Thread: A Kingdom Forged by Blood, Steel, and Faith: The Fight for Jerusalem SS 6.4

Default A Kingdom Forged by Blood, Steel, and Faith: The Fight for Jerusalem SS 6.4

Before i get started i do not know how to post screenshots, if anyone could tell me thank you

Default Re: A Kingdom Forged by Blood, Steel, and Faith: The Fight for Jerusalem SS 6.4

You can take screenshots ingame using the "Printscreen" key on your keyboard. The pictures will be saved in the tga folder of the game files, in tga format. Use any program you like to edit, cut and otherwise manipulate the pictures. Personally, I convert them to jpg format, as this makes the files a lot smaller. Then, upload them to a hosting site like imageshack (which I use) or the like. A free account should be sufficent for the amount of tralffic you generate there. Post the "direct link" to the picture (provided by the hosting site) in your post using the button next to the two little globe symbols here on TWC.

Default Re: A Kingdom Forged by Blood, Steel, and Faith: The Fight for Jerusalem SS 6.4

Thank you Strengelicher however whenever i try to use paint for my files it states my file is a valid bitmap file i appreciate any help.

never mind thank you so much

It has been over one hundred years since our kingdom was forged, yet barely ten of those years was the kingdom at peace. Thirty years ago the great leader Saladin united the infidels and marched on our kingdom. Jerusalem fell as well as Antioch and Acre. The third crusade was called, my grandfather a knight traveling with the great Richard the Lionheart. They made war on the accursed Muslims, vengefully taking back what was ours by right. Until the 5th crusade was launched the crusader states were clinging to the coast. However Duke (now King) Jean attacked at the head of 1000 Templars and took back our holy city. Baudouin of Lorraine added the castle of Kerak to our kingdom. However our kingdom is weak, we hold to the coast like an old man holds to his staff. It was my goal, ever since i accompanied King Jean on the 5th crusade to see this Kingdom grow and prosper, and bring back Christianity to the heathens. Our Kingdom after the 5th crusade.

I am Bertrand Governor of Nicosia and I will return the Kingdom to the days before Saladin, to the days when the Kingdom was strong and feared.

It all began on a June morning in the year of our lord 1220 AD. I awoke to find the sun bearing down upon us with great strength. The knights, were almost collapsed for the heat stifle all. I had some bread and washed, i had received a letter from my liege King Jean the Honorable, it said that i was to move what forces i thought were necessary and sail for Tortosa, a castle guarding the north of our realm.

I decided to take with me two companies of Templar Spearman. These men were soldiers of faith and valor, men who would give their all to the kingdom. The men cheered, Nicosia was a relatively dull assignment, the Muslims had no fleet to speak of while the Byzantines, the former owners, lost their capital and were fragmented. The men boarded the boats and we sailed with all speed to Tortosa.

At Tortosa we had more templar brethren waiting for us and we garrisoned the castle with anticipation of battle. I decided that i should call upon the services of more Templars and knights, knowing full well that the Egyptians would come for us. In the meantime I consulted our cardinal, Father Reynaud d'Aubusson a young man who claims that God himself speaks to him in his dreams.
    In the meantime King Jean has been recruiting Templars and others into his ranks in Jerusalem, and local militia into his ranks. Prince Alphonse a close friend has taken up his post in Acre, ensuring that this vital strategic and comercial point is secured for our cause, he tells me that many new arrivals, both in and out of the holy orders, come to rescue the holy lands.

The King is sending his daughter the famed beauty Princess Yolande to see what kind of deal the Muslims will want, personally i think it is foolish, the infidels will never agree to associate in any way with us, and they may sacrifice her to their pagan gods, i hope she comes back in one piece, we were friends in adolescence and i would hate for her to go in such a brutal way.

From what I heard she road to the sultan's capital, and charmed the sultan with all her god given abilities and persuaded him to relent to an alliance and trade.
    Apparently now an old suitor of hers, The count of Ancona continues to follow her, no matter she tries to do to shake him. Also the King informs me that the spy Foucaud has left to report on Muslim doings in the city of Damascus. Now we will no of the sultan's doing in this key town. Finally our diplomat Gautier has left for the north to persuade the Seljuks to ally with us and attack Egypt. Once again i must point out the folly of allying with the infidel, however as the king wills it, so shall it be.

We are weak and surrounded however turning to our enemies for help is not good policy, I only hope the Muslims fight amongst themeselves for the time being.

To everyone who is reading this, my mention of Muslims as infidel's heathens and pagans is purely a reflection of the times in which these characters lived, the same goes with my mentioning of controversial historic crusaders and Christan leaders as holy or glorious etc is a reflection of the times this aar takes place in. I may be historically inaccurate from time to time however please accept that this story is different from history. I except all criticism just as long as it is constructive criticism.

I shall be watching this. There seem to be some similarities in style to a certain other AAR, but it will be enlightening to look into Bertrand's head for a change. Would be interesting to know your game settings. Please note that once you have accumulated 25 posts on TWC - in whichever subforum - you can edit your posts and change them. So if you want to let readers know what the general scheme of your AAR is in the first post, you can still do so.

Tigellinus's Avatar Citizen

I shall be watching this, as well. The title caught my attention instantly.

I enjoy your style of writing! Continue this AAR! I wish to read more from it!

+rep

Thanks

Tigellinus

Proudly under the patronage of McScottish

Axis Sunsoar's Avatar Domesticus

I really enjoy this one, reminds me of Strengelicher's. One thing I would add, is that for me it would be easier to read if you put more space between the pictures and the text.

+rep, great read!

I apologize however my stainless steel refuses to work and i must delete and redownload, i will try to pick this up again, but i will do an early era campaign instead.

Rest in Peace, AAR.