Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: IB VGR II DISCUSSION

Default Re: RIO IBFD BRG III RELEASED!

Quote Originally Posted by maximius serbus View Post
    Thx Rio,I have small correction for ERE family tree 434,LICINIA EUDOXIA should be unmarried. Because she will married Valentinianus 437 AD and he was young emperor of the WRE,my mistake. I`am redone WRE family tree.

@ F.T.463 LIBIUS SEVERUS FLAVIUS was emperor from 461-465,and he was puppet of Ricimer,he was probably poisoned by Ricimer 465 and Ricimer appointed new emperor Anthemius Procopius. Ricimer also married his daughter Alypia 465.
    Here is Anthemius family tree
    Well,Procopius Antemius had not 4 sons,but 5:Alypia,Procopius Antemius,Romulus,Procopius Anthemiolus,Flavius Marcianus..

Default Re: Rio's IBFD Install instructions:Loading:CTD battles:Bugs

Ok new questions. In the british isles, I can not find Vortigern in any faction in any age, where is he? Also, where is Ambrosius Aurlianus, he was, according to some, the grand son of Merthen aka Ambrosius, and a nephew of Vortigern, the once claiment to the throne of all the former Roman held lands in Britannia. Ambrosius Aurilianus was a strong candidate for Arthur, perhaps the strongest. Castorius Aortorius, a roman officer in cambalonium (not sure of spelling of that northern roman fort), was thought to be a inspiration, but he lived 300 years before the time of Arthur. Another problem, the Romano British seem to have exactly the same holdings in 434 and 463, despite a large saxon army just outside Londinium in both campaigns. And, a Rebel leader Named Mordrid, appears in the same spot, also in both campaigns. It seems odd he would sit there with a huge army for some 30 years. And, why do the Roman Britones, have nearly no cost effecient calvary, despite being a briton faction? All the barbarian troops now, with the new update, are often more costly to upkeep than even many faction good units, so their attraction to use at all is practically NIL. Ostrogoth kingdom, has Visigoth warlords. The picts have practically no unique units versus Gaelics and therefore have little appeal, because the Gaelics have most the same units as Picts and alot more, alot better units, and alot of unique units. The Franks are looking good, though, in other invisio barbaroum mods, they have more axe throwing infantry, which is where the franks name supposedly comes from, the francesica throwing axe. However the Burgundians are practically the same as the franks but seem to generally have less money and slightly fewer unit choices. And another lil oops, several units, are now INFANTRY yet are still depicted as Javelin throwing Troops. Look at Schitron in the gaels, romano brits, and picts armies. Good example but im sure not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinatus View Post
    Ok new questions. In the british isles, I can not find Vortigern in any faction in any age, where is he? Also, where is Ambrosius Aurlianus, he was, according to some, the grand son of Merthen aka Ambrosius, and a nephew of Vortigern, the once claiment to the throne of all the former Roman held lands in Britannia. Ambrosius Aurilianus was a strong candidate for Arthur, perhaps the strongest. Castorius Aortorius, a roman officer in cambalonium (not sure of spelling of that northern roman fort), was thought to be a inspiration, but he lived 300 years before the time of Arthur. Another problem, the Romano British seem to have exactly the same holdings in 434 and 463, despite a large saxon army just outside Londinium in both campaigns. And, a Rebel leader Named Mordrid, appears in the same spot, also in both campaigns. It seems odd he would sit there with a huge army for some 30 years. And, why do the Roman Britones, have nearly no cost effecient calvary, despite being a briton faction? All the barbarian troops now, with the new update, are often more costly to upkeep than even many faction good units, so their attraction to use at all is practically NIL. Ostrogoth kingdom, has Visigoth warlords. The picts have practically no unique units versus Gaelics and therefore have little appeal, because the Gaelics have most the same units as Picts and alot more, alot better units, and alot of unique units. The Franks are looking good, though, in other invisio barbaroum mods, they have more axe throwing infantry, which is where the franks name supposedly comes from, the francesica throwing axe. However the Burgundians are practically the same as the franks but seem to generally have less money and slightly fewer unit choices. And another lil oops, several units, are now INFANTRY yet are still depicted as Javelin throwing Troops. Look at Schitron in the gaels, romano brits, and picts armies. Good example but im sure not the only one.
    Ok Cincinatus I'm going to give you a little education here about Romano British history and my mod but first this discussion need not be on the ctd thread...also remember its a game and history is isn't always interpreted in the same way. -Thanks for putting the time and effort into your post

The large Saxon army depicts the Saxon uprisings (Saxon Advent)

Roman Britones(Pro Roman British faction)
    434AD..
    -Constantine Ursus is within the game and he is the head(Faction Leader) of the pro Roman faction(Roman Britones) in the South Western portion of the isle..where history points to him.

-Aurelius Ursus(Ambrosius Aurlianus) is within the game and he is the next in line(heir to the throne) of the pro Roman faction(Roman Britones) in the South Western portion of the isle..where history points to him.

-Riothamus Ursus just 1 years old(an historical character)prob a better candidate(in my opinion) for the historical Arthur.

Romano British
    434AD..
    -Cunedda Wledic is the aging leader of the Romano British.
    -Gorteyrn Wledic or possibly title name: Vortigern is the heir to the throne.

Romano British
    463Ad
    -Vindex Wledic ..King at the time(as Vitalinus...I had meant to change the ame to him) possible transition between Gorteyrn Wledic and Vortimore Wledic

-Vortimore Wledic... heir. Documented in history as taking over the reins of a hated Romano faction leader.
    -Vortimore Wledic, Artorius Wledic, Wotecorix Wledic are all sons.

463AD
    Roman Britones
    -Constantine Aurelius still the faction leader but now very old.
    -Aurelius Ursus(Ambrosius Aurlianus) next in line still...
    -Riothamus Ursus 3rd in line

-The holdings between the Anglo/Saxons and the Romano British are the same because the Saxon advent if depicted in 429(around the first campaign start date) did not change until after 463AD or possibly after 470AD (the main campaign start date) So they are similiar yes.

-Cost effecient RB calvary? The factions up there(Isles) should not compare. Having a professional army at best needs to be very difficult to make and maintain if they are to be in the game with the other factions.

-As the Pics you have to conquer many of the Gaelic territories to acquire Gaelic units and the likewise..they share many of the same units but you have to earn them as it should be. Also unit cards and in game battle units differ giving a sepearate idenity to the Picts and Gaels.

Picts: units do not share w/the Gaels
    celtic crossbowmen
    marchan tho.
    thomordaoer
    bonheddwyr
    saiogdaoer
    chodaoer

Also ..These Gaelic units do not share w/the pics.
    rastriagha
    tuanaghta
    guirranmor
    guirran
    ruardi_laecha
    gaemornaghta
    sleaceitherne
    fiagania
    celtic kerns

-There is a Mordrid rebel army..does it matter?
    -Ostrogoth Gardingi is used for the Ostrogoth warlord..
    -Franks were more powerful than the Burgundians and they proved it..the game AI needs to play this out.
    -INFANTRY yet are still depicted as Javelin throwing Troops: Ill check this out ..Thanks
    Last edited by Riothamus; October 16, 2009 at 09:27 PM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post

-Aurelius Ursus(Ambrosius Aurlianus) is within the game and he is the next in line(heir to the throne) of the pro Roman faction(Roman Britones) in the South Western portion of the isle..where history points to him.
    That's not the Ambrosius I was talking about, thats his grandfather, and one of the candidates for Merlin, not arthur. The grandson is the candidate for Arthur who would have been about the right age for the battle of Badon Hill, circa 510 ad.

Riothamus has some things in common with the Arthur legend, sure but not everything fits, in part because much of his fame was on expeditions away from Briton. As do all candidates have some things in common, and no one has everything in common which leads to speculation, that Arthur is based on several people, but it is still possible there was a prime source or a source that has most in common with Arthur, and Riothamus, while a good candidate has not been declared either as King Arthur. Btw, Riothamus was probably not even his name but more like a title, so who knows what his name may actually have been.

I like Ambrosius, the younger so we can keep him separate from the Merlin candidate, because he is related to constantine the great, it gives him a little more clout and puts him in a good position to unite and control, roman era briton. He had a candidate of merlin as a grandfather (or perhaps grand uncle), he was related to the hated king of briton, Vortigern which could be the inspiration to mordred if twisted over years of retelling. Supposedly there is a prominence of ambrosius in england even today, so thus it leads one to believe he must have had a great impact in its past. Then again what if they are one in the same person?? Ambrosius and riothamus?? There is a avilon that could have been a island in a lake in england and a avilon that could have been where riothamus was ended up. Many of the other candidates, do not fit into the time line of badon hill which is a pretty sure thing that seems connected with Arthur. Since that was where Arthur halted the saxon advance with a great victory over the saxons at badon hill. Arthur was revered for saving england. I think this is one reason why alot of people do not think Riothamus fits, but then no one knows who he really was either. But badon hill fits more with ambrosius, if riothamus spent much of his career over in france fighting the 10 battles. They both connect and fit and yet they do not connect and fit.

But that brings me to why I asked about the horsemen options for roman britones, if they were a good candidate for the location of arthur but yet, they can not field many horsemen or good horsemen and yet the other brit factions can and so can the saxons, and yet it was the use of heavy calvary by King Arthur that beat the saxons at badon hill....

Is the saio heavy calvary supposed to be recruitable by the visigoths in 434 ad?? and if so only in say Italy? I ask because they have the saio calvary in their starting armies but not the ability to recruit them in any city they start with.

it does not seem funny or odd for the same rebel leader leading perhaps the same army sitting in the same spot in northern england for some 30 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinatus View Post
    That's not the Ambrosius I was talking about, thats his grandfather, and one of the candidates for Merlin, not arthur. The grandson is the candidate for Arthur who would have been about the right age for the battle of Badon Hill, circa 510 ad.

Riothamus has some things in common with the Arthur legend, sure but not everything fits, in part because much of his fame was on expeditions away from Briton. As do all candidates have some things in common, and no one has everything in common which leads to speculation, that Arthur is based on several people, but it is still possible there was a prime source or a source that has most in common with Arthur, and Riothamus, while a good candidate has not been declared either as King Arthur. Btw, Riothamus was probably not even his name but more like a title, so who knows what his name may actually have been.

I like Ambrosius, the younger so we can keep him separate from the Merlin candidate, because he is related to constantine the great, it gives him a little more clout and puts him in a good position to unite and control, roman era briton. He had a candidate of merlin as a grandfather (or perhaps grand uncle), he was related to the hated king of briton, Vortigern which could be the inspiration to mordred if twisted over years of retelling. Supposedly there is a prominence of ambrosius in england even today, so thus it leads one to believe he must have had a great impact in its past. Then again what if they are one in the same person?? Ambrosius and riothamus?? There is a avilon that could have been a island in a lake in england and a avilon that could have been where riothamus was ended up. Many of the other candidates, do not fit into the time line of badon hill which is a pretty sure thing that seems connected with Arthur. Since that was where Arthur halted the saxon advance with a great victory over the saxons at badon hill. Arthur was revered for saving england. I think this is one reason why alot of people do not think Riothamus fits, but then no one knows who he really was either. But badon hill fits more with ambrosius, if riothamus spent much of his career over in france fighting the 10 battles. They both connect and fit and yet they do not connect and fit.

But that brings me to why I asked about the horsemen options for roman britones, if they were a good candidate for the location of arthur but yet, they can not field many horsemen or good horsemen and yet the other brit factions can and so can the saxons, and yet it was the use of heavy calvary by King Arthur that beat the saxons at badon hill....

Is the saio heavy calvary supposed to be recruitable by the visigoths in 434 ad?? and if so only in say Italy? I ask because they have the saio calvary in their starting armies but not the ability to recruit them in any city they start with.

it does not seem funny or odd for the same rebel leader leading perhaps the same army sitting in the same spot in northern england for some 30 years?
    Good morning Cincinatus,
    Like I said much of this history is clouded in myth, and legend with thankfully a final ripple of history so therefore its up to interpretation. I enjoy the conversation on the subject and as you I do love the time and place to study. But I don't believe the Ambrosius we are talking about was alive in 510AD so there fore I choose to make him alive and active during the mid 5th century. Also I don't think Badon Hill was fought that late. The two dates that come to mind to me are 466AD or 493AD. I dont agree with you about Riothamus but again this is my own opinion..Its a title not a name and is the only historical character mentioned in history (469AD) with a strong connection to a British revival during the Arthurian time..Actually he could have been Ambrosius(Roman name)and Arthur(British name) and Riothamus, a title meaning highest King

List of cavalry that RB can have..What is wrong with the first 4!?

-comitatus:The departure of the Roman Army from Britannia created a power vacuum. Petty kings, warlords and even middle-ranking retired soldiers took power to defend their lands and their people.

-marca dumonyna: Marca Dumonyna, 'Domnonian cavalry', heavy cavalry throwing javelins before charging.

-marchomawr3: Marchomawr, 'heavy cavalry', the most famous warriors of a Briton army.

-marca contwn: Marca Contwn, 'Contus cavalry', heavy cavalry fighting with the sarmatian spear, the contus. Only recruitable in British lands.

others
    noble clansmen celt
    marca saethwyr
    foederati horse nobles
    merc sarmatian armoured archers
    marchogluoedd

The Visigioth Saio should be recruited in their Visigoth territories.. good point
    Maybe Modred likes where he is?...I would have thought the unit would move but thank you for bringing that to my attention
    Last edited by Riothamus; October 17, 2009 at 10:05 AM.

Great!!! Isn't getting my butt kicked with every previous version enough? So I guess that means, I'll have it handed to me again, but now with a new version

Art by Joar

Hi Rio: my comments are in green

Hi Lioneljoe

You Have done well to get to Soisson Making the cross channel assault to take Touranai is a winning strategy to get your economy growing faster than your neighbors. I took Sossion only because the DoS would not leave my alone at this point.

Yes the pop penalties signify the urban exodus..but can be slowed down and negated! I was a skeptic at first but so far it works just like you said.

I have and have done so with more regularity in the patch, have given the Roman Britones use of the British legionaries Engineers and the regular. So in Soisson for instance you will be able to recruit the British legionaries. The Engineers will come from achieving a BRG triumph

Me: I have been able to build the Fabrum in Sossion, but not the British legionares even though I have a Barracks Palatinai. However, I can build the British legionaries in Torraco, Spain! (and nowhere else outside Britain so far).

Here's a puzzle for you: My laptop version of BRG III runs exactly the same as my desktop version except some of Roman British units are at half strength on my laptop. For example, a British Legionare has strength of 71 on the desktop but only 31 on the laptop? Any ideas why?

Thanks for a great game so far

Quote Originally Posted by PSEUDO ROMANUS View Post
    Great!!! Isn't getting my butt kicked with every previous version enough? So I guess that means, I'll have it handed to me again, but now with a new version
    Think you will find this a bit less stressful PSEUDO ROMANUS

Quote Originally Posted by Lioneljoe View Post
    Hi Rio: my comments are in green

Hi Lioneljoe

You Have done well to get to Soisson Making the cross channel assault to take Touranai is a winning strategy to get your economy growing faster than your neighbors. I took Sossion only because the DoS would not leave my alone at this point.

Yes the pop penalties signify the urban exodus..but can be slowed down and negated! I was a skeptic at first but so far it works just like you said.

I have and have done so with more regularity in the patch, have given the Roman Britones use of the British legionaries Engineers and the regular. So in Soisson for instance you will be able to recruit the British legionaries. The Engineers will come from achieving a BRG triumph

Me: I have been able to build the Fabrum in Sossion, but not the British legionares even though I have a Barracks Palatinai. However, I can build the British legionaries in Torraco, Spain! (and nowhere else outside Britain so far).

Here's a puzzle for you: My laptop version of BRG III runs exactly the same as my desktop version except some of Roman British units are at half strength on my laptop. For example, a British Legionare has strength of 71 on the desktop but only 31 on the laptop? Any ideas why?

Thanks for a great game so far
    -Yes thought I had changed it that the British legionares would be recruited in capitals also but didn't

-Not sure about the laptop issue. Maybe another can help you?

-Very interested on how your campaign develops Lioneljoe..

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    Think you will find this a bit less stressful PSEUDO ROMANUS
    Yeah, getting beaten the crap out of me can be very stressful .

Art by Joar

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Lioneljoe View Post
    Hi Lioneljoe,
    maybe useless to ask, but are you sure that the "Unit Scale" in the "Video Options" are the same in your laptop and in your desktop?
    I changed the "Unit Scale" and I had the following issues for the British Legionaries:
    Small = 18 men
    Normal = 36 men
    Large = 71 men
    I know that numbers matches only for the "71", but it can be the reason why ...

I'm curious too for development of your camapign ...

See you (all...) here soon

Icon14 Re: RIO IBFD BRG III RELEASED!

Quote Originally Posted by margio View Post
    Hi Lioneljoe,
    maybe useless to ask, but are you sure that the "Unit Scale" in the "Video Options" are the same in your laptop and in your desktop?
    I changed the "Unit Scale" and I had the following issues for the British Legionaries:
    Small = 18 men
    Normal = 36 men
    Large = 71 men
    I know that numbers matches only for the "71", but it can be the reason why ...

I'm curious too for development of your camapign ...

See you (all...) here soon
    Margio.. Thanks, that's it!

margio's Avatar Biarchus

Glad have been helpful ...

Lionheart's Avatar Decanus

Hi there!

I dont know if here is the correct place to post this.
    But i'm unable to download from filefront.
    Could you post this mod download in other site like megaupload or other site similar.

Tank's

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart View Post
    Hi there!

I dont know if here is the correct place to post this.
    But i'm unable to download from filefront.
    Could you post this mod download in other site like megaupload or other site similar.

Tank's
    Ok Lionheart, I'll upload it there with the Assim Patch tonight

Many tank's after i return from work i will come here to see if is there a new download link.
    I really enjoy your mod's it will be a pity not have this one.

Tank's again

Many tank's after i return from work i will come here to see if is there a new download link.
    I really enjoy your mod's it will be a pity not have this one.

Tank's again
    My computer anti virus is reading that there is a virus on the megaupload site: Trackware.MegaSearch

I compressed the mod in WinRAR archiver(non installer) and just need another site to upload it. Do you know of any others? I'll look around in the mean time.

edit: OK I found one..uploading...
    Last edited by Riothamus; October 23, 2009 at 04:17 PM.

Tank's only one last favor could you post a link?
    In the page of the downloads still send me back to filefront

My apologies.. had to re upload it...I'll have it tomorrow with a link

K here it is:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M38971YC

Tank's again! I'm now downloading the file i hope that in a couple of hours i could test it