Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: [SS/SV AAR] Heaven's Descent, Cyprus Reborn: A Crusader AAR (Updated 7/13)

Indefinitely Banned

Default Re: [SS/SV AAR] Heaven's Descent, Cyprus Reborn: A Crusader AAR (Updated 4/20)

subscribed!

Default Re: [SS/SV AAR] Heaven's Descent, Cyprus Reborn: A Crusader AAR (Updated 4/20)

Last edited by Thokran; August 26, 2013 at 07:49 PM.

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: [SS/SV AAR] Heaven's Descent, Cyprus Reborn: A Crusader AAR (Updated 6/15)

Gilbert, Gilbert, Gilbert... I fear he may have gone round the bend.

Great update mate. I wonder how long they'll stay here though. The Mamluks can't be that fair behind.

A few things I noticed:
    Noone was to blame for that, as no one had expected to be out in the desert for this long in the first place.
    Should that be No_one?
    IN the distance, dark-skinned villagers plied their craft,
    In?

Sorry to point them out...

+rep and I'll look forward to the next one, and hopefully my favourite Queen will feature.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

Default Re: [SS/SV AAR] Heaven's Descent, Cyprus Reborn: A Crusader AAR (Updated 6/15)

Why do I feel like dark days are ahead despite their temporary respite..

Great chapter. Liked the conflict between Gilbert and Phillip a lot. Moar please
    The Wings of Destiny - A FotS AAR (Chapter 12 - Updated Apr 24)
    Takeda - a Shogun 2 AAR (Completed) Reviewed by Radzeer

My writing | My art | About me | Sekigahara Campaign - Developer

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Paragon's Avatar Senator

Hi!

So I'm in the process of reading your AAR (still in chapter XXII though) at first I thought it was terrible that the plot jumped 200 years just when it was getting interesting (with the jihad and all) but you managed to make a story so interesting with barely any support from the game! Specially after Isabella's introduction. I also really liked Dracul's appereance.

I post here without reading everything and doing a proper critique because I think I found three typos until now that aren't corrected. If you still mind about typos so many updates ago, I could try to find them back and point them out!

With nothing more to say (for now) I'm still reading and plan to finish it soon.

Edit: Finished it already! It's great! I bet you hold the record for amount of text out of a gameplay action/turn!

Als Gilbert is a slut, there isn't a single princess he sees that he doesn't try to bed with! Young people these days, they truly do not respect traditional values

Still, what year is it in the game? I must have mixed it, because I thought it was a really late campaign, yet Sicily is not part of he Kingdom of Aragon yet...

Also Laurence is so sadly incompetent you feel sorry for him

I hope we can read more from you soon, it's getting really interesting!
    Last edited by Paragon; July 02, 2012 at 08:08 PM.
    This is my Aragonese AAR, One Single Man

If you read and comment, there WILL be cake!

Last edited by Thokran; August 26, 2013 at 07:49 PM.

Shankbot de Bodemloze's Avatar From the Writers Study!
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Well the main thing is that the RL problems are getting sorted, and I'm sure you will enjoy Law School.

I'll look forward to these barrage of updates for sure. It's good to have you back.
    THE WRITERS' STUDY | THE TRIBUNAL | THE CURIA | GUIDE FOR NEW MEMBERS

PROUD PATRON OF JUNAIDI83, VETERAAN & CAILLAGH
    UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF MEGA TORTAS DE BODEMLOZE

THOKRAN! Good to have you back. Now how long do you need to make up for all those missed updates?

Great to see you - best of luck with everything.

~~Under the proud patronage of Radzeer, Rogue Bodemloze. Patron of Noif de Bodemloze, Heiro de Bodemloze, and Hitai de Bodemloze~~

Welcome back! So the next update comes tomorrow, did I read it right?

Last edited by Thokran; August 26, 2013 at 07:50 PM.

Paragon's Avatar Senator

So next update is yesterday, did I read that right?

Welcome back.

Laetus

Wow! This is a great story, better than any novel I've read in the last year I think! Thokran you are a great storyteller and you even got me to stop lurking(been doin that for a while). I just found your aar's this thanksgiving break and couldn't believe that you were gone for so long and just came back 2 days ago. I can't wait for your next update! You're right there with the legendary Skantarios as the best Aartists I've read. Thank you and keep up the good work

Paragon's Avatar Senator

It sure feels good to know that we'll have an update in less that 72 hours!

Scottish King's Avatar Campidoctor
    Content Emeritus

Default Re: [SS/SV AAR] Heaven's Descent, Cyprus Reborn: A Crusader AAR (Updated 12/31)

Yay! An update and a great one to make your return with. Hopefully everything works out for our group of wanderers. + rep
    The White Horse: Hanover AAR (On going ETW AAR)
    Tales of Acamar: Legends WS Yearly Award Best Plot Winner (On-going CW Piece)
    The Song of Asnurn: An Epic Poem MCWC VI Winner (On-hold CW Piece)
    Tales of Acamar: Outbreak (Finished)
    To Conquer the World for Islam A Moor AAR (Finished)

Artifex

Default Re: [SS/SV AAR] Heaven's Descent, Cyprus Reborn: A Crusader AAR (Updated 12/31)

They had certainly waited too long if even the lazy variety of amirs had time to summon the energy to lead an army against them.

Don't tell me Richard of all people is going to rise as respected leader now...ewwww...

Who is Philips retainer, the monk? Maybe you have mentioned him but in that case I forgot.
    The Misadventures of Diabolical Amazons - Completed.
    An Orcs Tale, a Third Age AAR - Completed.
    Reviewed by Alwyn in the Critics Quill
    My Dread Lady, a Warcraft Total War AAR - 27 chapters done.
    Home to Midgard, a Third Age AAR about two dwarves, a spy and a diplomat - Completed (pictures remade up to chapter 19).
    Reviewed by Boustrophedon in The Critics Quill

A great update as always. Great to see you back my friend.

So I have to admit that I went back and re-read the whole story... it was some time ago and I forgot some of the details...
    Anyway, nice update, and it is great to have you back and see this story continued! Good luck with law school, and if you have time read some of the cool new stuff people write these days.

Last edited by Thokran; August 26, 2013 at 07:51 PM.