Thread: How to remove fife and drum from this mod? + question about skin mods

Default How to remove fife and drum from this mod? + question about skin mods

Hello, i use to play with Graham mod and i ve heard it is compatible with this mod.
    unfortunatly, this mod seems to include random fife and drum mod, anytime i move a unit it plays music, and with big armies it is annoying.
    how to remove it, which file should i edit?

i have a lot of mods for skins and unit textures, how could i use them with APE?

thx

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Default Re: how to remove fife and drum from this mod? + question about skin mods

Quote Originally Posted by TWmadman View Post
    Hello, i use to play with Graham mod and i ve heard it is compatible with this mod.
    unfortunatly, this mod seems to include random fife and drum mod, anytime i move a unit it plays music, and with big armies it is annoying.
    how to remove it, which file should i edit?

i have a lot of mods for skins and unit textures, how could i use them with APE?

thx
    The four custom tunes for marching are located in the graphics pack (because it was the largest and we didn't want to add a new pack for 4 files) in the music/fieldmusician section.

While we only officially support mods from the submod section you can easily try other skins by adding the mod to the start_apeti.bat like this;

mod unitskinsmodhere.pack;

You can even take out the apeti_skins.pack.
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Default Re: How to remove fife and drum from this mod? + question about skin mods

l33t (or anyone) -

Any chance you could explain how I could remove the fife music, with the assumption I'm (1) stupid and (2) a complete newb when it comes to modding. Is it a fairly straightforward process? If not, no sweat.

I listen to period music (via Pandora, mostly) during the games, and the fife stuff conflicts.

Thank yo sir -
    D

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Default Re: How to remove fife and drum from this mod? + question about skin mods

Quote Originally Posted by Destan View Post
    l33t (or anyone) -

Any chance you could explain how I could remove the fife music, with the assumption I'm (1) stupid and (2) a complete newb when it comes to modding. Is it a fairly straightforward process? If not, no sweat.

I listen to period music (via Pandora, mostly) during the games, and the fife stuff conflicts.

Thank yo sir -
    D
    Download PackFileManager. http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=234546

Open the 'apeti_graphics.pack' wiht PackFileManager once it is installed.

Open the plus on the 'music' section.

Open the plus on the 'fieldmusician' section.

Highlight and delete the 4 marching tunes.

Save.

Done!

Let us know how it goes!
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Well struck, sir! Done and done. Thank you.

D