Thread: Windows Experience Index

Default Windows Experience Index

For the Windows Experience Index, I have 3.3 as the rating for my Gaming Graphics.

Is is more than adequate enough for RTW Gold Edition?

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: Windows Experience Index

Those indexes mean nothing to me. What are your computer specs as in memory, cpu, ram, operating system? Post your dxdiag and we will give you a real world answer.

Quote Originally Posted by irishron View Post
    Those indexes mean nothing to me. What are your computer specs as in memory, cpu, ram, operating system? Post your dxdiag and we will give you a real world answer.
    I have:
    • 2 GB RAM
    • 32 bit operating system
    • Intel(R) Core (TM)2 CPU 4400 @2.00GHz 2.00 GHz
    • Windows Vista Home Premium as operating system
    • Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver

Thank you

Default What is wrong with my RTW?

My problem is that the game that I have saved would disappear. This has already happened to me twice already.

The first time was when I played as Parthia. I was close to completing the Campaign. Several months ago, when I launch the game to play again, all the progress that I have made had disappeared; the game could not find any of the saved files. This happens when I installed and played the Barbarian Invasion disc.

As such, I began to play as Egypt.

The second time this happens is during the present time. The only difference is that this seems to be more severe. Again, the files containing the progress that I have made in the Egyptian Campaign has become "non-existent". However, unlike the last time, I am having newer problems.

Here's the list: the Roman console could also not be summon; I cannot play custom battles; and, when I started a new campaign as the Gauls, I cannot save my progress.

Also, the problem is not only being confine to RTW. My Google Toolbar suddenly does not work very well; the clock display on Vista would not come up; and I can still save things on Microsoft word, but it would stop responding each time after saving.

Here's the events that lead up to and came after the manifestation of the problem:
    1. The night before the problem, my RTW "stopped working". I was not afraid since this happens occasionally and I always save my progress. I turned off the computer normally like always. The next day I turned on the computer this problem came into being.

2. After the appearance of the problem, I found out that I "needed" to upload what is called the "Service Pack 2". The uploading occurred without any obstacles. After this new upload, the problems still remains, however.

Is this trouble caused by RTW, or by my relatively new computer?

Thank you
    Last edited by asianboy; October 01, 2009 at 09:26 PM.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

It sounds like you have an integrated graphics chip on your PC rather than a dedicated graphics card. They aren't known to be very good.

As irishron has suggest post your dxdiag - just enter dxdiag in the run dialogue box.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    It sounds like you have an integrated graphics chip on your PC rather than a dedicated graphics card. They aren't known to be very good.

As irishron has suggest post your dxdiag - just enter dxdiag in the run dialogue box.
    I can't. Something seems quite wrong with my computer, as explained in my other thread.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=300231

With your system and Vista you will see anomalies deep in a campaign, even vanilla.

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time you cleaned the dirt and other unmentionables out of your case? Have you cleaned all your fans and vents? Whenwas the last ime you deleted programs from your harddrive you'll never use, again? When was the last time you ran a registry cleaner to get the garbage out? When was the last time you defragged your harddrive? When was the last time you ran Microsoft Update? They all have a bearing on your playing experience.

Citizen

I've merged your two threads together - although they appear to be two different problems they mau be related (especially as you've referred to the other one in your reply).

So, it appears as if your PC is 'relatively new' - what do you mean by that?

Have you ever managed to play RTW without any problems for any length of time?

Your other post does not explain why you can't run dxdiag.

Anyway, there are enough questions in this post and the ones from irishron in the previous one - please answer them.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

With your system and Vista you will see anomalies deep in a campaign, even vanilla.

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time you cleaned the dirt and other unmentionables out of your case? Have you cleaned all your fans and vents? Whenwas the last ime you deleted programs from your harddrive you'll never use, again? When was the last time you ran a registry cleaner to get the garbage out? When was the last time you defragged your harddrive? When was the last time you ran Microsoft Update? They all have a bearing on your playing experience.
    So, it appears as if your PC is 'relatively new' - what do you mean by that?

1. My computer is almost exactly 2 years old.

2. I cleaned my computer twice. In fact, the last time was a short while ago. I cleaned too irregularly? Well, the last time I cleaned it, there was much lesser dust than what I have thought. And yes, I made sure that I did not shock the system while I was cleaning the computer: I wore gloves; I made sure that I ground myself by touching the computer; I never touched the motherboard; and, I never used blowers since they do not have sufficient filters to block out small particles.

3. I always delete programs that I would never use again.

4. I don't usually defrag my computer, since I'm not the type that download loads of programs. Rest assured that I know the importance of defragging and that I always defrag after a certain amount of time.

5. The only thing that I have never done is to use registry cleaner to get rid of unwanted files. I used Registry Cleaner (CCleaners) on my old computer and it broke down (though it could be caused by other problems; I have never dust down that computer since it's a laptop). Thus, I became wary of using it on my new computer. Now I realize that this was probably a mistake.
    I have a question though. My AusLogic Defrag program always asks me to delete junk files. Can this part of Auslogic act as a substitute for Registry Cleaner (CCleaners)? Or is this a completely different thing from CCleaners?
    Last edited by asianboy; October 02, 2009 at 11:48 PM.

It's version of "junk files" is probably things like temporary internet files, temp files, and other assorted junk a computer collects online, aware of it or not. Does it have a button so you can view those files to be sure? If not, use ccleaner. I prefer Advanced System Care.

Have run a good virus scan and spyware scan, lately? Mine is always picking up strange cookies with companies trying to follow me around.

It's version of "junk files" is probably things like temporary internet files, temp files, and other assorted junk a computer collects online, aware of it or not. Does it have a button so you can view those files to be sure? If not, use ccleaner. I prefer Advanced System Care.

Have run a good virus scan and spyware scan, lately? Mine is always picking up strange cookies with companies trying to follow me around.

I've run virus scan; there wasn't any virus.

However, I have never really use spyware scan. I have the older Ad-Aware SE, since I can't find any free program.

------ double posts merged - please don't bump

No answer?

Anyways, would it be a good idea to uninstall and then reinstall Rome Total War?
    Last edited by Brusilov; October 03, 2009 at 05:58 PM.

Citizen

It may help. I'd suggest doing a 'spring clean' on your PC as well.

The following is a useful guide on doing this: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=100384