Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: IB VGR Installation, Ctd, and Bug Thread

Default Re: RIO BRG III Mod ctd and bug thread

Quote Originally Posted by The10thLegion View Post
    It seems to me just the general units, I personally had this problem with the Rebel General when I let my cities rebel in Gual in the 434 campaign. I am not a skinner (the artifex rank for me is sooooo misleading ) so I don't know what is wrong, but just a huge explosion of colors is there when you get near the general. It has some kind of portrait in this explosion, Ill give you a screenie soon. Other than that, this has been fun, and challenging. (I complain too much )
    Ok this one I'll look at asap

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

inquisitor's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: RIO BRG III ASSIMILATION PATCH

-looking at them still ..The desert Chieftain sprites seemed ok. I could still see the horses under the rider as I scrolled away.
    hm...i'm possitive that the rider dissapears, you have to zoom out and move the cam away from the unit.Then you will notice the change.

But thats not much of a prob,only the sprite thing is a little annoying playing with the berbers.

greetz inq
    Alexander the great reported in 326BC india,that his men where afraid to go into the caves...because of the dragons living there
    Even Herodotus wrote...that he saw wingend serpents in arabia.
    The word Dinosaur wasn't in the english dictonary untill 1860...WHY??
    Because now we question the existence of god...Thats exactly what the elite(nwo,bohemian club,bilderberg group and all the other sunworhippers) want.
    Hollywood,the music and game industry are now ruled by the illuminati.Just check how many times you see a pyramid(satanic symbol),or 1 eye(the all-seeing eye of horus=satanic symbol),a checkered black and white floor or walls(masonic floor) in games,movies and cd covers.They hide messages in there products.
    And dont accept the FEMA chip....its the mark of the beast

Hi Rio. First of all, thanks for this wonderful mods, the new government buildings really are fantastic.

Unfortunately, I once more have a large problem with crashes. Playing as the WRE in 486, whenever I click end turn, the AI factions have their turn and then the game crashes without even reaching the end of the AI factions.

I have attached the save file, maybe you can take a look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
    -looking at them still ..The desert Chieftain sprites seemed ok. I could still see the horses under the rider as I scrolled away.
    hm...i'm possitive that the rider dissapears, you have to zoom out and move the cam away from the unit.Then you will notice the change.

But thats not much of a prob,only the sprite thing is a little annoying playing with the berbers.

greetz inq

Hi inquisitor,

I will fix this as I want to detail the mod better along with text(word)editing and 2d art in the very near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurang View Post
    Hi Rio. First of all, thanks for this wonderful mods, the new government buildings really are fantastic.

Unfortunately, I once more have a large problem with crashes. Playing as the WRE in 486, whenever I click end turn, the AI factions have their turn and then the game crashes without even reaching the end of the AI factions.

I have attached the save file, maybe you can take a look at it.
    Hi Jurang,
    There is something not right here... and what jumped out at me was how where you able to start the construction of the vandal triumph building without the government center? I destroyed the construction of it and as it should the game wouldn't let me build the Vandal triumph until the gov. center was built first. Also the ctd I have narrowed down the the Gaels and possibly at their capital city. I'm carefully checking over Celtic files to make sure there aren't conflicts. I recommend that you reinstall the mod over again..and over a clean bi....I'm finding out ctds are resulting from faulty installs sometimes.
    Last edited by Riothamus; October 11, 2009 at 10:30 AM.

Sorry Rio - this was before the patch which included the government center. I should have clarified this.

Sorry Rio - this was before the patch which included the government center. I should have clarified this.
    This could make the game unstable

Big Pacha's Avatar Campidoctor

Icon5 Re: RIO BRG III Mod ctd and bug thread

First of all, congrats to Riothamus for renewing the IBFD experience once again The IBFD series being what BI should have been in the first place. I was playing IBFD-FD VII before but the file is corrupted and IMo BRG is way better.
    Excellent work!

I tried the Bulgars (new faction, nice!) & the Franks and now I'm experiencing that game-ruining BUG:

The BRGIII 4tpy script doesn't load anymore when I load a Save.

Same when I start a new campaign, no more script! I don't even have the advisor, It looks like It's permanently disabled (even if I put it back on my settings) & that must be the problem (no advisor displayed = no script activation button).

Please help. There must be a way to force a script loading.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Pacha View Post
    First of all, congrats to Riothamus for renewing the IBFD experience once again The IBFD series being what BI should have been in the first place. I was playing IBFD-FD VII before but the file is corrupted and IMo BRG is way better.
    Excellent work!

I tried the Bulgars (new faction, nice!) & the Franks and now I'm experiencing that game-ruining BUG:

The BRGIII 4tpy script doesn't load anymore when I load a Save.

Same when I start a new campaign, no more script! I don't even have the adviser, It looks like It's permanently disabled (even if I put it back on my settings) & that must be the problem (no adviser displayed = no script activation button).

Please help. There must be a way to force a script loading.
    Thanks Big Pacha

Trying to figure This one out. I have Never come across this issue before..possibly the 64 bit is allowing it(the script or adviser) to load? Try manually clicking on the 4 turn script itself and copy and paste or drop it over the show_me folder: rio\data\scripts\show_me

The other issue that may be the true prob is the disabled adviser. I'm not sure why it would disable(permanently) Looking at this see if I can find anything

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    This could make the game unstable
    Eh?

Here is what happened.

Clean BI folder copied, renamed Rio.
    Installed the newest version of your mod.
    Patch not installed as it was not available at that time.
    Game crashes.

I did not tinker with the game in any way, nor did I install the patch at any later time.

But the game still crashes.

Eh?

Here is what happened.

Clean BI folder copied, renamed Rio.
    Installed the newest version of your mod.
    Patch not installed as it was not available at that time.
    Game crashes.

I did not tinker with the game in any way, nor did I install the patch at any later time.

But the game still crashes.
    If you play an old saved game, a saved game before the patch it could become unstable. This appears to be the case because you can build buildings that in the patch now requires a building you haven't built yet ..
    Last edited by Riothamus; October 12, 2009 at 02:36 PM.

I did not play an old game. I installed BRGIII, then played it with a new game, then it crashed. I did not install the assimilation and recruitment patch.

So it must have been a problem with BRGIII - was such a problem fixed in the patch?

I did not play an old game. I installed BRGIII, then played it with a new game, then it crashed. I did not install the assimilation and recruitment patch.

So it must have been a problem with BRGIII - was such a problem fixed in the patch?
    Ok i see ..sorry, I misunderstood what you were saying..still not sure what caused it but its during the Gael turn. I've been testing the AI as the Gaels 2 times for over a hundred turns without a ctd in the so far. I'm still looking through their files also.
    Last edited by Riothamus; October 12, 2009 at 09:21 PM.

Thanks Rio.

Strangely, to me it also has happened so far during the franks and the saxon's turn. Maybe the computer had already calculated ahead and had not yet shown the appropriate faction insigna yet?

Anyway, I will try a clean reinstall and then figure out if this problem persists.

Thanks Rio.

Strangely, to me it also has happened so far during the franks and the saxon's turn. Maybe the computer had already calculated ahead and had not yet shown the appropriate faction insigna yet?

Anyway, I will try a clean reinstall and then figure out if this problem persists.
    If you watch the AI play out(AI-Comp plays as you) then slow it to where you can see and watch each and every move by the succeeding factions, then you can see the Saxons take the last turn and as the Gaels are about to make there moves(Can see the comp move to the Gael capital ) right then it ctd

Another thing - the triumph ancillaries still do not work.

I've been experiencing some nasty CTDs after I installed BRG III. The CTDs occur only just before battle, when the loading screen should start. The game just crashes without an error message, only a 'Don't Send' message. I've had the problem fighting Vandals, Visigoths and possibly others. There doesn't seem to be a particular reason for the CTDs, they seem random. Could it be because I installed BRG III over BRG II? I'll try with a fresh install and report the result.

Another thing - the triumph ancillaries still do not work.
    I promise to fix this even if it kills me! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Octavius-Augustus View Post
    I've been experiencing some nasty CTDs after I installed BRG III. The CTDs occur only just before battle, when the loading screen should start. The game just crashes without an error message, only a 'Don't Send' message. I've had the problem fighting Vandals, Visigoths and possibly others. There doesn't seem to be a particular reason for the CTDs, they seem random. Could it be because I installed BRG III over BRG II? I'll try with a fresh install and report the result.
    Yes Octavius-Augustus..reinstall on a clean bi and let me know if its better

I reinstalled the mod on a clean BI install. I started a new campaign with a well prepared strategy to get my empire going. I fought 2-3 battles against the Vandals with no problem at all. I ambushed another Vandal army and I chose to fight the battle. The game crashed again! No message, same as before.

I don't have any idea what's causing this CTD. It isn't only related to the Vandals because I've experienced it fighting the Visigoths. I did see a small glitch in one of the Vandal cavalry units - they seemed to have some sort of strange extentions. (tongue) I don't think this has anything with the crashes of course, but just saying.

Anyway, any idea what to do now, Rio? Is the problem in my computer?

Quote Originally Posted by Octavius-Augustus View Post
    I reinstalled the mod on a clean BI install. I started a new campaign with a well prepared strategy to get my empire going. I fought 2-3 battles against the Vandals with no problem at all. I ambushed another Vandal army and I chose to fight the battle. The game crashed again! No message, same as before.

I don't have any idea what's causing this CTD. It isn't only related to the Vandals because I've experienced it fighting the Visigoths. I did see a small glitch in one of the Vandal cavalry units - they seemed to have some sort of strange extentions. (tongue) I don't think this has anything with the crashes of course, but just saying.

Anyway, any idea what to do now, Rio? Is the problem in my computer?
    Its happening in the ingame battles and I dont think there's missing unit files so it could bea graphics conflict...if you reload the battle can it ever play out and finish? If we can locate the in game battle units that are causing issues I will modify them for you(maybe change the unit)
    Last edited by Riothamus; October 19, 2009 at 10:05 PM.

I'll check that out later today.

Edit: Unfortunately, I didn't have a savegame right before the battle so I loaded the most recent one. Again, I fought some battles with no problem against the Vandals, after which I decided to assault the rather weakly defended Turis. BI just crashed, same as before.

Also somehow I think if the problem was in a battle unit the game will at least show an error message. I base this assumption on unpleasant experiences with crashes in other mods. What can I try now? I'm thinking some custom battles with different Vandal army composition, but as I've already pointed out, I'm having crashes with the Visigoths also. It's almost always the third, maybe fourth battle when the game crashes. I don't have that much crashes with any other mod. I'm getting desperate here. An occasional CTD isn't the end of the world, but this is happening all the time and ruining the whole pleasure from playing the mod.
    Last edited by Octavius-Augustus; October 20, 2009 at 02:43 PM.