Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: IB VGR II DISCUSSION

Default Re: RIO IBFD BRG III RELEASED!

Quote Originally Posted by justinius View Post
    Ok... but how does the mod not work if I use a copied folder?
    You use a copy of the expansion BI folder, not the whole RTW folder. It does work, I've played it using Rio's instructions.
    Under the Patronage of the Honorable Bolkonskij

Indulge yourself into discovering the race of the Turks that stormed the Oriental world and regained their honor from the despair of decay.
    The Expiation of Degeneracy-A Great Seljuks AAR at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276748
    "By purple death I'm seized and fate supreme."- Julian the Apostate

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator of rome View Post
    You use a copy of the expansion BI folder, not the whole RTW folder. It does work, I've played it using Rio's instructions.

Aaarg it should still work both ways! All I get on the Activision launcher is a screwed up version of vanilla RTW.

No it wouldn't work both ways, because you're using RTW's client on a BI mod.

Indulge yourself into discovering the race of the Turks that stormed the Oriental world and regained their honor from the despair of decay.
    The Expiation of Degeneracy-A Great Seljuks AAR at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276748

Aaarg it should still work both ways! All I get on the Activision launcher is a screwed up version of vanilla RTW.
    justinius, The problem is that if your trying to use the copied rtw to run the rio mod, the launcher start in and target instructions within its properties now has to be manually changed to line up. The launcher is already pre programed to load up your game....I would think if you did this with any other mod that is mod folded, then you would run into this similar problem. Again there is no reason to copy your rtw folder for the rio mod is using a copied bi folder thats name ihas been changed to rio, thus you have still your original untouched bi folder.
    Last edited by Riothamus; January 11, 2010 at 08:39 AM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    justinius, The problem is that if your trying to use the copied rtw to run the rio mod, the launcher start in and target instructions within its properties now has to be manually changed to line up. The launcher is already pre programed to load up your game....I would think if you did this with any other mod that is mod folded, then you would run into this similar problem. Again there is no reason to copy your rtw folder for the rio mod is using a copied bi folder thats name ihas been changed to rio, thus you have still your original untouched bi folder.

Well I changed the target to the copied RTW folder.. . I've done this and it worked perfectly for Fall of Rome and Imperium Julianorum mod.

Just follow Rio's instructions and you will not have any problems.

Well I changed the target to the copied RTW folder.. . I've done this and it worked perfectly for Fall of Rome and Imperium Julianorum mod.
    Hi!

Truely there are several mods which work like this. But I don't understand what's the problem is. As I installed the Rio BFG III Mod the first time, I had no errors. I just followed Rio's installation instructions:

1- clean 1.6 rtw-bi. installation (All right!)
    2- Within the rtw folder copy the bi and change the copied bi folder to rio (Bi folder? Okay! That's the one in the RTW folder. Make a copy? Allright. Copy/paste. Change the name to "rio". No prob.)
    3- installer - Install RIO'S IBFD BRG III

So... Okay. Where's this damm launcher? ... No desktop icon? Hmmm... Okay, let's look to the RTW folder. Ah! A new folder with the launcher inside. And a nice icon is in the RTW folder. Copy/paste launcher to the desktop. Change path, change icon. DoubleClick! Juhu!

Yeah, I know it's a little bit tricky the first time, but with good will it's nothing special.

@Rio

Maybe you should create installation option for a desktop launcher with a default c:\...\rio path. Easier said than done, I know, but it would be more user friendly.

Attention, I tried to install BRG after Fall of Rome, and the game doesn't run.I think you have to make a copy of RTW with BI 1.6 clean and here install BRG III

Quote Originally Posted by Claudio II Gothic View Post
    Attention, I tried to install BRG after Fall of Rome, and the game doesn't run.I think you have to make a copy of RTW with BI 1.6 clean and here install BRG III
    Fall of Rome uses the original rtw files? Its mod folded right? If so it shouldn't conflict.

After the installation of FoR, IBFD and BRG III were not performed, and I remind that during the FoR's setup I read that its installaion will change some originals BI's files...
    However I must unistall all RTW BI and other, I install again RTW, BI 1.6 and I made a copy.In the original I installed IBFD and BRG III, and in the other copy I installed FoR.
    Now my mods run correctly..

Quote Originally Posted by Claudio II Gothic View Post
    After the installation of FoR, IBFD and BRG III were not performed, and I remind that during the FoR's setup I read that its installaion will change some originals BI's files...
    However I must unistall all RTW BI and other, I install again RTW, BI 1.6 and I made a copy.In the original I installed IBFD and BRG III, and in the other copy I installed FoR.
    Now my mods run correctly..
    Holy crap good to know.. thanks..this would then cause an issue

I also installed FoR too before trying IBFD.

I read up on FoR and florin80 does mention clearly that his mod isn't mod folded. Just make sure to read up

I also get the same problem when I installed the original Invasio Barbarorum. I made the directory go to Rome - Total War then I renamed the file IB. It all brings me to a screwed up version of vanilla RTW. (obviously I copy/pasted the RTW file for future use)

i'm running vista and having problems getting the launcher to work correctly
    here are the file locations
    C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War - Copy is the folder into which i installed everything
    I can access the folder and see all of the new files...including the launcher which launches BI...but then when i click on imperial campaign i get a pop up that says please pick from list...
    Warriors charge into battle. Heroes walk through death. Legends embrace Death and walk beside him into the depths of history.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron8 View Post
    i'm running vista and having problems getting the launcher to work correctly
    here are the file locations
    C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War - Copy is the folder into which i installed everything
    I can access the folder and see all of the new files...including the launcher which launches BI...but then when i click on imperial campaign i get a pop up that says please pick from list...
    Hi Cameron8,
    There should be a Creative Assembly launcher folder(that comes with the dl) that contains the launcher icon that you need. Have you tried to access this?

yes i accessed the launch folder...it's there like it should be...it even launches BI..but when i click imperial campaign i get a message that says select an item from the list...i've got the RTW folder...copied BI folder and renamed the copy rio just as instructed...
    Warriors charge into battle. Heroes walk through death. Legends embrace Death and walk beside him into the depths of history.

yes i accessed the launch folder...it's there like it should be...it even launches BI..but when i click imperial campaign i get a message that says select an item from the list...i've got the RTW folder...copied BI folder and renamed the copy rio just as instructed...
    Something is amiss

Do you see the BRG III Slash Screen when the mod loads up?

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    Something is amiss

Do you see the BRG III Slash Screen when the mod loads up?
    no it's launching the vanilla bi intro screens and video....what is the purpose of the rio folder? and should the game be installed into the RTW or into the rio (copied BI) folder?

no it's launching the vanilla bi intro screens and video....what is the purpose of the rio folder? and should the game be installed into the RTW or into the rio (copied BI) folder?
    There should be within your rtw folder, a data folder, a bi folder and after copying the bi folder and changing its name to rio, a rio folder..so those three folders should be there before you install the BRG III. The BRG III mod installs into the rio folder therefore, your original bi and data folders are not touched...Are those three folders there?...Also your BI game is patched to 1.6 correct?
    Last edited by Riothamus; January 25, 2010 at 09:52 PM.