Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast

Thread: IB VGR II DISCUSSION

Default Re: RIO IBFD BRG III RELEASED!

Thanks a lot Rio, downloading now, I'll let you know the results

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    Copy and paste the bi folder over your rtw folder where your rio mod is copying over all existing files
    Well, I'm very sorry, but there is no folder called BI in the unzipped content. Do you mean that, inside the folder where the rio mod will be, I have to copy BI folder, rename it rio, and the extract to here?

Quote Originally Posted by Aernuss View Post
    Well, I'm very sorry, but there is no folder called BI in the unzipped content. Do you mean that, inside the folder where the rio mod will be, I have to copy BI folder, rename it rio, and the extract to here?
    I'm not sure what in the heck I did but I must of recopied over my rar at the last second..I'll post another upload today or tomorrow ..sorry bout that

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

I'm not sure what in the heck I did but I must of recopied over my rar at the last second..I'll post another upload today or tomorrow ..sorry bout that
    Haaa, ok no problem, thanks again

hopefully this is ok
    RaR non mod folder
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z1V5SQM4
    Copy and paste the bi folder over your rtw folder where your rio mod is copying over all existing files

You can copy the Ihatemonday soundmod over your mod but you must click on the data folder within the rio folder and copy and paste it over your mods rio folder for it to download properly.

hopefully this is ok
    Yes it is, I'm already playing RIO'S MOD! thanks a lot men, just let me try a couple of factions and I'll give you my feedback...

Well, I tried the gaelics and the suebii and in both cases I'm amazed with the response of my rival factions. At last AI allows true reenactment. As you can see in thumb 1, playing the suebi I'm dealing with the visigoths eager to make history come true and overcome my suebi kingdom (hope I'm luckier than the real ones)! In thumb 2, I show how my gaelic tribes are expanding to (future) scotland and wales, facing deadly oposition from the picts; while the saxons do their part, gradually occupying england, in such manners that we're both placing ourselves heading to historical accuracy untill the middle ages, lol. I even converted my irish to cristianity by the time of patrick, hehe! I notest a bug on an calvary unit that is posted in thumb 3. I loved that you have the bulgars there, but haven't played them yet. Because this is all so gorgeous, it's easier if I enumerate those 2 or 3 things that are not simply awesome. First a sugestion: if you can, improve those unit cards; they are not bad at all, but could be better, and in my opinion unit cards are very important to the "global feeling" of the game, don't you think? Well, now the only serious "critic" to you mod. I was quite curious about your depiction of the iberian peninsula, because of the conversation we had previously, and had a serious disappointment, in spite of the fact that you have conimbriga (never saw in a mod) and bracara, both in the right places. This mainly for 3 reasons: 1- the rivers are totally messed up, 2- very important settlements are missing, 3- Hispallis (modern days seville) is completely out of spot (you should put it more above gibraltar, or rename it pax iulia or even ebora). If you give me the honor of letting me illustrate this better for you, for I understand perfectly that you don´t have to know the hidrographic details of southwestern europe, I attached thumbs 4 (main cities) and 5 (rivers).
    Now, if you excuse me, I have to campaign beyond roman glory...

Well, I tried the gaelics and the suebii and in both cases I'm amazed with the response of my rival factions. At last AI allows true reenactment. As you can see in thumb 1, playing the suebi I'm dealing with the visigoths eager to make history come true and overcome my suebi kingdom (hope I'm luckier than the real ones)! In thumb 2, I show how my gaelic tribes are expanding to (future) scotland and wales, facing deadly oposition from the picts; while the saxons do their part, gradually occupying england, in such manners that we're both placing ourselves heading to historical accuracy untill the middle ages, lol. I even converted my irish to cristianity by the time of patrick, hehe! I notest a bug on an calvary unit that is posted in thumb 3. I loved that you have the bulgars there, but haven't played them yet. Because this is all so gorgeous, it's easier if I enumerate those 2 or 3 things that are not simply awesome. First a sugestion: if you can, improve those unit cards; they are not bad at all, but could be better, and in my opinion unit cards are very important to the "global feeling" of the game, don't you think? Well, now the only serious "critic" to you mod. I was quite curious about your depiction of the iberian peninsula, because of the conversation we had previously, and had a serious disappointment, in spite of the fact that you have conimbriga (never saw in a mod) and bracara, both in the right places. This mainly for 3 reasons: 1- the rivers are totally messed up, 2- very important settlements are missing, 3- Hispallis (modern days seville) is completely out of spot (you should put it more above gibraltar, or rename it pax iulia or even ebora). If you give me the honor of letting me illustrate this better for you, for I understand perfectly that you don´t have to know the hidrographic details of southwestern europe, I attached thumbs 4 (main cities) and 5 (rivers).
    Now, if you excuse me, I have to campaign beyond roman glory...
    Great points Aernuss and thanks
    It takes me a great deal of time to get around the many aspects... That the Sea Raider? I may have the wrong texture on it.

Edit ahh yes had a wrong texture on it..must of been sleeping when I did that lol
    I'll post a quick fix for that here.

Non Mod Folder Only
    Its a descr_model_battle so it goes within ur bi/data folder
    http://www.badongo.com/file/18438560
    Last edited by Riothamus; November 17, 2009 at 12:27 PM.

First a sugestion: if you can, improve those unit cards; they are not bad at all, but could be better, and in my opinion unit cards are very important to the "global feeling" of the game, don't you think?
    I don´t expect an answer to this post, but I had to rephrase this sentence, because it's not only incorrect, but quite unfair as well. The unit cards in your mod are terrific, with great quality and good taste; I really liked a lot.

I don´t expect an answer to this post, but I had to rephrase this sentence, because it's not only incorrect, but quite unfair as well. The unit cards in your mod are terrific, with great quality and good taste; I really liked a lot.
    Thank You Aernuss...Hows the campaigns going? What do you think about the assmilation process? I want to further that with some 2d art and more tweaking.
    Last edited by Riothamus; December 13, 2009 at 08:49 AM.

Very nice Mod! Sehr schön.

I wasn't able to resist, but I did a little Modding by myself. Extended the Romans, Vandals, Suebi, Visigoth, Domain of Soissons & Franks (with characters based on historical persons of this time; with proper traits I hope). Yet I play to see, if I did something wrong. But by now there is nothing wrong.

Balance is still okay. But it was tough to defeat Ricimer and his new troops (more historical) as the Vandal Huneric - sailed from Sardinia - at "The siege of Corsica". I could do this, because I had luck to defeat the well prepared Roman Navy (Naval battle of Cap Bon). It was simply great!

I repeat, excellent Mod! Simply love him.

Greetings from Germany,

Drihten

Quote Originally Posted by Drihten View Post
    Very nice Mod! Sehr schön.

I wasn't able to resist, but I did a little Modding by myself. Extended the Romans, Vandals, Suebi, Visigoth, Domain of Soissons & Franks (with characters based on historical persons of this time; with proper traits I hope). Yet I play to see, if I did something wrong. But by now there is nothing wrong.

Balance is still okay. But it was tough to defeat Ricimer and his new troops (more historical) as the Vandal Huneric - sailed from Sardinia - at "The siege of Corsica". I could do this, because I had luck to defeat the well prepared Roman Navy (Naval battle of Cap Bon). It was simply great!

I repeat, excellent Mod! Simply love him.

Greetings from Germany,

Drihten
    Hi Drihten

Thanks for the kind words

Do you have also the Assimillation II Mod Patch?

If you want post or send me your changes. I may add them and credit you

Servus Riothamus!

Argh! Verdammt! (Dammit) There was a Assimilation Mod Patch!? Neinnnnnn!!!

I just played with the old IBFD BRG III Version. Okay, now I have to do some reinstall. But I'm sure my work still will be useful. Maybe with some little changes. When I'm done, I'll send my little modification to you. Would be my first RTW credit. *grin*

Here is a sample of my work. I hope you like it.

Ricimer

character Ricimer, named character, age 58, , x 176, y 143 ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    traits LoyaltyStarter 1, GermanHeritage 1, Christian 1, ChristianArianHeresy 1, NightBattleCapable 1, DeceiverVirtue 2, Pragmatic 3, Intelligent 2, HarshJustice 1, BlackBileHumour 1 , PoliticsSkill 3, Authoritarian 2, RealEmperor 1
    ancillaries office_magister_militum_west, patricius

I extended the character with the two new traits GermanHeritage and RealEmperor (yeah, I know, truely not the most brilliant trait-names ever made). I didn't wanted to use typical clichés, but most of my literature sources at the university library said, that 5th century Romans disliked and distrusted people of German descent at this time. So I played with the bad ass image of the German tribes.

Trait GermanHeritage
    Characters family
    ExcludeCultures barbarian, nomad, hun, carthaginian

Level GermanHeritage
    Description GermanHeritage_desc
    EffectsDescription GermanHeritage_effects_desc
    Threshold 2

Effect Command 1
    Effect Influence -3

{GermanHeritage} Romano-Germanic culture

{GermanHeritage_desc}
    The term Romano-Germanic describes the conflation of Roman culture with that of various Germanic peoples in areas succesively ruled by the Roman Empire. The cultural syncretism of Roman and Germanic traditions overlaid the earlier syncretism of Roman culture with the Celtic culture of the respective imperial provinces. \n\n
    The Empire had come to depend on the enrollment of barbarians. It was necessary to render the service attractive to them by the prospect of power and wealth. This was, of course, a consequence of the decline in military spirit, and of depopulation, in the old civilised Mediterranean countries. The Germans in high command had been useful, but they are not to be trusted. \n\n
    The historian Vegetius theorized, that the Roman Empire declined partially as a result of an influx of Germanic mercenaries into the ranks of the legions. This "Germanization" and the resultant cultural dilution or "barbarization", led to lethargy, complacency and loyalty to the Roman commanders, instead of the Roman government, among the legions and a surge in decadence amongst Roman citizenry. \n\n

As archaeologist (Dah-Da-Da-Dahhh, Da-Da-Dah... ) I don't believe in the "barbarisation" theory of the Late Roman Army. But IMO it would lead to a great & wild discussion about the true reasons of the fall of the Western Roman Empire. So I didn't focused the details of the GermanHeritage Trait. Maybe someday later... And to any critics: Yes, Ricimer wasn't of Romano-Germanic, but of Suebi-Visigoth Heritage. I know, you know, everybody knows that. But it's simply a game, so we should'nt waste our time to too much informations. That's my opinion.

Trait RealEmperor
    Characters family

Level RealEmperor
    Description RealEmperor_desc
    EffectsDescription RealEmperor_effects_desc
    Threshold 2

Effect Command 1
    Effect Influence 1

{RealEmperor} De facto ruler of the West-Roman Empire (455-467 & 472-474)

{RealEmperor_desc}
    Ricimer was a Germanic general who achieved effective control of the remaining parts of the Western Roman Empire, during the middle of the fifth century A.D. His power was based primarily on military strength, and he exercised political control through a series of "puppet emperors", whom he enthroned and eliminated. \n\n
    In 456, Ricimer defeated the Vandals. Backed by the popularity thus acquired, Ricimer gained the consent of the Roman Senate for an expedition against the emperor Avitus, whom he defeated in a bloody battle. Avitus was taken prisoner and shortly afterwards sentenced to death. Ricimer then obtained from Leo I, the eastern emperor at Constantinople, the title of Patrician. \n\n
    Ricimer spent the rest of his life as the de facto ruler of what was left of the western empire. As a Germanic tribesman, he could not assume the title of Augustus himself. So he set up his own figurehead emperors and rule through them. \n\n
    When the former Patrician Ricimer, who had been the power behind the throne for the Western Empire, died in 472, his nephew Gundobad seized the title. With his new power he elevated the current Count of the Domestics, Glycerius, to the position of Western Roman Emperor. Gundobad, however left office in 473, as his father, Gundioc, had died and he had inherited Burgundy. \n\n

I created the RealEmperor trait, because I thought, it would be nice to create the true balance of power in the Western Roman Empire. There is a ShadowEmperor trait and other Emperor-traits, because Libius Severus is old and will die soon... and there are others.
    It maybe make the Western Roman Empire ingame stronger than expected, but still there is this little fealing of crumbling away.... For sure if you're able to kill mighty characters like Ricimer, Gundobad, Anthemius, Odoacer, Ecdicius Avitus and Marcellinus. Maybe the Empire is at his knees, but it's not down yet.

army
    unit foederati cavalry exp 3 armour 1 weapon_lvl 1
    unit legio exp 2 armour 1 weapon_lvl 1
    unit comitatenses exp 1 armour 1 weapon_lvl 1
    unit western archer exp 1 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
    unit foederati cavalry exp 1 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
    unit foederati infantry exp 1 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
    unit foederati swords exp 1 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0
    unit foederati spearman exp 1 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0

This is Ricimers Army. I'm not done yet with the historical presence of Late Roman Legions in Italy, but it looks like there were at least 5 Units left. Because archers and cavalry importance increased at this time, Ricimers troops should be a typical example for a Late Roman Army.

Quote Originally Posted by Drihten View Post
    Servus Riothamus!

Argh! Verdammt! (Dammit) There was a Assimilation Mod Patch!? Neinnnnnn!!!

I just played with the old IBFD BRG III Version. Okay, now I have to do some reinstall. But I'm sure my work still will be useful. Maybe with some little changes. When I'm done, I'll send my little modification to you. Would be my first RTW credit. *grin*

Here is a sample of my work. I hope you like it.

Ricimer

character Ricimer, named character, age 58, , x 176, y 143 ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    traits LoyaltyStarter 1, GermanHeritage 1, Christian 1, ChristianArianHeresy 1, NightBattleCapable 1, DeceiverVirtue 2, Pragmatic 3, Intelligent 2, HarshJustice 1, BlackBileHumour 1 , PoliticsSkill 3, Authoritarian 2, RealEmperor 1
    ancillaries office_magister_militum_west, patricius

I extended the character with the two new traits GermanHeritage and RealEmperor (yeah, I know, truely not the most brilliant trait-names ever made). I didn't wanted to use typical clichés, but most of my literature sources at the university library said, that 5th century Romans disliked and distrusted people of German descent at this time. So I played with the bad ass image of the German tribes.

Trait GermanHeritage
    Characters family

Level GermanHeritage
    Description GermanHeritage_desc
    EffectsDescription GermanHeritage_effects_desc
    Threshold 2

Effect Command 1
    Effect Influence -3

{GermanHeritage} Romano-Germanic culture

{GermanHeritage_desc}
    The term Romano-Germanic describes the conflation of Roman culture with that of various Germanic peoples in areas succesively ruled by the Roman Empire. The cultural syncretism of Roman and Germanic traditions overlaid the earlier syncretism of Roman culture with the Celtic culture of the respective imperial provinces. \n\n
    The Empire had come to depend on the enrollment of barbarians. It was necessary to render the service attractive to them by the prospect of power and wealth. This was, of course, a consequence of the decline in military spirit, and of depopulation, in the old civilised Mediterranean countries. The Germans in high command had been useful, but they are not to be trusted. \n\n
    The historian Vegetius theorized, that the Roman Empire declined partially as a result of an influx of Germanic mercenaries into the ranks of the legions. This "Germanization" and the resultant cultural dilution or "barbarization", led to lethargy, complacency and loyalty to the Roman commanders, instead of the Roman government, among the legions and a surge in decadence amongst Roman citizenry. \n\n

As archaeologist (Dah-Da-Da-Dahhh, Da-Da-Dah... ) I don't believe in the "barbarisation" theory of the Late Roman Army. But IMO it would lead to a great & wild discussion about the true reasons of the fall of the Western Roman Empire. So I didn't focused the details of the GermanHeritage Trait. Maybe someday later... And to any critics: Yes, Ricimer wasn't of Romano-Germanic, but of Suebi-Visigoth Heritage. I know, you know, everybody knows that. But it's simply a game, so we should'nt waste our time to too much informations. That's my opinion.

Trait RealEmperor
    Characters family

Level RealEmperor
    Description RealEmperor_desc
    EffectsDescription RealEmperor_effects_desc
    Threshold 2

Effect Command 1
    Effect Influence 1

{RealEmperor} De facto ruler of the West-Roman Empire (455-467 & 472-474)

{RealEmperor_desc}
    Ricimer was a Germanic general who achieved effective control of the remaining parts of the Western Roman Empire, during the middle of the fifth century A.D. His power was based primarily on military strength, and he exercised political control through a series of "puppet emperors", whom he enthroned and eliminated. \n\n
    In 456, Ricimer defeated the Vandals. Backed by the popularity thus acquired, Ricimer gained the consent of the Roman Senate for an expedition against the emperor Avitus, whom he defeated in a bloody battle. Avitus was taken prisoner and shortly afterwards sentenced to death. Ricimer then obtained from Leo I, the eastern emperor at Constantinople, the title of Patrician. \n\n
    Ricimer spent the rest of his life as the de facto ruler of what was left of the western empire. As a Germanic tribesman, he could not assume the title of Augustus himself. So he set up his own figurehead emperors and rule through them. \n\n
    When the former Patrician Ricimer, who had been the power behind the throne for the Western Empire, died in 472, his nephew Gundobad seized the title. With his new power he elevated the current Count of the Domestics, Glycerius, to the position of Western Roman Emperor. Gundobad, however left office in 473, as his father, Gundioc, had died and he had inherited Burgundy. \n\n

I created the RealEmperor trait, because I thought, it would be nice to create the true balance of power in the Western Roman Empire. There is a ShadowEmperor trait and other Emperor-traits, because Libius Severus is old and will die soon... and there are others.
    It maybe make the Western Roman Empire ingame stronger than expected, but still there is this little fealing of crumbling away.... For sure if you're able to kill mighty characters like Ricimer, Gundobad, Anthemius, Odoacer, Ecdicius Avitus and Marcellinus. Maybe the Empire is at his knees, but it's not down yet.
    army
    unit foederati cavalry exp 3 armour 1 weapon_lvl 1
    unit legio exp 2 armour 1 weapon_lvl 1
    unit foederati spearman exp 1 armour 1 weapon_lvl 0

This is Ricimers Army. I'm not done yet with the historical presence of Late Roman Legions in Italy, but it looks like there were at least 5 Units left. Because archers and cavalry importance increased at this time, Ricimers troops should be a typical example for a Late Roman Army.
    I like your ideas Drihten

Trait GermanHeritage and Trait RealEmperor is a great addition
    We could make Trait RealEmperor into other words but with the same meaning

Helo, I dont know why, but always when i choose a faction and want to start the campaign it send me back to main menu. Please help me. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Markusoo View Post
    Helo, I dont know why, but always when i choose a faction and want to start the campaign it send me back to main menu. Please help me. thanks
    Hi Markusoo
    Try reinstalling it..sometimes players with this issue tell me it takes several attempts then all is fine.

Assimilation patch link is dead

Quote Originally Posted by Ostrogoth View Post
    Assimilation patch link is dead
    Should be ok

RIO'S BRG III Assimilation Mod Patch I.rar
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BOX0AFBT
    -Extract to your desk top
    -Copy or drop the rio folder over your rtw folder where your rio mod is located, copy over all existing files.

-New recruitment system from the Assimilation of the local population

I installed it using an rtw file with the IJ mod but I can't find the launcher for the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by justinius View Post
    I installed it using an rtw file with the IJ mod but I can't find the launcher for the mod.
    Not sure if this is for IJ mod? The launcher for the rio mod is in the launcher folder. There are two different types depending on the install route.