Page 179 of 179 FirstFirst ... 79129154169170171172173174175176177178179
Results 3,561 to 3,580 of 3580

Thread: Real Combat / Real Recruitment Compilation Mod - 2009 Version - HOTFIX OCT 30

Default FINAL SS RR/RC COMPILATION ***AUGUST 13***

Hi all,

i have installed Stainless Steel 6.2 and Real Recruitment+Real Combat Compilation Mod for STAINLESS STEEL, APRIL+ the last one patch realised in June.
    Can i download and just install Stainless Steel 6.3 over all it?!
    I am waiting for the answer...thank you

Caesar Clivus's Avatar SS Forum Moderator

Default Re: $$$$Real Combat / Real Recruitment Compilation Mod BETA - NEW EASY INSTALL FILES + HOTFIX OCT 30$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Pancho_Villa View Post
    Hi all,

i have installed Stainless Steel 6.2 and Real Recruitment+Real Combat Compilation Mod for STAINLESS STEEL, APRIL+ the last one patch realised in June.
    Can i download and just install Stainless Steel 6.3 over all it?!
    I am waiting for the answer...thank you
    Do not ask the same question twice in different threads. Once is enough and you already have an answer in the other one.

BftB2 UPDATED 22nd DECEMBER. Member of the Complete Byzantine Unit Roster team

Default Re: $$$$Real Combat / Real Recruitment Compilation Mod BETA - NEW EASY INSTALL FILES + HOTFIX OCT 30$$$$

Simply ... NO
    You can drop humans anywhere and they'll thrive-only the rat does as well.Jeannette Desor

Man in Black: [as he is unsuccessfully fighting Fezzik] Look, are you just fiddling around with me or what?
    Fezzik: I just want you to feel you're doing well. I hate for people to die embarrassed.

Default Re: Real Combat / Real Recruitment Compilation Mod - 2009 Version - HOTFIX OCT 30

Ive searched around the forum for answer but didnt find anything so i ask here.

When do the different late era units begin to appear? or any new units at all other than the roster I start out a early era campaign with? (e.g. it is turn 50 in a campaign and still the best I can get is light men-at-arms and armoured seargents.)

thanks.

Default Re: Real Combat / Real Recruitment Compilation Mod - 2009 Version - HOTFIX OCT 30

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire88 View Post

When do the different late era units begin to appear? or any new units at all other than the roster I start out a early era campaign with? (e.g. it is turn 50 in a campaign and still the best I can get is light men-at-arms and armoured seargents.)

thanks.
    It depends on what you consider "Late Era". The Heavy Mail event takes place in the early 13th century (1200-1215 or turns 100-115). Men at arms don't show up until 1300 (turn 200). So, depending on what faction you're playing, you probably have a way to go.

PSSSSTTT...........................
    Check out my site in my sig. It's not complete, but I have alot of info on units, factions and events.

thanks!

Ive been looking for a site like this! +rep

thanks.
    You may want to try out the Late Era campaign. A main reason I onlyplay it is because I hate the low availability of units and constant militia wars from 1100 to 1200. The Late Era Campaign starts at 1220 and nearly all factions have a decent roster available to them, if not an excellent one. After 80 turns you see the pike/shot/halberd reformations start to occur which is a major change in gameplay and army composition, offering a refreshing new angle on your existing empire.
    Wealth beyond measure, Outlander.

Well yes but it feels nice and more realistic when after many battles with spears new "technology" becomes available and makes every new unit count.

but I dont wanna wait so long that by the time any new units appears I already control the continent Im on.

Personally I much prefer the Late Era...

I dont wanna wait so long that by the time any new units appears I already control the continent Im on.
    This is another huge argument in favor of the Late Era Campaign. Even with Late Era Campaigns by turn 80-100 when I'm finally cranking out new types of units I already have a treasury standing between 200000 to 400000 florins with 50k coming in each turn, I've conquered roughly 40 territories and many of the European factions have been seriously diminished or wiped out in the wake of 2 or 3 remaining superpowers. It can be hard to re-live the Hundred Years War when by 1325 France has been overrun by Genoa/Aragon/Leon. It's also hard to re-live the Ottoman invasion of Roman territories when Hungary already owns them all. Despite my own efforts at turtling I often see my fun historical battles disappearing as other factions steamroll the few factions I did want to go to war with. This is often times a fun angle to play from, but also disappointing in regards to historical conflicts not presenting themselves.

Hence, Late Era Campaign to encourage the likelihood of encountering more factions with more diverse armies rather than 100 years of spear wars followed by a boredom due to continental domination of Europe.

Maybe the early campaign could be adjusted a bit by pushing its starting date a few dozen turns into the future so one doesn't need to wait so long for "stuff to happen".

Still would be nice to have a 1400 campaign, or around there.

Quote Originally Posted by Point Blank View Post
    Still would be nice to have a 1400 campaign, or around there.
    Oh I remember fondly the days of the 1370 Campaign!

Any plans to update this for SS 6.3 or even 6.4?
    You fear the Unibrow. That shows RESPECT.

Quote Originally Posted by smitty View Post
    Oh I remember fondly the days of the 1370 Campaign!
    Well Tears of Destiny is making steady progress on his 1370 submod. It likely won't be available for months but it appears likely to be good quality release with some new factions/rosters/new map, etc.

Pope Gregorius I's Avatar Ducenarius

ok so if i am not mistaken, this is the version currently in SS6.3(6.4) (according to the post in the SS forum on 6.3). that is the case correct?
    "Have mercy on me, O God, according to Thy great compassion. Your delight is not in horses, nor Your pleasure in warriors strength..."

Quote Originally Posted by Pope Gregorius I View Post
    ok so if i am not mistaken, this is the version currently in SS6.3(6.4) (according to the post in the SS forum on 6.3). that is the case correct?
    I think this is for 6.2 currently. And Master PB and others are in process of working upto a 6.4 mod. However,I would not be surprised if the next RR/RC comes in the form of RR/RC7.0 as this would give the mod its own glory(and so it should),and not get tagged with the same questions. "Is it for 6.blaa and when will it be updated to 6.blaa blaa" Great respect Master PB

No, this version is for 6.1. It includes 6.2.

6.3 has an older version of RR/RC (one of the reasons why I don't play 6.3 or 6.4).

Hellol, I've been playing Stainless Steel 6.4 and was wondering how the retraining of units works?

Then ask in the SS 6.4 forum.