Page 2 of 179 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752102 ... LastLast

Thread: Real Combat / Real Recruitment Compilation Mod - 2009 Version - HOTFIX OCT 30

Default Re: Real Combat / Real Recruitment Compilation Mod BETA - October 3 Release

Quote Originally Posted by Chees3 View Post
    if i install the hotfix will i have to restart campaign?
    I would like to know also

"Do you know, my son, with what little understanding the world is ruled?"Pope Julius III
    Want to add your own mercenaries? Read my Tutorial

Default Re: Real Combat / Real Recruitment Compilation Mod BETA - October 3 Release

Probably not but I couldn't be sure, because some trait and ancilliary stuff was altered.

Seether's Avatar RoTK Workhorse

I noticed the issue I pointed out here still persists and contacted Byg, since I'm unclear on those specific traits/triggers, to see if he can get that corrected for a future RR/RC update. Although I have to give props to Byg for fixing all of the errors in the vnvs and ancillaries that he did! +rep

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

I'd recommend starting a new campaign with the v3 files and the hotfix.

That way we can sure the game you're playing is the same as everyone else.
    Makes sorting out bugs a lot easier.

(earlier save games may work but if traits have changes then that alone can cause all sorts of issues.)

Remember this is a beta release.
    It's been released to be played and tested and for people to report back issues.
    Expect further hotfixes as these are found and dealt with.

Btw, i figured out why the model for Polish Pavise Spear Miltia is warped, its using a skin that doesn't match the model. The heads and boots are differently scaled than what they should be.

Bedioun Camel riders need to be adjusted. Their sitting on the camels head instead of the saddle.

finally this mod works for me, i have to say it looks great

i think the new music is fantastic. i started my new England campaign with king Arthur music, just wow!

great job PB

Ok could somebody give me the file: mod\Stainless_Steel_6\Data\ui\units\mongols\#mon_habutu_cav.tga. For some reason its missing in my folder and I can't install the mod because of that Plz somebody help a SS brother out XD !

Im undecided on the music myself, kudos for getting the original MTW music back in though. The music with actual lyrics I find a bit intrusive, like some sort of pop music that doesnt let me change radio station. Maybe im just being boring? Come to think of it I played Rome back in the day and some of their music had sporadic singing, but it was slightly more ambient. Im rambling now. Ill stop.

EDIT: anyone point me to the folder containing all the new music? I would have thought it would be StainlessSteel/data/sounds/music but it only has the original music there. Was wanting to have a listen to each new piece individually, give them all a fair trial.
    Last edited by bigrobbo9; October 03, 2009 at 07:51 PM.

I dont know if anyone encountered this,
    on Vista the installer fails every time because it says that one of the files in the animation folder (the cas file) cant be installed since its name is too long. It gives the error every time. I mean the name of the file is something like:

MTW2_Pike_advance_stopped_modified_concat_MTW2_Pike_intermediate_brace_step_back_modified_concat_MTW2_Pike_advance_stopped_modified_SLERP_17_31.cas
    or something like this:
    MTW2_Pike_advance_stopped_modified_concat_MTW2_Pike_intermediate_brace_step_forward_modified_concat_MTW2_Pike_advance_stopped_modified_modified.cas

i had to unpack the installer to differ directory, then copy paste it in the medieval folder, even then it would not let me copy that file, so i had to skip it.
    Anyone else experiences this problem?

YES!!!!!!!!

paused at frontend.wav for 3 minutes when I nearly canceled and reinstalled but then it suddenly jumped back!

looking forward to trying it out
    A HUGE fan of the Stainless Steel mod for m2 kingdoms. Thank you to all the modders!

Thanks for your hard work, PB. Also, does this run on top of patch version 1.04? Or has it made the jump to 1.05?
    Last edited by Dagmar; October 03, 2009 at 08:15 PM.

after a few custom battle map starts I have to say that the details on some of the tunics and shields are breath taking! Eventually, I'm going to have to ask someone how to remove the dust and snow from the crimson tide mod because it does these units a terrible injustice!!

However, I had noticed that in the early era custom battles Eastern Euro and Greek factions (namely, poland,Lithuania,Mongols,Cumans,The Roman Empire,Novgorod,Kiev,The Timurids and Hungary) don't have access to ballistas or catapults. Nothing major, IMO, these armies can still use them in the campaign but I felt it should be reported.

I'm also curious as to where the new music/MTW music is placed...any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    They are new uploads. Just put the 3 other files in the same folder as the .exe and run it, the exe uses them as data to do the installation.
    Thank you, that was what I thought the problem was but I wasn't sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by ♔IPA35♔ View Post
    Drugs are not very popular AFAIK.

Guys, I need help with this.
    I just reinstalled ss6.1, the new rc compilation (do1,do2,do3,and the exe), and the hotfix.
    It still ctds on startup and I cannot find the kingdoms_TRY_THIS_IF_IT...etc files.
    Where are they located, or did I do something wrong?
    Thanks in advance
    A HUGE fan of the Stainless Steel mod for m2 kingdoms. Thank you to all the modders!

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

TheKnightRoberts

the alternative kingdoms .exes are in the main M2TW folder

-----------------------------
    PB has mentioned this earlier in the thread but it needs pasting on the OP in big letters:
    make sure you have all the download files in the same folder before trying to install.

(posted this to clarify problem in case anyone else has it.)

Have discovered cause (I think) of the music.dat / frontend.wav file problem.
    Part of it is in the .exe file and part in one of the other files.

I use the Free download manager which does a good job, but I discovered (eventually) that it sticks the .D0x files in the Downloads folder,
    and the .exe (and hotfix) in the Software sub-folder.

Unless you put all five files in the same folder the .exe won't be able to install properly as it expects the .D0x files to be in the same folder.

Install working fine now.

--

Hmm no stainless steel.batch file and I've lost the SS icon.
    best way to launch this compilation?
    Last edited by Gorrrrrn; October 03, 2009 at 09:56 PM. Reason: more info

Rozanov, I really appreciate your help. the 3rd exe worked for me!
    The new loading screens are amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Toltecalt View Post
    Ok could somebody give me the file: mod\Stainless_Steel_6\Data\ui\units\mongols\#mon_habutu_cav.tga. For some reason its missing in my folder and I can't install the mod because of that Plz somebody help a SS brother out XD !
    Erm tell me if this works/doesn't work

Attachment 57346

Quote Originally Posted by Rozanov View Post
    Hmm no stainless steel.batch file and I've lost the SS icon. best way to launch this compilation?
    I can post them both up if you want