Thread: Horse artillery

Default Horse artillery

Used them in a normal conjunction battle order and they just did not do enough damage i don't know but it felt like they shot into the ground time to time (i saw a post of this so i might be partial )
    They also died extremely easy and right now i feel like i have to scrap them and switch the artillery with cavalry or more heavy guns (which was extremely lethal in a really really great way, love the artillery fights now )

-- U -- U -- U -- U --

- = infantry

U = artillery

boche's Avatar Ordinarius
    mi querida España, Islas canarias/ My beloved Spain, canary islands

Default Re: Horse artillery

Quote Originally Posted by userstupidname View Post
    Used them in a normal conjunction battle order and they just did not do enough damage i don't know but it felt like they shot into the ground time to time (i saw a post of this so i might be partial )
    They also died extremely easy and right now i feel like i have to scrap them and switch the artillery with cavalry or more heavy guns (which was extremely lethal in a really really great way, love the artillery fights now )

-- U -- U -- U -- U --

- = infantry

U = artillery

well if you put your horse arty in the front line it isnt gona do much damage, since its only a 6 pounder. plus i refrain from putting most of my arty frontline cos it gets shot at/charged at and causes unnecesary deaths. try putting them on an elevated position, say are hill or a high part of ground . they are more protected and still cause the damage.

alpaca's Avatar Harbinger of saliva

Horse artillery should be used to go around the flanks and sneak in some canister shot damage to cause routs. It's not meant to replace foot artillery for normal tasks.

No thing is everything. Every thing is nothing.

hmm? horse artillery should be well able to support the infantry - of course i cannot say over what this mod goes for direction

But however the main problem is that the canister shots didn't do really any damage, even if they are 6pounders they should do substantial damage with canister shoot at that range (20-100)
    that the enemy was in.

24-lber horse guard artillery gets the job done! I'm not sure, but I think these are only available in the AUM mod though.

Ye i am mostly suprised as this tactic worked wonderous in vanilla and darthmod, i just think its weird that they don't have so much fire power :S

i am going to test some more later on.

Btw, how can i remove the tracers on the bullets? look so extremely silly after all those hours with darth mod xD
    Last edited by userstupidname; October 03, 2009 at 08:50 AM.

l33tl4m3r's Avatar A Frakkin' Toaster

Quote Originally Posted by userstupidname View Post
    Ye i am mostly suprised as this tactic worked wonderous in vanilla and darthmod, i just think its weird that they don't have so much fire power :S

i am going to test some more later on.

Btw, how can i remove the tracers on the bullets? look so extremely silly after all those hours with darth mod xD
    You think tracers look silly here you should load up vanilla -- the projectiletrail.fx in the ModCore controls the tracers.

No changes have been made to the damage on any artillery so far; so the lack of firepower/damage from canister is perceived and not actual, or a product of canister being over-powered in Darthmod, if that is the mod you are comparing. 6lb horse artillery is the fastest firing artillery in the game with APE: TI as well as not having had any adjustments to damage -- there have been absolutely NO changes made to canister for ANY unit.
    Last edited by l33tl4m3r; October 03, 2009 at 05:52 PM.
    [House of Caesars|Under the Patronage of Carl von Döbeln]

Remember... Don't aim at the troops, aim at the ground around the troops... 50x the carnage and kills.

Deciphering The Zodiac - Check It Out!

boche's Avatar Ordinarius
    mi querida España, Islas canarias/ My beloved Spain, canary islands

Quote Originally Posted by Tan Zhi Han View Post
    Remember... Don't aim at the troops, aim at the ground around the troops... 50x the carnage and kills.
    true