Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 72223242526272829303132

Thread: Progress Thread - Eriador Re-Development

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: Progress Thread - Eriador Re-Development

Quote Originally Posted by Raiven View Post
    Well mybe he want's to show us his job when it is done, similarly as in case of Dale
    Ahh, like being raped by someone attractive, it's going to be a pleasant surprise.

That Dunedain Ranger picture looks awesome.

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by TheXand View Post
    If King Kong is now doing the Eriador rework then how come he has not started his own Eriador preview thread to keep us updated?
    Kk is a busy man, he doesn't only rework Eriador, may be there simply ISN'T something new to preview yet
    And a preview of some reworked Eriador units will make the people constantly asking for the release and so on, while the next patch will still take a very long time, as it shell contain really lots of things (Eriador/Arnor/Fellowship Campaign and may be even more features like ootmm if D_A will be ready with them...)
    lots of unsure things and also still far away...
    Last edited by MasterBigAb; February 26, 2010 at 04:32 AM.

IrishBlood's Avatar GIVE THEM BLIZZARDS!

Ahh, like being raped by someone attractive, it's going to be a pleasant surprise.

That Dunedain Ranger picture looks awesome.

xD

Content Emeritus

Ok, let's first define this someone as femal...

Domesticus

Phase two is the creation and implementation of a Arnor faction which replaced the existing Eriador faction after the player meets several scripted goals.
    This is interesting. I might chime in with a few suggestions: I think that this "national recovery" objective should include, not just the typical total-warish conquer region A. and B., destroy factions A. and B., etc, but also domestic objectives, if possible. You'd need to have a certain level of military infrastructure, a certain number of large and well-developed cities, and perhaps you'd need to construct special buildings: i.e. to restore the wonders of Arnor, before your Eriador faction could claim to be the Kingdom of Arnor.

Quote Originally Posted by Princeps View Post
    This is interesting. I might chime in with a few suggestions: I think that this "national recovery" objective should include, not just the typical total-warish conquer region A. and B., destroy factions A. and B., etc, but also domestic objectives, if possible. You'd need to have a certain level of military infrastructure, a certain number of large and well-developed cities, and perhaps you'd need to construct special buildings: i.e. to restore the wonders of Arnor, before your Eriador faction could claim to be the Kingdom of Arnor.
    This is great stuff! It does make a lot of sense that Eriador as a loose coallition of cities and villages has to undergo a certain domestic development to become a fully functioning kingdom. Nice!

And maybe because he's going to use the units DG managed to finish and there's no need for a new thread.

Plumo's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    And maybe because he's going to use the units DG managed to finish and there's no need for a new thread.
    No! I want more threads ! More!

Artetius's Avatar Tiro

I just want it released to be honest. I know patience is suppose to be a must for modification developments since it's a volunteers' job but, alas... Eriador is in a prime spot for expansion in my honest opinion but, lacks the troops to make it truly fun to play as. Putting aside from Lore, I enjoy Eriador.

"The need for sleep is a flaw in your nature. Only inefficient creatures need to be unconscious half their lives."

Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Artetius View Post
    I just want it released to be honest. I know patience is suppose to be a must for modification developments since it's a volunteers' job but, alas... Eriador is in a prime spot for expansion in my honest opinion but, lacks the troops to make it truly fun to play as. Putting aside from Lore, I enjoy Eriador.
    Sry to tell you but you will still have to wait a while (remember that another faction arnor also has to be finished first...)

Well Eriador and Dale were always the factions I most wanted to play. So I am looking forward to Eriador being expanded upon and redone.

If the new Eriador is half as good as Dale was, its going to be amazing.

u get to re-do arnor... whats more freaking amazing in this mod than that? xD

Mr. Tornado's Avatar Semisalis

So let me get this straight :

You get bad units until you achieve certain goals, then you become Arnor and prepare to beat OOTMM's arse?

AWESOME.

Are you going to be able to Arnor units (Not just militia) in not "Proper" eriador cities after you turn into Arnor, or are you still stuck with militia?

It's going to be fun going into a hotseat, turning into Arnor, and renaming your faction

You should have it so Arnor gets a few new stacks when they come back; or perhaps have an option so that in single player you gain control of Gondor's land, or maybe you box that only appears if certain conditions are met "I.E W osgillith taken by mordor and if Gondor is still alive'' asking you if you want to go help gondor.
    Last edited by Mr. Tornado; March 10, 2010 at 09:57 PM.

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

KK, can you bring happiness once again to this sleeping community and give some new info about the progress of redoing Eriador?

would be great!

patience is a virtue

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008

el Cid's Avatar Campidoctor

The King has spoken!

.. and posted:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=343032

I guess discussions can be continued there.

Thread closed.

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008