Page 1 of 46 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: IB VGR Installation, Ctd, and Bug Thread

Default IB VGR Installation, Ctd, and Bug Thread

All ctds and bugs can be reported here

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Default Re: RIO BRG III Mod ctd and bug thread

I have an error it says script error in rio/data/world/maps/campaign/barbarian_invasion/descr_strat.txt, at line 28, column 1

"Script Error in rio/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 2702, column 34

Expected 'requires' or nothing"

what can I do to solve this? cheers

Quote Originally Posted by charles the hammer View Post
    I have an error it says script error in rio/data/world/maps/campaign/barbarian_invasion/descr_strat.txt, at line 28, column 1

Quote Originally Posted by Aenima View Post
    "Script Error in rio/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 2702, column 34

Expected 'requires' or nothing"

what can I do to solve this? cheers
    The10thLegion somehow figured this out but he isn't sure what he did to fix a similar prob..He thinks he possibly adjusted the route of the launcher..
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=297946
    Last edited by Riothamus; October 05, 2009 at 10:36 AM.

Keep copying the BI folder and renaming it rio and then re-installing. I don't know how it worked, but it took about 5 installs.

inquisitor's Avatar Semisalis

Hi
    I dont know if this belongs here
    Started a Berber campaign,and noticed that the Berber chieftain.....when zoomed out....doesn't have a rider model.
    As for the other Berber units.....zoomed out they all turn grey or white.The archers turn greenish.
    Probably a sprite thing.

Gratz with the release Rio
    Alexander the great reported in 326BC india,that his men where afraid to go into the caves...because of the dragons living there
    Even Herodotus wrote...that he saw wingend serpents in arabia.
    The word Dinosaur wasn't in the english dictonary untill 1860...WHY??
    Because now we question the existence of god...Thats exactly what the elite(nwo,bohemian club,bilderberg group and all the other sunworhippers) want.
    Hollywood,the music and game industry are now ruled by the illuminati.Just check how many times you see a pyramid(satanic symbol),or 1 eye(the all-seeing eye of horus=satanic symbol),a checkered black and white floor or walls(masonic floor) in games,movies and cd covers.They hide messages in there products.
    And dont accept the FEMA chip....its the mark of the beast

knight of virtue and valor's Avatar Praefectus
    In the nightmares of my foes (bakersfield, CALI, allright)

hello, I just was doing a couple of custom battles, and roman forts cause CTDs. error is that file name does not exist.....some long line about building models. any help?
    "WE WILL SMITE THE INVADERS FROM OUR SKIES! Though they sweep over our lands like the sands of winter, never again will we bow before them; never again endure their oppression; never again endure their tyranny. We will strike without warning and without mercy, fighting as one hand, one heart, one soul. We will shatter their dreams and haunt their nightmares, drenching our ancestors' graves with their blood. And as our last breath tears at their lungs; as we rise again from the ruins of our cities...they will know: Helghan belongs to the Helghast." -Scholar Visari

Does anyone has the problems with the skins of Vandal generals? On my pc each cavalryman of vandal general unit produces tons of multicolour rays going into the sky which makes the battles vs vandals to fight halfblind. The problem is solved when every cavalryman is dead however.

Quote Originally Posted by zero911 View Post
    Does anyone has the problems with the skins of Vandal generals? On my pc each cavalryman of vandal general unit produces tons of multicolour rays going into the sky which makes the battles vs vandals to fight halfblind. The problem is solved when every cavalryman is dead however.
    Same thing, except it is for Rebel General and only happens when you get close to the unit

Quote Originally Posted by The10thLegion View Post
    Same thing, except it is for Rebel General and only happens when you get close to the unit
    x2, although in my case it was Vandals too. zooming out solved the problem though, was fine

Hi Rio!
    The game opens fine but it crashes after four turns. I tried it over two Roman Britain campaigns, four turn script. I tried a DoS campaign too, same result. No error message... it just closes.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Lioneljoe; October 06, 2009 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lioneljoe View Post
    Hi Rio!
    The game opens fine but it crashes after four turns. I tried it over two Roman Britain campaigns, four turn script. I tried a DoS campaign too, same result. No error message... it just closes.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
    Redownload it over Lioneljoe and see what happens k...

Rio: Redownload it over Lioneljoe and see what happens k... "

Of course... It worked like a charm.

I really like the Roman faction general skins, especially for the ERE Justinian campaign. Speaking of that campaign, they get slimed fast in Constantinople. Can they recover…?

I one unit per turn modification works also, much more playable. Now you really have to spend more time carefully planning and maintaining your army’s structure and composition.

I was surprised by the population penalties on the governor palaces. It will be a challenge to carefully balance them with food generating/health structures to maintain city growth.

Like the Roman Britains as a Roman faction, makes a better contrast to the Romano British.

Interestingly, my old saved games from BRG II fully translated over to BRG III. Good!

More later as I work through some scenarios. Thanks for the good work Rio and all who took the time to play test BRG III.

Strange, started to get tons of CTD's after battle with no error messages.
    100 percent CTD is if you besiege enemy city, the enemy army comes to help those who are besieged, you beat both and you should occupy city, and get option - occupy, enstalve, exterminate - press on any such options and you are in CTD.
    The only ways to avoid this CTD is not to kill all retreating enemy guys and take the city on your turn by assaulting the walls.
    I also get a CTD in 2-3 turns after one of the random field battles. I do wait for 30 secs before closing the battle screen after battle is done - the only way to avoid it seems to be simply reloadgame after it crashes and replay battle. So far there is not much battles, so there should be no bigger problem, however if there will be battle series - 4-6 battles per one enemy turn this might become a problem. Anyone knows how to reduce number of crashes?

Quote Originally Posted by zero911 View Post
    Strange, started to get tons of CTD's after battle with no error messages.
    100 percent CTD is if you besiege enemy city, the enemy army comes to help those who are besieged, you beat both and you should occupy city, and get option - occupy, enstalve, exterminate - press on any such options and you are in CTD.
    The only ways to avoid this CTD is not to kill all retreating enemy guys and take the city on your turn by assaulting the walls.
    I also get a CTD in 2-3 turns after one of the random field battles. I do wait for 30 secs before closing the battle screen after battle is done - the only way to avoid it seems to be simply reloadgame after it crashes and replay battle. So far there is not much battles, so there should be no bigger problem, however if there will be battle series - 4-6 battles per one enemy turn this might become a problem. Anyone knows how to reduce number of crashes?

I would redownload the game. Something isn't right there

inquisitor's Avatar Semisalis

I'll post it again....

Started a Berber campaign,and noticed that the Berber chieftain.....when zoomed out....doesn't have a rider model.
    As for the other Berber units.....zoomed out they all turn grey or white.The archers turn greenish.
    Probably a sprite thing.
    Alexander the great reported in 326BC india,that his men where afraid to go into the caves...because of the dragons living there
    Even Herodotus wrote...that he saw wingend serpents in arabia.
    The word Dinosaur wasn't in the english dictonary untill 1860...WHY??
    Because now we question the existence of god...Thats exactly what the elite(nwo,bohemian club,bilderberg group and all the other sunworhippers) want.
    Hollywood,the music and game industry are now ruled by the illuminati.Just check how many times you see a pyramid(satanic symbol),or 1 eye(the all-seeing eye of horus=satanic symbol),a checkered black and white floor or walls(masonic floor) in games,movies and cd covers.They hide messages in there products.
    And dont accept the FEMA chip....its the mark of the beast

Quote Originally Posted by inquisitor View Post
    I'll post it again....

Probably a sprite thing.
    K I'll look at it today.. thanks

Default Re: RIO BRG III ASSIMILATION PATCH

Awesome! Did you find what was wrong with the skins/sprites?
    Last edited by Riothamus; October 09, 2009 at 07:34 PM.

Default Re: RIO BRG III ASSIMILATION PATCH

Quote Originally Posted by The10thLegion View Post
    Awesome! Did you find what was wrong with the skins/sprites?
    Sorry meant to quote
    -and moved your post here

-looking at them still ..The desert Chieftain sprites seemed ok. I could still see the horses under the rider as I scrolled away.
    Some of the sprites are older thus the color may show a different color

It seems to me just the general units, I personally had this problem with the Rebel General when I let my cities rebel in Gual in the 434 campaign. I am not a skinner (the artifex rank for me is sooooo misleading ) so I don't know what is wrong, but just a huge explosion of colors is there when you get near the general. It has some kind of portrait in this explosion, Ill give you a screenie soon. Other than that, this has been fun, and challenging. (I complain too much )

Page 1 of 46 123456789101126 ... LastLast