Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: IB VGR II DISCUSSION

Default Re: RIO IBFD BRG III RELEASED!

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    Also be sure to copy your bi folder within the rtw folder and then change that copied bi folder to rio before installing the mod.
    Yes, I did it, but still not working...

Quote Originally Posted by Aernuss View Post
    Yes, I did it, but still not working...
    where did the mod install, the route it installed?

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

well, I have a backup copy of RTW 1.5-BI 1.6, I allways use a copy to install each mod. I have it on /C. I copy the bi folder inside and rename the copy "rio", and then rename the backup folder IBFD - rio. I install to that folder and then I extract the "rio" folder in the assimilation patch to the "IBFD - rio" folder and rewrite the files. All seem to be there, but the icons have no image and they don't work...

well, I have a backup copy of RTW 1.5-BI 1.6, I allways use a copy to install each mod. I have it on /C. I copy the bi folder inside and rename the copy "rio", and then rename the backup folder IBFD - rio. I install to that folder and then I extract the "rio" folder in the assimilation patch to the "IBFD - rio" folder and rewrite the files. All seem to be there, but the icons have no image and they don't work...

They dont work I'm thinking cause the icon start up properties are not matched exactly to where your mod is located to load it up. If you put it in an IBFD folder then one of the the icon launcher start up properties need to be change to that exact location.

The sega or activision icons are set up to launch your game as if they were in their trational postions within the rtw folder. So any change in the route needs to be adjusted within the icon properties.
    Last edited by Riothamus; November 05, 2009 at 03:29 PM.

I just reinstalled everything to make sure but... is the same deal! The main question is how can I change the target, or the set up properties, if the shortcuts don't even respond to the right button of the mouse...
    It says the drive the shortcut refers to is unavailable when I double click with the left
    Last edited by Aernuss; November 05, 2009 at 04:00 PM.

Lionheart's Avatar Decanus

Hi there! I'm gonna give you my feedback.
    I enjoy the mod very much. Is very interesting specialy the part of the British isles, Gallia, Germania and other parts of the roman empires.
    I simply want to say two or three things: the first in the descrition regions several do not appear: for instance Frumwaest Land, Ceasar Augusta, Portus Victoriae Iuliobrigensium and i now that is possible that other regions does not appear but when i find them i will tell you.
    Also one correction must be made Ceasar Augusta is not the right name the correct name will be Caesaraugusta you simple change the e and this will be fine.
    Also i miss the character of Uther Pendragon, from the arthurian legend, he will be a interesting character.

I just reinstalled everything to make sure but... is the same deal! The main question is how can I change the target, or the set up properties, if the shortcuts don't even respond to the right button of the mouse...
    It says the drive the shortcut refers to is unavailable when I double click with the left
    If you have the Rio mod in the IBFD 7.3 folder then use the IBFD icon. Make a copy of the IBFD icon then right click the copied icon then click properties. then you will see the start in and another part thats like the start in. It will contain the instructed routes the icon needs to launch the mod. Now all you need to do in both those instructed routes is replace ibfd with rio and give it a try..

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Hi there! I'm gonna give you my feedback.
    I enjoy the mod very much. Is very interesting specialy the part of the British isles, Gallia, Germania and other parts of the roman empires.
    I simply want to say two or three things: the first in the descrition regions several do not appear: for instance Frumwaest Land, Ceasar Augusta, Portus Victoriae Iuliobrigensium and i now that is possible that other regions does not appear but when i find them i will tell you.
    Also one correction must be made Ceasar Augusta is not the right name the correct name will be Caesaraugusta you simple change the e and this will be fine.
    Also i miss the character of Uther Pendragon, from the arthurian legend, he will be a interesting character.
    Great Lionheart

Not sure what you mean by regions, cities not apearing?

Ahh Uther..Possibly Cunnedda's (historical) son Ennion Girt.
    I have been making a few changes in that area for Assimilation Patch II
    Last edited by Riothamus; November 05, 2009 at 08:15 PM.

If you have the Rio mod in the IBFD 7.3 folder then use the IBFD icon. Make a copy of the IBFD icon then right click the copied icon then click properties. then you will see the start in and another part thats like the start in. It will contain the instructed routes the icon needs to launch the mod. Now all you need to do in both those instructed routes is replace ibfd with rio and give it a try..
    Sorry Rio, I couldn't feedback you 'cause the server was down all afternoon... I reinstalled everything one more time, this time creating a folder correspondent to the defeault path in the installer, but happens exactly the same, the shortcuts are blank and don't answer to the right button of the mouse. It seems I'm the only one with this issue here, but my pc is ok, I use xp, and never had any problem of this nature! You think the file may be currupt, or something?
    I was really into trying this; seems very juicy...

Sorry Rio, I couldn't feedback you 'cause the server was down all afternoon... I reinstalled everything one more time, this time creating a folder correspondent to the defeault path in the installer, but happens exactly the same, the shortcuts are blank and don't answer to the right button of the mouse. It seems I'm the only one with this issue here, but my pc is ok, I use xp, and never had any problem of this nature! You think the file may be currupt, or something?
    I was really into trying this; seems very juicy...
    when you click the icon launcher to launch nothing happins?

You can use ur bi icon to do this also by making a copy of it then in the copied bi icon right click it then click properties..can you try that?

You can use ur bi icon to do this also by making a copy of it then in the copied bi icon right click it then click properties..can you try that?
    When I left click happens as I told you, says cannot find the drive the sc refers to. What should I do then on the BI icon, tell me and I'll try it

When I left click happens as I told you, says cannot find the drive the sc refers to. What should I do then on the BI icon, tell me and I'll try it
    -make a copy of your bi icon that is on your desk top
    -Right click your the copied bi icon from your desk top
    -click properties
    -should look like this

within the target and start in you need to put in the route of your rio mod
    example:

Target : "C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err -mod:rio

Start in: "C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War"

You can do this with any icon that has the start in and target properties
    Last edited by Riothamus; November 06, 2009 at 03:20 PM.

Well Rio, I'm very thankfull to you, but it seems it won't work. I've done what you said but even so it shows an error when I click on apply to set the sc: "the name "D:\ROME TOTAL WAR MODS\instalações\IBFD - rio BGR III\RomeTW-BI.exe"-show_err-mod:rio specified on the target box is not valid". Well, I don´t understand, that's the folder I'm using now...

Well Rio, I'm very thankfull to you, but it seems it won't work. I've done what you said but even so it shows an error when I click on apply to set the sc: "the name "D:\ROME TOTAL WAR MODS\instalações\IBFD - rio BGR III\RomeTW-BI.exe"-show_err-mod:rio specified on the target box is not valid". Well, I don´t understand, that's the folder I'm using now...
    You did this also for the Start in properties.. also right?

Also I noticed a folder says, RomeTW

"D:\ROME TOTAL WAR MODS\instalações\IBFD - rio BGR III\RomeTW-BI.exe"-show_err-mod:rio

My rtw folder says, Rome - Total War"

You did this also for the Start in properties.. also right?

Also I noticed a folder says, RomeTW

"D:\ROME TOTAL WAR MODS\instalações\IBFD - rio BGR III\RomeTW-BI.exe"-show_err-mod:rio

My rtw folder says, Rome - Total War"
    I think that's because, in your case, the game folder is called Rome Total War, mine is IBFD - rio BGR IIIisn't it?
    in the start in I have "D:\ROME TOTAL WAR MODS\instalações\IBFD - rio BGR III"

I think that's because, in your case, the game folder is called Rome Total War, mine is IBFD - rio BGR IIIisn't it?
    in the start in I have "D:\ROME TOTAL WAR MODS\instalações\IBFD - rio BGR III"
    Yes you are correct..I cant find an error in this

No problem, you've been a great guy
    I'll try to re-dl it one of this days, who knows! If I'm lucky i'll let you know. I'm sure your mod is great

No problem, you've been a great guy
    I'll try to re-dl it one of this days, who knows! If I'm lucky i'll let you know. I'm sure your mod is great
    Sorry about that Aernuss, but if you want I can make a rar version. That is the old way of dl mods. You would have to make a copy of your rtw folder that contains your bi and rtw-data folders then simply install the rar version right over your copied rtw folder...up to you. I used to do to always do a rar version up to this latest one but haven't done so as of yet

Sorry about that Aernuss, but if you want I can make a rar version. That is the old way of dl mods. You would have to make a copy of your rtw folder that contains your bi and rtw-data folders then simply install the rar version right over your copied rtw folder...up to you. I used to do to always do a rar version up to this latest one but haven't done so as of yet
    If you would be so nice, I would apreciate, of course, thanks a lot.

If you would be so nice, I would apreciate, of course, thanks a lot.
    No worries Aernuss, just give me about a week and I'll post the upload site here

No worries Aernuss, just give me about a week and I'll post the upload site here
    RaR non mod folder

Copy and paste the bi folder over your rtw folder where your rio mod is copying over all existing files

You can copy the Ihatemonday soundmod over your mod but you must click on the data folder within the rio folder and copy and paste it over your mods rio folder for it to download properly.
    Last edited by Riothamus; November 16, 2009 at 10:08 AM.