Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: [SS/SV AAR] Heaven's Descent, Cyprus Reborn: A Crusader AAR (Updated 7/13)

Scottish King's Avatar Campidoctor
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: [SS/SV AAR] Heaven's Descent, Cyprus Reborn: A Crusader AAR (Updated 3/30)

The plot always thickens! Great writing and I cant wait for the next installment! + rep
    The White Horse: Hanover AAR (On going ETW AAR)
    Tales of Acamar: Legends WS Yearly Award Best Plot Winner (On-going CW Piece)
    The Song of Asnurn: An Epic Poem MCWC VI Winner (On-hold CW Piece)
    Tales of Acamar: Outbreak (Finished)
    To Conquer the World for Islam A Moor AAR (Finished)

Default Re: [SS/SV AAR] Heaven's Descent, Cyprus Reborn: A Crusader AAR (Updated 3/30)

Last edited by Thokran; August 26, 2013 at 07:46 PM.

Default Re: [SS/SV AAR] Heaven's Descent, Cyprus Reborn: A Crusader AAR (Updated 4/11)

Last edited by Thokran; August 26, 2013 at 07:47 PM.

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator

Default Re: [SS/SV AAR] Heaven's Descent, Cyprus Reborn: A Crusader AAR (Updated 4/11)

Cool chapter as always.

Now Nicole and Marie are going to forge an alliance ? Maybe intrigue against Richard ?

Also congratulations for your place in the MAARC !

Scottish King's Avatar Campidoctor
    Content Emeritus

They've finally made it to someplace where they can find relief. Interesting to see if Nicole will continue dwelling on the father of the new child. If she finds out for sure there maybe devastating consequences. Great update!
    The White Horse: Hanover AAR (On going ETW AAR)
    Tales of Acamar: Legends WS Yearly Award Best Plot Winner (On-going CW Piece)
    The Song of Asnurn: An Epic Poem MCWC VI Winner (On-hold CW Piece)
    Tales of Acamar: Outbreak (Finished)
    To Conquer the World for Islam A Moor AAR (Finished)

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

I have to say Thokran, great AAR I even think it might be better than Letters Of An Aragonese Knight Accounts From Aragon: A Mediterranean AAR

Keep it up Looking forward to seeing what the birth of this child will mean

By the way, what font is that?
    Last edited by Shankbot de Bodemloze; April 13, 2012 at 09:34 AM.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Nice chapter - interesting to see the dynamic between Nicole and Marie. Still can't help thinking this can only be bad news for Gilbert though..
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Finally read through all of it (only from the restart though) and have to say fantastic =D

Would like to see more of the insane sadistic Byzantine princess though...

Also admirable to keep updating and have such an original campaign! Brilliant!
    ~

RESTORING ROME - CHAPTER II: TRAGEDY OF THE KOMNENOI
    bitte sehr
    SCHRÖDINGER'S CAT - A VERY SPECIAL FELINE

Nicely written chapter again!
    After all this long journey and the tension and emotions between the characters, I wonder if the oasis would calm a few things down (or maybe flare them up) - that is if the green is indeed an oasis and not a mirage...
    Belated congrats on the MAARC victory, a worthy tale indeed!

Another wonderful chapter. I see the Byzantine temptress is back by popular demand

You sir are probably the best of anyone here at writing these intimate scenes - unlike me using innuendo to dance around the matter gingerly in my own work
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Citizen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Thokran View Post
    @Shankbot: Heh, nice to see you noticed the renaming bit I've done. That's for the future, if all goes well. In the meantime, we'll have to see how the child fares in the desert. I use Garamond font btw!
    For the future... Yay!

Thanks for letting me know about the font, I'm just curious like that

Great update mate, and as robinzx has said you are very good at getting across that 'intimate' feel

And that Byzee Queen sounds like a demon

Default Re: [SS/SV AAR] Heaven's Descent, Cyprus Reborn: A Crusader AAR (Updated 4/20)

I think what the comments are trying to say is that this could well be the Kama Sutra of AARs you dirty dog

May the Roman Empire live on with the mad !

As always astounded by the originality and flair on show here, love Africa as a setting, you've really made it work
    Last edited by Schrödinger; April 21, 2012 at 05:37 PM.
    ~

RESTORING ROME - CHAPTER II: TRAGEDY OF THE KOMNENOI
    bitte sehr
    SCHRÖDINGER'S CAT - A VERY SPECIAL FELINE

Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: [SS/SV AAR] Heaven's Descent, Cyprus Reborn: A Crusader AAR (Updated 4/20)

Quote Originally Posted by Schrödinger View Post
    I think what the comments are trying to say is that this could well be the Kama Sutra of AARs you dirty dog

To put it bluntly

Artifex

Short quiz, only one question:

What do you get, in both name and content, if you combine the two tv-shows "Paradise Hotel" and "Lost"?

Very thrilling update and well written! Poor Nicole, she deserves better. She's grown into quite a noble character. Have some most well-earned +rep.

By the way (since you have played CoW), Morathi and Hellebron are meekly toads in comparison with Isabella. I'm looking forward to "The fall of Ostermark" where she assumes her proper place among her heartless people...
    Last edited by Maltacus; April 24, 2012 at 04:33 PM.
    The Misadventures of Diabolical Amazons - Completed.
    An Orcs Tale, a Third Age AAR - Completed.
    Reviewed by Alwyn in the Critics Quill
    My Dread Lady, a Warcraft Total War AAR - 27 chapters done.
    Home to Midgard, a Third Age AAR about two dwarves, a spy and a diplomat - Completed (pictures remade up to chapter 19).
    Reviewed by Boustrophedon in The Critics Quill

Last edited by Thokran; August 26, 2013 at 07:48 PM.

I always have this feeling when I read your updates that this is really a great character story with some background fighting and some very distant campaign. And I also think that you are cutting edge here in writing female protagonists and capturing those scenes.
    But all this wandering in Africa makes me think that our heroes will eventually walk into Makuria somehow...

Last edited by Thokran; August 26, 2013 at 07:48 PM.

Marvzilla's Avatar Senator