Thread: On Heirs and Wives...

Default On Heirs and Wives...

I've been playing the Byzantines and I can't seem to be able to marry off Anna or find John a wife, even though there are plenty of princesses running around. Infact, none of the males in the family except the late Alexius has had a wife. Am I missing something or what?

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Default Re: On Heirs and Wives...

How many regions have conquered? In the game's hardcode there is an algorithm of regions controlled to heirs. You're not going to get anybody married off or kids born without conquering.

I have heirs (dirty adopted commoners) but no biological kids! I've conquered most of Asia Minor and am working my way up the Balkans.

There's not even the generic marriage opportunities for the men so they can start having kids.

REDrake's Avatar Decanus

I can confirm this bug. The most obvious solution is to change desc_sm_factions.txt for byzantines to allow them to have princesses (I have no idea why was this disabled). However, now all of my children are females. 7 so far and still more to come apparently. I have no idea why this is happening. AFAIK there's no way to influence the gender of the children because it's hardcoded.