Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Speech Crafters of Middle-Earth

Yarrum's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Speech Crafters of Middle-Earth

Ah, I would love to see those orc speeches in-game. They're really fitting.

Yes, very good speeches. Very orcish. However, I would suggest that we avoid using any potentially offensive language. First off, throwing around swear words is not nearly as fun or creative as creating cleaver phrases and insults. Second off, Tolkien was big on the clean language, just so everyone could enjoy his stuff. I think that we should avoid using terms like ass, bastard, and other some such words, just because they may interfere with the overall play of the game. I mean, it would suck for this mod idea to fail utterly just because we put in a bunch of unnecessary carp. (Yes, I did mean to type carp)

well technically "ass" nor "bastard" where swear words in the medieval/nordic period. which is what middle earth is based on. Filthy dog, or swine was closer to being swear words.

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

Icon10 Re: Speech Crafters of Middle-Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Daradain View Post
    Yes, very good speeches. Very orcish. However, I would suggest that we avoid using any potentially offensive language. First off, throwing around swear words is not nearly as fun or creative as creating cleaver phrases and insults. Second off, Tolkien was big on the clean language, just so everyone could enjoy his stuff. I think that we should avoid using terms like ass, bastard, and other some such words, just because they may interfere with the overall play of the game. I mean, it would suck for this mod idea to fail utterly just because we put in a bunch of unnecessary carp. (Yes, I did mean to type carp)
    Do you think you could send me a voice recording of this Orc speech Daranian:

And I say to you - the age of men is over! The age of dwarves is over! The age of elves - OVER! There is no age left for ANY of them... no life... no mercy! The age of the ORC has begun!

Just to see what your voice is like and quality of the Mic.

Evan

Inarus's Avatar In Laziness We Trust

I've had an idea, why not do the elvish speeches in Elvish, IT WOULD BE EPIC!!

Hard for the voice actor but if written phonetically he should have no trouble.
    Last edited by Inarus; October 03, 2009 at 04:26 AM.

Eöl's Avatar Divide and Conquer
    Artifex

Greetings Daradain and Evan Frayling!

We, from the Divide and Conquer faction mod, are impressed by your idea's for new speeches. We would really love it, if you would form an alliance with us. We can offer you a subforum with your own threads where you can invite the people you want to participate in your mod. We will give you guys your own rank and I will give you moderator status for this subforum.
    We would also like it very much, if you can make not only Tatw vanille faction speeches but also for our factions as well. Including for example: Dunland, Dol Amroth, Variags of Khand and ENTS!

This is the site: http://dacmod.forumotion.com/forum.htm If you are an guest you can only see one thread I believe, but I will give you of course, if you join, permission to post in a lot of threads. So what do you say? We from DaC, can't wait to welcome you.

The DAC team

Quote Originally Posted by Inarus View Post
    I've had an idea, why not do the elvish speeches in Elvish, IT WOULD BE EPIC!!

Hard for the voice actor but if written phonetically he should have no trouble.
    I can help with this. I know how to say everything in Elvish

Under the patronage of Pøntifex Maximus

Evan Frayling and Daradain, your speech project sounds exciting. Good luck in your work and progress. +rep

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Frayling View Post
    They're going to have so many swords up their asses, there isn't gonna be enough room for the ones we're gonna stick in their dicks!
    errr...just no!

'Asses' is an americanism anyway, they'd say 'arses'.

Blackomur89's Avatar Campidoctor

This is great I really hope it's a success.
    Some speeches:

Orc:

1. Look at those elf weaklings! Their power is fading in this world! They all flee against the tide of ORC, to their west lands! Well don't give them that chance! Stick a sword in their bellies! Rip them to shreds! But remember THE EARS ARE MINE! NOW LETS DO SOME KILLIN!!!

2. HA, DWARVES! The only thing we have to fear is that our weapons will miss their heads! Now what do you say?! LETS GET US SOME BEARD BOYS!!!

3. Look at those pitiful humans! They are a weak shadow of their selves! Don't kill all of them, we'll have fun whit the prisoners. It's been to long since I pulled me out some nails!!! Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!

4. THEY HAVE HAFLINGS IN THEIR MIDS!!! NO! Don't kill them. Their meat is tender and succulent, capture as much of them as you can. WE'RE HAVING A FEAST TONIGHT!!!

If you like them I could do some for the rest races.
    2D artist for Call of Warhammer TW; 2D artist for Westeros TW; 2D artist and researcher for The Ruins of Arnor TATW sub-mod; 2D artist for Warcraft TW.

Here is some stuff I wrote for a speech making contest for Lord of the Rings Total War.

Feel free to use them and if you like them I can do some more, maybe.

Isengard

We are the Uruk-hai: we do not stop for night or day, we come to kill by sun or moon.

We are the Fighting Uruk hai! We know no fear, Death to the filthy white skins!

The swine will fall before the army of the White Hand.

Those filthy horse-boys tremble before us. We will feast on horse flesh tonight, or something better!

We know that stinking elves lurk in these parts. The White Hand orders their death, we will kill them all and burn their forests, Onwards Uruks!

I’ve never lost a battle to this filth and I don’t intend to start now. Slay them all.

Mordor

Listen up you Maggots! We fight for the Great Eye, no one can stand before us.

Lugburz commands you to fight you filth, face the enemy or face the whip.

Quiet down your racket you worms and listen up! Today we get to stick them filthy Eldar. We will feast on their flesh!

Those stupid tarks, tremble in terror under the Great Eye, let’s stick `em good lads.

They think they can fight the Great Eye. Lets show these maggots the meaning of fear. Show them no mercy!

Those muck-raking scum will regret the day they formed ranks again us. Onwards you filth, kill them all!

Easterlings

Though we are a diverse people, we are united in our hatred of the foul peoples of the West.

This day belongs to us, forth men of Rhun, we will slay them all!

This day will belong to us my brothers. Soon we will have our revenge on the craven cowards of the west.

The west will burn! Let none survive!

The west is weak, we will drive them before us like the cowards they are.

No man can defeat me in battle. they will learn that when I take to the field, there can only be one outcome.

Haradrim

We come to make war on the enemies of the King of Kings. They will fall before our mighty host!

No one can stand up to the might of the Haradrim. Soon the West will kneel before us.

Death to the enemy, Death to the West.

Orcs of the Misty Mountains

There will be some easy pickings today lads. Those filth cannot stand before us.

Lets get this over quick before they leg it. Onwards you maggots.

Let the filth come, they will learn to fear my blade.

We will drive them from their lands. Get moving you scum, kill them all!

Dunlendings

The White Wizard has promised us great rewards for our aid. Today we will drive the usurpers from our lands.

Death to the Forgoil! Death to the Strawheads! Death to the robbers of the North! We will take back our lands!

New enemies threaten our lands, we must drive them away.

KozCDVI's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Poosticks7 View Post
    Here is some stuff I wrote for a speech making contest for Lord of the Rings Total War.

Feel free to use them and if you like them I can do some more, maybe.

Isengard

We are the Uruk-hai: we do not stop for night or day, we come to kill by sun or moon.

We are the Fighting Uruk hai! We know no fear, Death to the filthy white skins!

The swine will fall before the army of the White Hand.

Those filthy horse-boys tremble before us. We will feast on horse flesh tonight, or something better!

We know that stinking elves lurk in these parts. The White Hand orders their death, we will kill them all and burn their forests, Onwards Uruks!

I’ve never lost a battle to this filth and I don’t intend to start now. Slay them all.

Mordor

Listen up you Maggots! We fight for the Great Eye, no one can stand before us.

Lugburz commands you to fight you filth, face the enemy or face the whip.

Quiet down your racket you worms and listen up! Today we get to stick them filthy Eldar. We will feast on their flesh!

Those stupid tarks, tremble in terror under the Great Eye, let’s stick `em good lads.

They think they can fight the Great Eye. Lets show these maggots the meaning of fear. Show them no mercy!

Those muck-raking scum will regret the day they formed ranks again us. Onwards you filth, kill them all!

Easterlings

Though we are a diverse people, we are united in our hatred of the foul peoples of the West.

This day belongs to us, forth men of Rhun, we will slay them all!

This day will belong to us my brothers. Soon we will have our revenge on the craven cowards of the west.

The west will burn! Let none survive!

The west is weak, we will drive them before us like the cowards they are.

No man can defeat me in battle. they will learn that when I take to the field, there can only be one outcome.

Haradrim

We come to make war on the enemies of the King of Kings. They will fall before our mighty host!

No one can stand up to the might of the Haradrim. Soon the West will kneel before us.

Death to the enemy, Death to the West.

Orcs of the Misty Mountains

There will be some easy pickings today lads. Those filth cannot stand before us.

Lets get this over quick before they leg it. Onwards you maggots.

Let the filth come, they will learn to fear my blade.

We will drive them from their lands. Get moving you scum, kill them all!

Dunlendings

The White Wizard has promised us great rewards for our aid. Today we will drive the usurpers from our lands.

Death to the Forgoil! Death to the Strawheads! Death to the robbers of the North! We will take back our lands!

New enemies threaten our lands, we must drive them away.

Most of them sound great, but I think one or two of the Isengard ones inparticular sound a little too cheesey...
    I guess I shouldn't be complaining, I don't play as them anyway

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

Wow my lucky break! Moderator status, sounds exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Frayling View Post
    Do you think you could send me a voice recording of this Orc speech Daranian:

And I say to you - the age of men is over! The age of dwarves is over! The age of elves - OVER! There is no age left for ANY of them... no life... no mercy! The age of the ORC has begun!

Just to see what your voice is like and quality of the Mic.

Evan
    Sure thing. I'll get right on it.

needs some more WE WILL EAT MAN-FLESH

In that day Tulkas shall strive with Morgoth, and on his right hand shall be Eönwë, and on his left Túrin Turambar, son of Húrin, coming from the halls of Mandos; and the black sword of Túrin shall deal unto Morgoth his death and final end; and so shall the children of Húrin and all Men be avenged.

Muffer Nl's Avatar Praefectus

Looks like meat's back on the menu boys!

Quote Originally Posted by Muffer Nl View Post
    Looks like meat's back on the menu boys!
    God I hate that line in the movie.

It always make me think of orcs sitting down for a civilized meal in a posh restaurant.

KozCDVI's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Poosticks7 View Post
    God I hate that line in the movie.

It always make me think of orcs sitting down for a civilized meal in a posh restaurant.

Its a bad line because it implies that they have the experience of restaurants, which is something I can't really imagine in Middle Earth. Sure they might have menus in the Green Dragon or the Prancing Pony etc... but its not the point

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

Isengard had a menu. Mostly maggoty bread, leftover prisoners, and boiled tree bark, but it's a menu!

In that day Tulkas shall strive with Morgoth, and on his right hand shall be Eönwë, and on his left Túrin Turambar, son of Húrin, coming from the halls of Mandos; and the black sword of Túrin shall deal unto Morgoth his death and final end; and so shall the children of Húrin and all Men be avenged.

Yeah, that that is more of an Uruk thing to say anyway. Kind of like "We are the fighting Uruk-Hai!" Not something to go into an orc speech, but should be all over the place in an Uruk-Hai general's speech.

Also, real quick question Evan, how should I send the speech recording? Is e-mail ok or do you prefer an alternate address / method?
    Last edited by Daradain; October 05, 2009 at 03:28 PM.

@Evan

Well, I hope this thread is a bit more seriously meant than some of your previous ones.
    I really hope that you will make some progress with this, several others already announced to make a speech/voices mod but no one ever produced something. Good luck.

Besides, why don't you begin with something smaller, more realistic than speeches? For example new unit voices (voices when you click the unit) for elves, Gondor or Rohan?

If someone may be interested in doing elven voices, here would something to record:

High Elven Units:
    "Úmanyar dîrâth go peng'a'phelenn" [Úmanyar Pengion] (Úmanyar nérili as quinga'ar'pilin) - Light Elven Archer
    "Úmanyar megil'dîrâth" [Úmanyar megilion] (Úmanyar macarili or Úmanyar nérili'táli) - Elven Infatry
    "Quendi dîrâth go peng'a'phelenn" [Quendi Pengion] (Quendi nérili as quinga'ar'pilin) - Elven Archers
    "Eldar ehtyarili" - Eldar Spearmen
    "Eldar macarili" - Eldar Swordsmen
    "Eldar nérili as quinga'ar'pilin" - Eldar Archers
    "Eldar roccarili'ar'ehtor'" or "Eldar roquenili" - Eldar Lancers
    "Mithlond ohtatyárillon" - Mithlond Warriors
    "Noldor'arquenili" [Quendi'arquenili] - Elven Nobles
    "Ech'hedil Gand" - Ballista
    "Gond'hedil Gand" - Catapult

Silvan Elves:
    "Ech ohter" or "Ech dîrâth" or [Echion] - Silvan Spearmen
    "Quendi dîrâth go peng'a'phelenn" [Quendi Pengion] - Light Elven Archers
    "Eryn tirthin" - Forest Wardens
    "Long ech dîrâth" [Long echion] - Silvan Heavy Spearmen
    "Eryndór than tirthin" - Woodland Sentinels
    "Long megil'dîrâth" [Long megilion] - Silvan Heavy Swords
    "Rochbin go peng'a'phelenn" [Rochbin Pengion] - Silvan Horsearchers
    "Long dîrâth go peng'a'phelenn" [Long Pengion] - Silvan Heavy Archers
    "Sindar dîrâth go peng'a'phelenn" [Sindar Pengion] - Sindar Archers
    "Ech'hedil Gand" - Ballista
    "Gond'hedil Gand" - Catapult
    Last edited by King Kong; October 05, 2009 at 04:25 PM.

Winner of 'Favorite M2TW Mod' and 'Favorite M2TW Modder' Award 2007 & 2008