To be placed here

Building Chain
    Building Chain

Technology Tree
    Technology Tree

Graphics Development
    Graphics Development

RotR faction description by Cro_Hunger999:

The signing of the preliminary treaties in Paris marked the end of the golden age of trade, and the Kingdom is faced with new problems, both internal and external. Christian VII's insanity made him incapable of bringing any decisions and with the state in crisis, the future of the Kingdom is unclear. The old ministries since the fall of Struensee have proved inefficient and with the crown prince's coming of age a new coup d'état is nearing. Denmark should not get entangled in Russia's diplomatic affairs that easily and should, when the time is right, discuss other options, but for now Sweden is a major threat and Russian assistance a necessity.

Gustav III has set his eyes on Norway and is trying to bring Denmark in a state of complete isolation so good relations and alliances are a key to safety. Gustav is already mobilizing all his available forces so expect an attack very soon.

Concluding trade treaties with nations like the Kingdom of Sicily, Portugal and Spain will provide new resources and help boost your economy. Although currently at peace, the Barbary States pose a constant threat to Denmark's trade routes so building a strong navy to protect those routes is beneficial.

It is important you pay close attention to the events in India, as old combatants in their battling will be too busy to watch the activities of the Danish East India Company and their mutual bombarding may serve to you as an opportunity to expand the company's influence. The European equilibrium is threatened and how Denmark will adapt to the new changes is up to you.

The interpretation of Denmark follows the one of the "The Sons of the Dannebrog" mod.

Danish Artillery

Danish Artillery is entirely average throughout the 18th Century. Things don't really get interesting until the 19th, when they experimented quite a bit with rockets and rapid-fire weapons (at some point we might be able to introduce them as incredibly late-game units, but not now). Their cannons follow the 3-, 6-, and 12-lber designations common throughout most of Europe, and their howitzers the 7- and 10-lber sizes of Prussia and Austria. The 7-lber Howitzer has a 5 1/2-inch caliber (140 mm) and uses the same-sized shot as a 24-lber cannon. The 10-lber Howitzer, on the other hand, possesses a much larger 6 1/2-inch caliber (165 mm) and fires the same size shot as a 32-lber cannon, which is used nowhere in Europe except on Ship of the Lines.

Note that although the howitzer's size designation makes it seem like it's smaller than a 12-lber cannon, the designation is based on a completely different principle. Whereas a cannon's designation is based on the weight of a cast-iron ball that is capable of being fired by the gun, a howitzer (following the Austrian method) is based on stone weight. That is, how large a stone ball is capable of being fired.

New to 2.1 is a series of faction-specific Artillery Technologies. These technologies, while in themselves being new to Imperial Splendour, also introduce a new gameplay mechanic: unit obsolescence through technology. That is, as technology is researched the player/faction will receive access to new units, and old units will be taken away.

Artillery Technologies specific to Denmark:

• Tier 1: Standardization of Calibers - Prior to researching this, the player will only have access to 17th-Century guns, such as the Saker, Demi-Culverin, Culverin, and Mortars. Note that the cannons are buildable at any level of building (although they do gain experience at varying building levels), while the Mortar is buildable at Tier 3 and beyond. The only way to upgrade to the standardized 18th-Century guns (including Howitzers) is through the use of this technology.
    • Tier 3: Adjustable Elevation for Mortars - Believe it or not, most mortars in the early part of this period were fixed at a 45-degree firing angle in their mounts, and the only way to adjust for range was to either increase or decrease the powder charge. This technology enables Mortars to be built that have an adjustable elevation, making the mortar significantly more accurate (although still not very).
    • Tier 4: Horse Artillery - Just like the name sounds. This technology enables the player to build horse artillery.
    • Tier 4: Artillery Reforms - This technology, like Standardization of Calibers before it, is a huge step forward in the player's ordnance capabilities. This technology encompasses a host of real-world advances, such as a turn-screw for adjusting elevation of the cannon, an optic range-finder mounted on the carriage or sometimes on the gun itself, a horizontal boring method of creating cannon (rather than the old method of casting a gun around an empty center) which reduces the "windage" (the gap between the size of a ball and the interior of the gun's barrel) which thereby reduces the amount of gunpowder necessary to achieve the same range which thereby reduces the size/weight of the gun necessary to safely fire any given piece of ordnance, and new lighter carriages to move the guns around. The general in-game effects of this technology are to introduce significantly more accurate and cheaper weapons. This applies to every artillery piece in the player's arsenal, with the exception of mortars.

Last edited by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus; March 09, 2019 at 02:20 PM.

Default Re: Denmark - Gameplay Discussion Thread

Danish rocket launching infantry? Are those guys historical, or a joke unit?

Either way, they're damn deadly. Did a test. They wiped out a unit of Coldstream Guard before they could close to firing range. Three full volleys (from all three rows, that is, so nine volleys, really) took them down to half strength. A fourth volley at close range took them down to 80 and broke the unit.

Mainly, they are a test unit I believe Vicar had some sources about them.

Sun Devil's Avatar Campidoctor

Denmark is definitely my favorite faction to play as, especially with 1.4 because now I can manage to avoid instant war with Sweden.

Rifle-Fire Rockets. Yes, they are historical. Although I may not have, of course, portrayed them properly. In fact, I'm almost positive I didn't. There is some debate as to what they were used for, and there are some experts claiming that the only benefit this sort of ammunition would have over regular ammo is if they intended on burning something down. Personally, I'd think actually being able to see a bullet burning its way towards you would be more than a little terrifying, but that's just me.

And they were an early 19th-Century unit, so just a little outside our timeframe.

They should not be recruitable in the campaign. They are, as LK said, a test unit. I included them in Custom Battles just for fun.
    Every day takes figuring out all over again how to live.

Default Re: Denmark - Gameplay Discussion

Edited original post with new Artillery information.

Doesnt Denmark have a Admirality ?.

Denmark has an admiralty slot, but for some reason the AI doesn't seem to like to build anything there.

Well i am playing as Denmark and i dont see any admiralty slot.

I was wondering if it's just me or the mod ?. I might have some wrong files from 2.1b

Well, if Savoy also doesn't have a major city, then I'd say you haven't installed 2.1. Or 2.1b for that matter.

I'd re-install the mod.

In order to get the map right, you'll need to make sure that all the correct files (scripting.lua, startpos.esf, regions.esf, and a host of others) are in your data/campaigns/imperial_splendour folder.

Hey Vic, no faction description for Denmark? Just has artillery. Or at least a link to the SotD at least?

Quote Originally Posted by The Vicar View Post
    Well, if Savoy also doesn't have a major city, then I'd say you haven't installed 2.1. Or 2.1b for that matter.

I'd re-install the mod.

In order to get the map right, you'll need to make sure that all the correct files (scripting.lua, startpos.esf, regions.esf, and a host of others) are in your data/campaigns/imperial_splendour folder.

I have fixed it now, thanks.

The Danish Rocket launchers are insanely overpowered. I took two regiments of them against the Coldstream Guards and the Black Watch- we won by a landslide, even after I charged into melee to try to even it out (I assumed they were weak melee fighters). They're also 45 gold cheaper than normal Danish Line in the custom battle menu.

They're just to goof around with, as Vicar had said, and not intended to be used in the Grand Campaign, which is where this mod focuses around.

Erunion Telcontar's Avatar Senator

Yeah, they're just a historical unit that we added to custom battles cuz their fun... They never made it to the Grand Campaign because they don't work properly.
    I'm not sure if they're still in their, but we used to have Mughal rocket throwers.
    They were both historical and epic, but the animation was messed up...

+Rep for anyone who can translate! (The above)
    Auta i lóme! Aurë entuluva!

Quote Originally Posted by Erunion Telcontar View Post
    Yeah, they're just a historical unit that we added to custom battles cuz their fun... They never made it to the Grand Campaign because they don't work properly.
    I'm not sure if they're still in their, but we used to have Mughal rocket throwers.
    They were both historical and epic, but the animation was messed up...
    Still there, last I checked. Completely useless, but still there

Useless? Useless? Are you sure you're using the same rocket throwers I was?

Not that they were amazing on a Shuvulovs Secret Howitzer level, but those guys were pretty darn good.

Quote Originally Posted by Erunion Telcontar View Post
    Useless? Useless? Are you sure you're using the same rocket throwers I was?

Not that they were amazing on a Shuvulovs Secret Howitzer level, but those guys were pretty darn good.
    In my test they killed ~5 guys in a unit of line infantry prior to closing.

That's because they are support units and horrifically inaccurate... Guard them well, and aim them at an army. A large one. (They need a big target)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast