View Poll Results: Will you buy napleon?

Voters
310. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes on release. I belive ca wont release another bugfest.

71 22.90%
  • yes but much later when its half price or cheaper and patched

124 40.00%
  • No. ETW turned me off buying total war games permantly

69 22.26%
  • No, cas additude ensured i wont buy it even if it was great.

46 14.84%
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Will you buy NTW?

Default Will you buy NTW?

Firstly I make it known I am no fan of CA after Empire was released. I feel robbed and sad that a game company with such a pedigree as theirs released such a disappointment like Empire Total Cash Grab.

Now with the Indian expansion and the plans for Napolean I was wondering what other players views were for the future of this series. Will you blindly be buying any new games from CA? Will you avoid them like the plague due to Empire?

I personally will not give them another dime until I am happy they have fixed Empire. I won't be happy until I am sure that enough patches make Empire the game I thought was purchased in March.

What are your views and thoughts?? 1) Keep acting like devoted fans with a blind rush for the games counters with rose tinted glass every time they release something? Or will you sit back and let them fix what you paid for? I personally compare this to what SOE did to the MMO Star Wars Galaxies.

Mag

Sol Invictus's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Will you keeping feeding your money to CA?

Patch 1.4 has restored much of my faith in CA but I will never buy another TW on release day. Depending on the quality of 1.5 will determine whether I buy NTW. I have no intentions of buying Warpath though since it strikes me as a rediculous expansion for ETW.

Xelathur's Avatar Ducenarius

Don't blame CA. Blame Sega. I am willing to give CA more time to "fix" empire, and besides, my opinion doesn't matter. sigh. Lock this thread, it DOES NOT deliver anything.
    One’s back is vulnerable, unless one has a brother.
    Ber er hver að baki nema sér bróður eigi.

The Saga of Grettir the Strong, chapter 82

yes i am going to keep feeding CA my money....

Quote Originally Posted by Sol Invictus View Post
    I will never buy another TW on release day.
    This

Also warpath is lol

Yes i will still buy there game wathever they release if it look decent i will buy , i stoped consol playing at ag of 16 now im 30 and still stick on the computer in the years i saw great game or great franchise leaving the pc but CA as not ,and they still make pretty good game even whit the bug i think there game worth the money and i will keep on support them cause it probably the only franchise or game i can play 5 to 8 hours straight whitout being bored .

So long live to CA and i hope they next product will meet the quality of patch 1.4 at release .

We all already know Empire was a rushed produt in a economical crisis lets keep that in mind and try to deal whit it and think CA as given us mutch better game in the past .

Patriotism... is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.

eregost's Avatar Primicerius

I will not only feed CA my money but I will let CA consume my soul and make me the BAI for their future games.

I will never buy a CA game ever again out of principle and one on steam for that matter. What a state to get in, crashes left right and centre. Steam has ruined my machine that I built. I have a massive folder full of MDMP files from the hundreds of crashes ive had. They are laughing at us all, why do a job if you cant do it properly. Its like Empire was a dry run for Napoleon. Well they can stick it unless they fix Empire. CA wont last. What a joke. How many bugs can a game have, they fix 5 with a patch and the same gives it another 10!

Thanks I have got that out of my system.

D.B. Cooper's Avatar Tribunus

Cry some more.

Quote Originally Posted by MAGNUS454 View Post
    I feel robbed and sad that a game company with such a pedigree as theirs released such a disappointment like Empire Total Cash Grab.
    Oh you must not have played RTW and M2 then.

Quote Originally Posted by Archibold
    Steam has ruined my machine that I built.
    No sorry it hasn't.

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

CA has no room to screw up again because it would end the total war series fr good, so yes, I'll buy NTW.

no, i won't

Quote Originally Posted by Xelathur View Post
    Don't blame CA. Blame Sega. I am willing to give CA more time to "fix" empire, and besides, my opinion doesn't matter. sigh. Lock this thread, it DOES NOT deliver anything.
    it is an unholy alliance. it is both of their faults.

Quote Originally Posted by MAGNUS454 View Post
    Will you keeping feeding your money to CA?
    not a chance.
    Always trying harder to help you make an informed decision.

All you noobs ing and complaining.

Listen, ETW is still a great game, was it released unfinished? maybe, but alot has been fixed since then. It's a great game now. I wish they'd remake RTW with the graphics engine though.. :O

Now, the game was built on a totally different engine then the other games so that leaves alot of problems to be had, their STILL learning, you can't expect them to perfect everything they touch.
    >>>>> METAL BLOGGGGGGGG <<<<<

I <3 Student Loans
    EVGA GTX580 1.5GB GPU
    AMD Phenom II 955BE C3 3.2GHz @ 19c idle
    16GB G.skill 1600MHz RAM DDR3
    Corsair Force 3 60GB SSD, 150GB Velociraptor, 2x2TB Storage Drives
    Corsair TX650W PSU
    Asus 2x24" Vertical Monitors + 1 Sony EX500 46" LCD TV
    Corsair Obsidian 800D

Bell FiberOP Internet 70mbps DOWN 30mbps UP

Chevalier IX's Avatar Primicerius

yes i for one have been quiete happy with my Empire expereince give or take a few rough spots here and there,and seeing as they are the only games of their kind,I feel I owe it to them to tolerate a few tough patches since clearly the lack of imitators tells me this is not an easy style of game for just anyone to create,thus making it rather avant garde in its way,therefore with new technology comes new challenges.And seriously,who else has actually tried to recreate fully 3-d renditions of large scale 18th century combat and been completely successful??(before Les Grognards is mentioned I must say their success remains to be seen for it is yet to be released)until there is another comparative example i must assume that it is a rather hard thing to do,and their willingness to continue patching tells me they realise and what to make this right,so yes,I will c0ontinue to supply the funds to create and experiment further with the games i so adore

I think the main reason most people didn't like ETW was because of the fact they had never played a musket TW game, it didn't feel right to many people. Plus the horrible gameplay it was before 1.4
    Yet to me it was the second musket TW game I had played, the RTW mod NTW2 was the first, so Empire didn't come as a shock to me, I was used to it!
    Formally known as 'Marshal Beale' - The Creator the Napoleon TW mods - 'Napoleon Order of War' and 'Revolution Order of War'

Yes I will, I won't buy the warpath expansion though but definitely NTW

Stop playing ETW because cannon and howitzers are rubbish, (underpowered and over powered) but I am still willing to give CA a chance because they are still the best in developing games in this genre and hopping to play with the folks that I have befriended playing ETW and the mods.

Another words, if they screw up in mp again, I will simply stop playing again.

But TBH I am hopping for RTW II.

$20 says the OP buys N:TW

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast