this mod for a few weeks now and i like it a lot. Sadly something strange is going on. For the first week or so, i cant even recall a CTD happening.
    Then every second battle i play a CTD occurs between clicking attack and the loading screen. I didnt get and tried starting another campaign and see what happens. It was fine for a few days and then the exact same thing happens. Started another and guess what.

Have you had any other people experiencing something similar? I hope you can help me with this.
    A bit strange Sounds like the system(graphics) grows tired after awhile or something..

that makes sense i guess, since im playing this on a netbook. Not a traditional graphics powerhouse
    Ill try switching to absolute lowest settings and see if that helps.

By the way, before this i only had RTW installed and could run EB without problems. Is the BI engine heavier?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Netbooks aren't designed for Gaming. They have low graphics cards and are designed for officework, facebook, Reports, etc. I would reccomend Windows 7 Pro. It has a device that allows windows XP and vista programs to run on it. If you want it primarily for gaming, it'll be about 500-600 dollars.

Hi Rio , now i have the same identical problem of cubic and i use a notebook with this hw config: t9300 , 4 gb ram , nvidia 8600 gt 512 mb , vista home premium sp2.
    I wil try with updated nvidia drivers and start a new sesion of trail with a fresh install.

Quote Originally Posted by mmilia View Post
    Hi Rio , now i have the same identical problem of cubic and i use a notebook with this hw config: t9300 , 4 gb ram , nvidia 8600 gt 512 mb , vista home premium sp2.
    I wil try with updated nvidia drivers and start a new sesion of trail with a fresh install.
    Yes let me know ok

im just curious if BI with this mod is that much heavier than RTW with EB.
    its just so random that i could play my first campaign for 12 years without a CTD and now its getting predictable when its going to happen.
    BTW, this mod is modfoldered right, no vanilla RTW and BI files are altered?

im just curious if BI with this mod is that much heavier than RTW with EB.
    its just so random that i could play my first campaign for 12 years without a CTD and now its getting predictable when its going to happen.
    BTW, this mod is modfoldered right, no vanilla RTW and BI files are altered?
    I would venter a guess and say yes.
    and yes its mod folded no vanilla folders are altered

I tweaked the processes list and it has helped a lot. I suggest you give that a try mmilia. Good luck

I tweaked the processes list and it has helped a lot. I suggest you give that a try mmilia. Good luck
    Also let me know if you have the Assimilation Mod Patch downloaded

I do, or i did actually. It started crashing on me again and i have uninstalled. Too bad, cause i like the timeframe and your work.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Didn't someone fix the 2702 error by pasting the Rio descr_buildings over the BI descr_buildings???

Quote Originally Posted by Magistri Militum FlaviusAetius View Post
    Didn't someone fix the 2702 error by pasting the Rio descr_buildings over the BI descr_buildings???
    -This is an error from files not being copied over correctly and is not always the fault of the person copying over the files
    -Or it can be from previous mod that has changed an orig bi or data folder.

-For not properly downloaded files:
    Sometimes if the mod is downloaded several times it seems to cure this issue