Thread: Rome: Total War patch v1.3

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Icon1 Rome: Total War patch v1.3

Not too long ago I installed Rome Total War Gold Edition on my laptop which has Vista as the OS.

I've downloaded and extracted the v1.3 patch when I run and try to apply the patch, it cannot find the game files. They're under Creative Assembly, do I have to move them?

I think I had an issue like this with my desktop computer when installing Rome: Total Realism and I was told to move the game files to a different folder. Would this be the same case?

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Default Re: Rome: Total War patch v1.3

If you have Rome Total War Gold there should be no need to install the 1.3 patch. I would expect the game to already be at version 1.5.

The version number is shown in-game on the top right hand side of the options menu.

Where did you install the game to and where did you move it? As you are using Vista what have you done with UAC?

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

No clue what UAC is.

If I don't need the patch, then, I still can't install RTR since it can't find the game files.

Just checked, and, under program files it's all in "The Creative Assembly" if that helps any. I think that's where it was installed.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by GaoriThePwn View Post
    No clue what UAC is.

If I don't need the patch, then, I still can't install RTR since it can't find the game files.

Just checked, and, under program files it's all in "The Creative Assembly" if that helps any. I think that's where it was installed.
    To find out more about Vista and how to set it up to play games read the first and last links in the first post in the following thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=167821

Please supply the full path of the game rather than just a partial one. For instance:

c:\program files (x86)\The Creative Assembly\

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here