Thread: Giving the mod a go, but one slight issue...

Default Giving the mod a go, but one slight issue...

Does this mod have any sort of 'Civil war' possibility? My main concern initially was the well-known history of the Roman empire. The romans fought amongst themselves throughout the period, as did the Germanic tribes and most other peoples. In fact, you could argue that war was everyone and that the modern sense of 'boundaries' and 'territories' was constantly contested by both external and INTERNAL events ... I always liked the idea that in RTW vanilla multiple 'Romes' were on the map to keep you in check and force you to bow to popularity and the senate at times. Since there is no senate or seemingly popularity contest, I am assuming the Roman Empire is depicted as an ultra-authoritarian state set way before Julius Caesar came in.

Am I wrong? I haven't played much of the mod yet, but I am hoping for the possibility that my Empire might break up if I do something badly, forcing me to confront other Roman (TRAITORS!!!!) armies...

Thanks in advance, and I look forward to playing this mod in the coming week(s).

Default Re: Giving the mod a go, but one slight issue...

Not as yet, but we are working on some nasty twists for the Roman campaign for RS2.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

I know you can't and won't answer this, but is there ANY estimation as to when RS2 will be released? Any at all? Within a month? Year? Years?

I'm sorry to ask, but I hate starting a campaign only to know that all my effort will be lost in the new version

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Hopefully at the end of the year or a few months after that.
    Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

intel's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Streen15 View Post
    I know you can't and won't answer this, but is there ANY estimation as to when RS2 will be released? Any at all? Within a month? Year? Years?

I'm sorry to ask, but I hate starting a campaign only to know that all my effort will be lost in the new version
    Within 4-6 moths I guess.
    Last edited by intel; October 01, 2009 at 04:37 PM.

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

make that 3-5...the end of the year is in about 3 full months (2 actually, but then it's the start of december...not the end of it)

I'm pushing the team (and myself) to get it released this year. If all goes well then that could be just about possible.

...you know what happened last time I made any sort of guess though.
    Last edited by tone; October 02, 2009 at 07:54 AM.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Bull3pr00f de Bodemloze's Avatar Occasio mihi fertur

I don't care how long it takes, I just hope you aren't releasing a version with tons of bugs because it had to be released this year

Elendil of Númenor's Avatar Campidoctor

That's the spirit!

Anyway, Tone's right, everyone's forcing as much as possible out of themselves - and RL is like an... army of Parthian Cataphracts, to remain on theme, riding down on us and often trying to smash through our lines. We will do everything we can....

HMonk's Avatar Decanus

Remember that old saying, (We will sell no wine before its time) think of RS-2 that way,They wont release it before its time. But when they do it will taste Soooo Good.
    The Best Computer is Your Computer!

Calvin's Avatar Countdown: 7 months
    Citizen

We're getting close we can tell you that. We're trying to get through this last major push really.
    Developer for Roma Surrectum 2 || Follow my move to the USA in Calvin's Corner
    Son of Noble Savage || Proud patron of [user]Winter[/user], [user]Lord of the Knights[/user] and [user]fergusmck[/user]

apple's Avatar Searching for 42

Think of it like this song. The last push...

Son of Legio
    Father of Paedric & Remlap
    Roma Surrectum II, Ages of Darkness II, Rome Total Realism & RTR: Imperium Surrectum Developer

Mundus Bellicus - TWC - ModDB - Discord - Steam

Tesla's Avatar Senator

btw how big was rs2 going to be again ? i remember tone saying it somewhere...

Well the download at the moment is about 2GB, but that includes some vanilla stuff and also the installer will pack it much much smaller.

Tesla's Avatar Senator

thanks