Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Global cost editor

Senator

Default Re: Global cost editor

Thanks so much for making this great tool. I can't get it to work though. I downloaded the 3.0 version from the opening post (which says its the latest version). No matter what folder i put it in it says it can't find any EDU file and creates a new blank one on the desktop. Also when i multiply unit costs by 0.5 (to halve them) it tells me its increased them by 0.5 (i.e multiplied them by 1.5). I'm on Windows 7.

Is it possible you've uploaded one of the earlier versions by mistake?
    Last edited by Dunadd; May 26, 2013 at 11:49 AM.

Hello there,

About the message, don't worry. It's a bit of a dumb message which assumes you increased a value rather than looking if it increased or decreased. if you multiply with 0.5 it should reduce all costs by half as you would expect.

About the file path though, can you perhaps show me a screen of where exactly you put the file? Did you also try it on vanilla RTW to make sure it works?

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Pat89 View Post
    Hello there,

About the message, don't worry. It's a bit of a dumb message which assumes you increased a value rather than looking if it increased or decreased. if you multiply with 0.5 it should reduce all costs by half as you would expect.

About the file path though, can you perhaps show me a screen of where exactly you put the file? Did you also try it on vanilla RTW to make sure it works?
    It turns out i had somehow got the idea that it was meant to go in the data folder. When i put it in the main Rome Total War folder or the mod folder it works fine. Sorry for the mistake and thanks very much for the reply. Also thanks again for making it - much appreciated! Have voted you rep for your reply. Would do it for all your posts in this thread but it says i have to "spread some around" to other posters before i can.
    Last edited by Dunadd; June 01, 2013 at 05:07 PM.

Senator

I works perfectly for export_descr_unit file, but when you try putting in 0.5 to multiply the costs of buildings by that in the edb file it changes them all to zero

Senator

Can anyone tell me how to get it to work for the edb file please? It just changes all costs to zero no matter what multiplier you put in.

EDIT - it works if you untick all the unit options first
    Last edited by Dunadd; December 01, 2013 at 01:26 PM.

Unticking the options doesn't seem to have any effect. It is registering every building cost as 0 before even running the script, because taking away -5 from the buildings still returns "some of the buildings are below zero", even though no buildings cost 4 or less. And adding 5 instead will make everything cost 5.

Anybody have any ideas?

This program is freaking awesome. I'm converting from a 1TY to a 4TY mod, and so was looking for a way to rapidly 1/4 the upkeep cost since they're distributed across seasons. Since there's 447 units, and no good way to do it, I was going to do it by hand. Wow...this is genuinely HELPFUL!

Chicxulub's Avatar Laetus

Thank you for this tool.

+ rep

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123