Page 1 of 41 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: IB VGR II DISCUSSION

Default IB VGR II DISCUSSION

INVASIO BARBARORVM: VLTRA GLORIAM ROMAE II
    DISCUSSION

Last edited by Riothamus; April 17, 2014 at 04:06 PM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: RIO IBFD BRG III RELEASED!

I'm first, and its great!

Damn, beat me to it

Why did you beat me guys?

Surely Great Job As The Precedents Version Rio! + Rep

I Cant wait the Next Holiday To Try it , I'll try it Right Now

loet66's Avatar Senator

Hi Riothamus,

Great job (as always)

+ REP !

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Great job guys.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Nice work.
    Son of PW

oh
    my
    didday

is it possible to install this over the old version or does it have to be clean? thanks man, cant wait to play

yes it is. I have spotted a bug though, the Rebel general has a bad sprite or something because when I looked up close to it, a huge portrait just popped up covering the whole screen.

Aenima, I personally installed over my Rio BRG II and it works fine.. For the moment. I should've used a new install, I think. Well, I'll just play and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Víkingr View Post
    I'm first, and its great!
    Thanx Víkingr

Quote Originally Posted by Octavius-Augustus View Post
    Damn, beat me to it
    Looking forward to your thoughts Octavius-Augustus
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Willy View Post
    Surely Great Job As The Precedents Version Rio! + Rep

I Cant wait the Next Holiday To Try it , I'll try it Right Now
    Thanks Lord Willy

Quote Originally Posted by loet66 View Post
    Hi Riothamus,

Great job (as always)

+ REP !
    Hi loet66
    Had some good w/help with margio beta testing it

Quote Originally Posted by Aenima View Post
    oh
    my
    didday

is it possible to install this over the old version or does it have to be clean? thanks man, cant wait to play
    It should be fine Aenima.

Quote Originally Posted by The10thLegion View Post
    yes it is. I have spotted a bug though, the Rebel general has a bad sprite or something because when I looked up close to it, a huge portrait just popped up covering the whole screen.
    I'll take a look at it and post a ctd and bug thread alond with another dl link.. thanks The10thLegion.

Quote Originally Posted by apple View Post
    Great job guys.
    We thank ya(margio and Rio)

Quote Originally Posted by Theodotos I View Post
    Nice work.
    And thank you Theodotos I

-There were some major changes so I do expect some further tweaking so any input would be appreciated
    Last edited by Riothamus; October 04, 2009 at 04:35 PM.

Fantastic! Downloading now!

Game of the Fates
    Mod of the week on hold -- I've played nearly every RTW mod out there.
    BOYCOTT THE USE OF SMILEYS! (Okay, just once)
    Antiochos VII...last true scion of the Seleucid dynasty...rest in peace, son of Hellas.
    I've returned--please forgive my long absence.

Question; do factions use different barracks, ie, huns can't capture a roman level 3 barracks and immediately start pumping out high quality units. I replayed this mod again recently (ver2), but stopped after the franks capgtured france and were pumping out tier four units like crazy. I much prefer seperate barracks, like in EB, so that the assimilation of conquored lands takes longer.

Oh, and just so I don't seem like I'm complaining, i definately enjoyed the economic challenge of the ver2, it was very original and challenging.
    This seems to be quite a racist comment. The Guals did a lot more than "wonder around pillaging";
    It's not as if they were a bunch of dirty, stinking, fatherless Huns.

BRG II mod was great - fun and challenging. BRG III is polished and updated - it's just brilliant. The tension with which the campaign goes (WRE), the economic situation... It's all so realistic, yet so much fun. This mod has really gone a loong way since IBFD and I personally like it more (not trying to bash mommy).

Now, some observations:

-The starting armies have been changed. Good idea.

-Rome is much more of a challenge to play with, like it says in the info. Roman (only their?) unit costs/upkeep changed dramatically. I can now barely keep things together. Even got my butt kicked by the Vandals at Mariana and lost Ricimer. Maybe a more defensive approach is in order until I get the economy running.

-All previously 0-turn units except Foederaty Infantry (only one type) are now 1-turn. Interesting decision. Means slower recruitment (which is realistic) and makes battles more important, IMO. (You can't pump out a new army right after you lost one)

-Graphics: The new portraits are stunning! Really love the more 'barbarized' look!

-Domain of Soissons - Finally in the game! They seem rebalanced and hit Tolosa the first years of my new campaign! Never done that in previous versions.

-New currency - solidus. I doubt denarii are appropriate for the time period. Nice.

EDIT: Forgot one thing I wanted to ask. Pedites Romanii have the same upkeep as before. (around 1000) They have appr. the same stats as, say, Limitanei, which have an upkeep of around 1500. Is that intentional, to help the Roman players have a less expensive 'true Roman' troop?

If I have questions or further notes I'll post them
    Last edited by Octavius-Augustus; October 05, 2009 at 03:32 AM.

Indefinitely Banned

Congratulations on the release guys. I'm downloading now and am looking forward to firing up an ERE campaign.

TiTiTimmy's Avatar Centenarius

Looks good +rep
    Wanted for:
    Breaking and gluing back together and trying to pass off as never being broken in the first place.
    Assault with a weapon that couldn't have possibly been deadly, but unfortunately was

"You know what they say: give a man a fish, and he'll stink up the whole town. Give a man a fishing rod -- see where I'm going here? Give him a fishing rod and he'll poke your eye out."

Rep goes both ways, just leave your name

i downloaded the install, installed it and edited the launcher to start in with my rome folder, but when it launches its still BRG II. any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by A_B View Post
    Question; do factions use different barracks, ie, huns can't capture a roman level 3 barracks and immediately start pumping out high quality units. I replayed this mod again recently (ver2), but stopped after the franks capgtured france and were pumping out tier four units like crazy. I much prefer seperate barracks, like in EB, so that the assimilation of conquored lands takes longer.

Oh, and just so I don't seem like I'm complaining, i definately enjoyed the economic challenge of the ver2, it was very original and challenging.
    Its a good point A_B and one part of the mod (well maybe a few more )I'm not satisfied with yet. I do have something in place that will require a separate barracks for the Barbarians to build but it hasn't been implemented in the mod yet...will be in the next upgrade

I followed your warlord mod idea some time ago..Found your ideas interesting...think that was you..
    Quote Originally Posted by Octavius-Augustus View Post
    BRG II mod was great - fun and challenging. BRG III is polished and updated - it's just brilliant. The tension with which the campaign goes (WRE), the economic situation... It's all so realistic, yet so much fun. This mod has really gone a loong way since IBFD and I personally like it more (not trying to bash mommy).

Now, some observations:

-The starting armies have been changed. Good idea.

-Rome is much more of a challenge to play with, like it says in the info. Roman (only their?) unit costs/upkeep changed dramatically. I can now barely keep things together. Even got my butt kicked by the Vandals at Mariana and lost Ricimer. Maybe a more defensive approach is in order until I get the economy running.

-All previously 0-turn units except Foederaty Infantry (only one type) are now 1-turn. Interesting decision. Means slower recruitment (which is realistic) and makes battles more important, IMO. (You can't pump out a new army right after you lost one)

-Graphics: The new portraits are stunning! Really love the more 'barbarized' look!

-Domain of Soissons - Finally in the game! They seem rebalanced and hit Tolosa the first years of my new campaign! Never done that in previous versions.

-New currency - solidus. I doubt denarii are appropriate for the time period. Nice.

EDIT: Forgot one thing I wanted to ask. Pedites Romanii have the same upkeep as before. (around 1000) They have appr. the same stats as, say, Limitanei, which have an upkeep of around 1500. Is that intentional, to help the Roman players have a less expensive 'true Roman' troop?

If I have questions or further notes I'll post them

-I upgraded the Roman cities so they were more manageable, not on the verge of rebellions and with a good infra structure. Economically they are now further advanced but I hoped to make maintaining an army one the most difficult of tasks of the game.

-Domain of Soissons are be a bit stronger and really can cause issues to other AI factions(still can at times will take out the Franks or the Visigoths). Under the AI though they are meant to fold over time sooner than the WRE.

-Pedites Romanii I wanted to make a sort of Romano-barbarian type unit..sort of a hybrid that came about with the rise of private armies from land owners, Barbarians and Romans..thus the down the middle costs ...still a work in progress with costs and textures.

Quote Originally Posted by Aenima View Post
    i downloaded the install, installed it and edited the launcher to start in with my rome folder, but when it launches its still BRG II. any ideas?
    I think the prior BRG II files were not copied over by the new BRG III mod. The new mod will install as such C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War (You may need to change the installation route)and should copy over your rio mod folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony83 View Post
    Congratulations on the release guys. I'm downloading now and am looking forward to firing up an ERE campaign.
    Tony83, I'm Very curious how the ERE plays out in both the 434AD and 463AD campigns..especially the 434 with the large Hun empire looming above them.
    Last edited by Riothamus; October 05, 2009 at 08:59 AM.

sorted my problem out, no worries =]

Page 1 of 41 123456789101126 ... LastLast