Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast

Thread: IB VGR II DISCUSSION

Default Re: RIO IBFD BRG III RELEASED!

yea everything is done that way....i'm gonna try downloading a new install file i guess
    Warriors charge into battle. Heroes walk through death. Legends embrace Death and walk beside him into the depths of history.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron8 View Post
    yea everything is done that way....i'm gonna try downloading a new install file i guess
    As long as the rtw folder with the Rio BRG III files wasn't moved from where it was installed it should be fine but it is a good idea to try and redownload it. Maybe something didn't dl.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

still no luck....this is the location of the installed files C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War - Copy\rio and i've got the launcher properties set to "C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War - Copy\RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err -mod:rio and the launcher when used opens up vanilla BI...any idea?
    Warriors charge into battle. Heroes walk through death. Legends embrace Death and walk beside him into the depths of history.

still no luck....this is the location of the installed files C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War - Copy\rio and i've got the launcher properties set to "C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War - Copy\RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err -mod:rio and the launcher when used opens up vanilla BI...any idea?
    C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War - Copy\rio

Please dont tell me(or please yes )that you named your folder Copyrio?

Folder should read as rio and nothing else.

Installation should be:
    C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War

-Before installing your Rio BRG III files within the rtw folder, the BI folder is made into a copy and that copy's name is changed to rio
    Does this help?
    Last edited by Riothamus; January 26, 2010 at 11:11 AM.

yes yes i've done that....i've tried the install 4 times now....the first 3 times i used your instructions to the letter and it made no difference...since it wasn't working following your instructions i didn't much see the point in removing the copy part of the folder...specially considering everything in it is the same and you only need to add the word to the launcher to make it the same...end result is whether i used your instructions or installed the file as above i'm still not getting your launcher to open anything other than vanilla BI

yes yes i've done that....i've tried the install 4 times now....the first 3 times i used your instructions to the letter and it made no difference...since it wasn't working following your instructions i didn't much see the point in removing the copy part of the folder...specially considering everything in it is the same and you only need to add the word to the launcher to make it the same...end result is whether i used your instructions or installed the file as above i'm still not getting your launcher to open anything other than vanilla BI
    Ok..I see...that would be ok to change the folder name to copyrio After you installed the rio mod to the rio folder first.

-Do you have other mods?
    wondering if your vista blocked anything

I do have a rar version in my dl section but its the old way to dl mods...Its not mod folded... if all fails and you want to go that route
    Last edited by Riothamus; January 26, 2010 at 12:08 PM.

yea i've got 2 other mods and both are working fine...matter of fact neither have ever as much as ctd'd once..i'm completely at a loss lol and i was really looking forward to this mod

yea i've got 2 other mods and both are working fine...matter of fact neither have ever as much as ctd'd once..i'm completely at a loss lol and i was really looking forward to this mod

Are they both mod folded?

-I do have a rar version in my dl section but its the old way to dl mods...Its not mod folded... if all fails and you want to go that route

yea both are mod foldered and i've had others in the past that were mod foldered...lol no idea what is happening with this one

Hello, i'm new in this forum, and that's my first post.
    I'm sorry, but i'm french, and my english language is not fluently as i want. It seems to be a very long time that i visit Twcenter Forum, perhaps one year. And, as time went on, i decide to register myself.
    I've many things to talk, because, like you, i'm fond of History, particulary ages of darkness and medieval time. So, it's a real pleasure te be here!

I've to play RIO IBFD BRG mod since one year ago. My favourite faction is Romano-Britons definitelly! But i ever play WRE or Domain of Soisson campaign. One month ago, i download BRG III, and i really need to congratulate Riothamus and IB team to their good work. This third version is a successfull work indeed.

I will probably post again in this great forum (i want to see you a screen from my campaign 463 with Romano-Britons!). I'm sorry for grammar mistake and so on, I hope you can read it without inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by Comte Haudecoeur View Post
    Hello, i'm new in this forum, and that's my first post.
    I'm sorry, but i'm french, and my english language is not fluently as i want. It seems to be a very long time that i visit Twcenter Forum, perhaps one year. And, as time went on, i decide to register myself.
    I've many things to talk, because, like you, i'm fond of History, particulary ages of darkness and medieval time. So, it's a real pleasure te be here!

I've to play RIO IBFD BRG mod since one year ago. My favourite faction is Romano-Britons definitelly! But i ever play WRE or Domain of Soisson campaign. One month ago, i download BRG III, and i really need to congratulate Riothamus and IB team to their good work. This third version is a successfull work indeed.

I will probably post again in this great forum (i want to see you a screen from my campaign 463 with Romano-Britons!). I'm sorry for grammar mistake and so on, I hope you can read it without inconvenience.
    Welcome here Comte Haudecoeur and thank You

Would like very much to see some screen shots and your further ideas here

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Hey Rio, I plan to start a mod for BI completely centralized around Flavius Aetius that begins in 437 AD with Aetius about to crush the burgundians. I was wondering if I could use some stuff like units from your mod. I would also like to know where you got the modding software. Thanks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I made a thread called late western roman army. It's on page 6 below the BRG III home page. I'd like to see a lot of neat posts. It would really go nice with some other threads. Just advertising.
    Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; March 04, 2010 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magistri Militum FlaviusAetius View Post
    Hey Rio, I plan to start a mod for BI completely centralized around Flavius Aetius that begins in 437 AD with Aetius about to crush the burgundians. I was wondering if I could use some stuff like units from your mod. I would also like to know where you got the modding software. Thanks
    Let me pm you back about this..It shouldn't be a problem but much of what is used with the game comes from the original IBFD, now called IBRR(Our Momma we so call )Also from Ice Torques Huge and awesome BI WarMap that I integrated, Arthurian total war(certain units) -A handful Fall of Rome general type units and a alternative comitatenses and limitanei unit for BRG IV...and all my added modifications and stuff..

Mikhail Stepanoff's Avatar Foederatus
    Russian Federation. Siberia. Krasnoyarsk City.

Hey Rio! You have done a great work and this mod is awesome! But I have just a one question: please tell me, when Justinian Campaign will be totally done and available for a download? I love this period of ERE and wanna have my personal attempt to restore all Roman Empire under reign of Justinian the Great!
    Longus penis basis vitae est! (c) my teacher of latin in university

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    Let me pm you back about this..It shouldn't be a problem but much of what is used with the game comes from the original IBFD, now called IBRR(Our Momma we so call )Also from Ice Torques Huge and awesome BI WarMap that I integrated, Arthurian total war(certain units) -A handful Fall of Rome general type units and a alternative comitatenses and limitanei unit for BRG IV...and all my added modifications and stuff..
    Thanks for the info Rio. I gotta purchase the modding software though. Flavius Aetius mod will follow along with my non-f book about the Aetius from 400-455 AD. Still, I love the style of the Cornuti Seniores. I like it even better that they're a legio palatina elite. I had an Idea where there would be a Legio Imperialii which would be chainmail, Itallic helm, with either steel lamellar style armor over that or a variation of segmentata. Both would be nice. IBRR ill probably download after I get BRG III up and running, along with fall of rome. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail Stepanoff View Post
    Hey Rio! You have done a great work and this mod is awesome! But I have just a one question: please tell me, when Justinian Campaign will be totally done and available for a download? I love this period of ERE and wanna have my personal attempt to restore all Roman Empire under reign of Justinian the Great!
    Hi Mikhail Stepanoff, welcome here and thanks for the kind words.
    That was a provincial campaign done by Narses. He couldn't keep up with it due to other conflicts with his time so it isn't currently compatible with all the BRG changes. I may try and get back to it sometime but unfortunately it will have to wait for now. But there is a mod coming out based on that time period and it looks very good heres a link to it:
    Ages of Darkness II

Quote Originally Posted by Magistri Militum FlaviusAetius View Post
    Thanks for the info Rio. I gotta purchase the modding software though. Flavius Aetius mod will follow along with my non-f book about the Aetius from 400-455 AD. Still, I love the style of the Cornuti Seniores. I like it even better that they're a legio palatina elite. I had an Idea where there would be a Legio Imperialii which would be chainmail, Itallic helm, with either steel lamellar style armor over that or a variation of segmentata. Both would be nice. IBRR ill probably download after I get BRG III up and running, along with fall of rome. Thanks.
    -Julianus has made a great mod here also on the forums:
    INVASIO BARBARORVM : SOMNIUM APOSTATAE IULIANI
    The good thing is tat all the mods are different in their time frames and somewhat in their philosophical approaches

I use Gimp and Paint.NET. They are both free and you can do most everything from mapping to unit textures but not anything with the unit models. Photo shop which does cost money allows you to do anything and everything to mod.
    gimp:
    Download Now
    Paint.NET
    Paint.NET v3.5.4

-You will need a PAK_Extractor to view the files
    and a dds viewer that alows you to view model textures and re texture etc..
    Last edited by Riothamus; March 05, 2010 at 09:24 AM.

Mikhail Stepanoff's Avatar Foederatus
    Russian Federation. Siberia. Krasnoyarsk City.

Quote Originally Posted by Riothamus View Post
    Hi Mikhail Stepanoff, welcome here and thanks for the kind words.
    That was a provincial campaign done by Narses. He couldn't keep up with it due to other conflicts with his time so it isn't currently compatible with all the BRG changes. I may try and get back to it sometime but unfortunately it will have to wait for now. But there is a mod coming out based on that time period and it looks very good heres a link to it:
    Ages of Darkness II
    Well, this is not so bad
    Anyway, I can wait for your "Restitutio Iustiniani" as long as possible!

P.S. AoDII looks great! I can't wait it too!
    Longus penis basis vitae est! (c) my teacher of latin in university

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Thanks for the links. I'll have to get them later. I don't download stuff from my own computer at the risk of viruses coming from other users.
    Check the IBFD BRG IV ideas forum, i posted there. Where do I get the PAK extractor?
    Random Question: Ya know how it says light infantryman under my Avatar, How do you change that???
    Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; March 05, 2010 at 03:36 PM.

Hi guys, sorry to be away for so long but I had exams, which I passed now. It's great to have some spare time again

How is the mod progressing, Rio? Is the latest version still BRG III + Assimilation Patch? The one I tested before?