Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: IB VGR Installation, Ctd, and Bug Thread

Default Re: RIO BRG III Mod ctd and bug thread

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator Caesar Augustus View Post
    This is when you have to make a battle to defend a Roman fortress, it is when given the CTD, is saying that the file does not exist and gives the path I put in previous post (IBFD / data / model_building / info / BI_street_lamp) when I found I began to review the file at: RIO / data / model_building / info / BI_street_lamp.

I hope you can upload a patch for this.
    One question: now that patch is valid, then a few weeks ago I saw that you got the patch II, and is no longer.

Merry Christmas Friend to you and your family

Hi Imperator Caesar Augustus

I do see that BI_street_lamp file file though

I'm sure it can be fixed. Its just finding out where I have a file saying IBFD

The newest patch I posted below. It very important cause of a new assimilation feature that is vital for game play.

This is the newest patch
    Assimilation Mod Patch
    RIO'S IBFD BRG III REQUIRED
    1-Extract to your desk top
    2-Copy or drop the rio folder over your rtw folder where your rio folder is, copying over all existing files.
    RIO'S BRG III Assimilation Mod Patch I.rar
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BOX0AFBT

And Merry Christmas and happy Holidays to you friend and your family.
    Last edited by Riothamus; December 25, 2009 at 10:06 AM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Default Re: RIO BRG III Mod ctd and bug thread

Greetings Rio

Here I leave the image of the CTD:

Please I'd appreciate a solution to play your great mod.
    Last edited by Imperator Caesar Augustus; December 26, 2009 at 04:58 PM.

Default Installing issues

I've did as the instructions said: copy BI => rename rio => install.

Secondly I change the pathway of the link to the right path (which was D:\... instead of C:\)

I press icon... the game starts... first it went fine, I start a campaign => immediate CTD

Next try: the minute I hit escape to skip intro movie I get CTD

I've reïnstalled and the process keeps repeating.

What am I missing out on here?

Thx
    Patronised by Voltaire le Philosophe

Therefore One hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the most skillful. Seizing the enemy without fighting is the most skillful. War is of vital importance to the state and should not be engaged carelessly... - Sun Tzu

Orochimaru & Aizen you must Die!! Bankai Dattebayo!!

Default Re: Installation, something missing?

Quote Originally Posted by gaius valerius View Post
    I've did as the instructions said: copy BI => rename rio => install.

Secondly I change the pathway of the link to the right path (which was D:\... instead of C:\)

I press icon... the game starts... first it went fine, I start a campaign => immediate CTD

Next try: the minute I hit escape to skip intro movie I get CTD

I've reïnstalled and the process keeps repeating.

What am I missing out on here?

Thx
    Hi gaius valerius

You changed the install path and the Icon launcher properties start in and target to its current location and It Ctd right when you click to start the campaign?

Could be a few things..The icon properties(start in and target) aren't correctly lined up to where the mod is, or the Rio folder is missing important files...You may want to check to make sure the bi folder that you copied did copy correctly...Do you have Vista? Another option would be to redownload the mod for the one you have may be corrupted or wasn't downloaded from the site properly. I wonder if moving it to D:\... instead of C:\ would cause an issue? Do you have other mods on D?

Sort of brain storming to hopefully hit on something...Let me know if anything helps

Hmmm. I have all my games on the D:\, as far as mods go I also have the standard issue IB (7.04) and the Julianos campaign, both work fine. And what does this file do: Rio Orig bi descr_model_strat.rar, do I need to use this somehow? (I have XP)
    Last edited by gaius valerius; January 14, 2010 at 03:47 AM.

Therefore One hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the most skillful. Seizing the enemy without fighting is the most skillful. War is of vital importance to the state and should not be engaged carelessly... - Sun Tzu

Hmmm. I have all my games on the D:\, as far as mods go I also have the standard issue IB (7.04) and the Julianos campaign, both work fine. And what does this file do: Rio Orig bi descr_model_strat.rar, do I need to use this somehow? (I have XP)
    The Rio Orig bi descr_model_strat.rar I think was a temp older fle upload. I dont think you need that file

Something is def wrong here..possibly a faulty download??

I reïnstalled it and the problem remains the same, I doubleclick icon, I get the movies and after the last one instant CTD. Guess I'll download it again.

The weird thing was that when I tried to play it the very very first time, I did get past the movies, to end up with a CTD right after I clicked play after having selected a Roman faction. Now I don't get past the intromovie anymore, but I guess that doesn't make anyone all the wiser?

EDIT: after I've uninstalled the mod, can I still use the same "rio" copy map of BI?
    Last edited by gaius valerius; January 14, 2010 at 09:51 AM.

I reïnstalled it and the problem remains the same, I doubleclick icon, I get the movies and after the last one instant CTD. Guess I'll download it again.

The weird thing was that when I tried to play it the very very first time, I did get past the movies, to end up with a CTD right after I clicked play after having selected a Roman faction. Now I don't get past the intromovie anymore, but I guess that doesn't make anyone all the wiser?

EDIT: after I've uninstalled the mod, can I still use the same "rio" copy map of BI?
    Make sure to delete the rio folder if its still in there ok..Then make a copy of the bi folder again and change the copied bi folders name to rio before installing a new Rio BRG III upload. Best to start from scratch ok. It almost sounds like the files are out of place..?
    Last edited by Riothamus; January 14, 2010 at 11:08 AM.

Still the same... my RTW-BI install should be clean so... this is really puzzling.

Still the same... my RTW-BI install should be clean so... this is really puzzling.

Yes this is troubling....can you tell me exactly what you put in your target and start in properties for the launcher icon?

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    Yes this is troubling....can you tell me exactly what you put in your target and start in properties for the launcher icon?
    The location of RTW-BI 1.6 is in D:\The Creative-Assembly\Rome Total-War\

The target was D:\The Creative-Assembly\Rome Total-War\rio\show-mod etc (I didn't change the last lines, just changed C:\Program Files\... to D:\)

The start was D:\The Creative...\Rome Total-War (same as above, didn't change anything but C:\...)

The location of RTW-BI 1.6 is in D:\The Creative-Assembly\Rome Total-War\

The target was D:\The Creative-Assembly\Rome Total-War\rio\show-mod etc (I didn't change the last lines, just changed C:\Program Files\... to D:\)

The start was D:\The Creative...\Rome Total-War (same as above, didn't change anything but C:\...)
    Did you leave the quoatations in at the start and end of the start in and target?

example:
    "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err -mod:rio
    Start in: "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War"
    Last edited by Riothamus; January 15, 2010 at 07:28 AM.

Did you leave the quoatations in at the start and end of the start in and target?

example:
    "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err -mod:rio
    Start in: "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War"
    Yes I only changed C:\Program Files to D:\, anything else won't let me startup the mod at all (now at least I get the intromovie before CTD).

Yes I only changed C:\Program Files to D:\, anything else won't let me startup the mod at all (now at least I get the intromovie before CTD).
    ok .. so your original bi with the copied bi folder now called rio is in the D:\ also? ...the rtw folder was moved there to correct? Then you installed the Rio mod to that location?

ok .. so your original bi with the copied bi folder now called rio is in the D:\ also? ...the rtw folder was moved there to correct? Then you installed the Rio mod to that location?
    Rome RTW-BI is installed in D:\ and rio was copied in to that folder yes.

Rome RTW-BI is installed in D:\ and rio was copied in to that folder yes.
    And your orig vanilla game works along with the other IB mods?

And your orig vanilla game works along with the other IB mods?
    It works perfectly with the standard IB (latest version), IBIJ also works although I only seem to be having one campaign to play (ppl say it should be 2 or 3?) and when I have a custom battle there is no way to speed the battles x2 x6 which is very boring => I don't know whether this is my faulty install or just the mod or if it could have any effect on IBFD).

Default Steam install help!

After loosing my RTW and BI(along with a bunch of my other computer games ) during a move, I buy RTW off of Steam. I look for and eventually find install instructions of IBFD off this section of the forum, and follow them to the letter. But now when I launch Invasio Barbarorum it just starts up RTW vanilla. Here's what I did:

1. Downloaded Rio's IBFD and installed into C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\rome total war gold

2. Duplicated the folder called ibfd in the rome total war directory, putting the copy in the BI folder
    ^I think this is where I messed up, it was called rio instead and there was already a rio in there from a previous attempt at redownloading, so I merged them.

3. I went to RTW gold properties, then put in nm -show_err -mod:bi\ibfd.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Steam install help!

Quote Originally Posted by BT_Gladiator View Post
    After loosing my RTW and BI(along with a bunch of my other computer games ) during a move, I buy RTW off of Steam. I look for and eventually find install instructions of IBFD off this section of the forum, and follow them to the letter. But now when I launch Invasio Barbarorum it just starts up RTW vanilla. Here's what I did:

1. Downloaded Rio's IBFD and installed into C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\rome total war gold

2. Duplicated the folder called ibfd in the rome total war directory, putting the copy in the BI folder
    ^I think this is where I messed up, it was called rio instead and there was already a rio in there from a previous attempt at redownloading, so I merged them.

3. I went to RTW gold properties, then put in nm -show_err -mod:bi\ibfd.

Thanks in advance.

I re posted the instructions here ..I'm not sure where you got the IBFD Folder instructions??

Rio IBFD BRG III
    1- clean 1.6 rtw-bi. installation

2- Within the rtw folder copy the bi and change the copied bi folder to rio
    3- installer - Install RIO'S IBFD BRG III

Installer:
    RIO'S BRG III.exe

Non Installer:
    RIO'S BRG III.rar

RIO'S BRG III Assimilation Mod Patch I.rar
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BOX0AFBT
    -Extract to your desk top
    -Copy or drop the rio folder over your rtw folder where your rio mod is located, copy over all existing files.

-New recruitment system from the Assimilation of the local population

Default Re: Steam install help!

I re posted the instructions here ..I'm not sure where you got the IBFD Folder instructions??

I got them from this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ighlight=steam

And I didn't really get step 2 that good in your post or the official one.