Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Persia - Information & Discussion

Default Re: Persia - Graphics Discussion

They played polo with swords?

Wow, we westerners have really pussied that game out.
    Every day takes figuring out all over again how to live.

delpiero1234's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Persia - Gameplay Discussion

I don't know actually where to post this so I just do it here.
    While playing Persia I always get a Runtime Error! When I try to research the very first military technology in the tech tree (can't remember its name)
    I don't know why but I tried it know 2 times doing every time exactly the same stuff and after like 4 turns when I finished building the school and start to research that one technology the game crashes :/
    Never had that with any other nation

Edit: The error message is:

Runtime Error!
    Program: g:\ program fil...
    R6025
    - pure virtual function call
    Last edited by delpiero1234; October 15, 2009 at 03:51 PM.

Should persia not be more rich at this time. Is there anyway to increase the the value of persia as a region?

Delpiero, report that in the bug's section. Those more savvy than I might be able to help.

Lordyu, I think Persia was actually experiencing something of a decline at this point, both dynastically and economically. Nadir Shah mimiced the old practice of the Ghaznavid Empire (in 900 to 1100 AD) in having so massive and powerful of an army that the only way it could be maintained was to keep aloft a voracious appetite of loot and plunder.

But if people have sources to point towards Safavid wealth, I'm all ears.

Babur's Avatar ز آفتاب درخشان ستاره می

Quote Originally Posted by Ahiga View Post
    Delpiero, report that in the bug's section. Those more savvy than I might be able to help.

Lordyu, I think Persia was actually experiencing something of a decline at this point, both dynastically and economically. Nadir Shah mimiced the old practice of the Ghaznavid Empire (in 900 to 1100 AD) in having so massive and powerful of an army that the only way it could be maintained was to keep aloft a voracious appetite of loot and plunder.

But if people have sources to point towards Safavid wealth, I'm all ears.
    well Michael Axworthy estimates that Nadir Shah took as much as £90 billion in loot from his Indian campaign, supposedly taxes were stopped in Iran for 3 years,being a Delhi-wallah I utterly despise what he did there
    Under the patronage of Gertrudius!

Now now Chinggis, sacking and butchering the splendor of Delhi is a pre-requisite for being a conqueror of any part of India.

Mahmud of Ghazni, Muhammad of Ghor, Nadir Shah, the British...I think Barbur didn't do it.

Babur's Avatar ز آفتاب درخشان ستاره می

Now now Chinggis, sacking and butchering the splendor of Delhi is a pre-requisite for being a conqueror of any part of India.

Mahmud of Ghazni, Muhammad of Ghor, Nadir Shah, the British...I think Barbur didn't do it.
    well the second to last time I was in Delhi, I had my copy of the Baburnama with me, reading the section about Delhi whilst there really brought it to life,when he was there he just got wasted on a boat on the Yamuna and went sightseeing around what is now Mehrauli in Delhi .

well there was also Amir Timur's sacking of Delhi in 1398 too,more than 100,000 people perished

The British had the audacity to suggest that Jama Masjid should be demolished after the first war of independence in 1857.

well I read the Kitab-i-Yamini and Mahmud Ghaznawi writes that he was urged by his amirs to not continue onto Delhi.

Muhammed Shihadubbin Ghuri with help from Qutub-Ud-Din Aibak was the first to properly conquer the city for Islam lol.

some of the jewels which was taken by Nadir Shah have still not been returned....
    Under the patronage of Gertrudius!

Although the 17th century, Persia was a poor country. But with the advent of Nader Shah, in 1730, Iran to become a military superpower in the East. Nader not only defeated the Ottoman. Even Russia is forced to retreat from the Caucasus said.
    I think the team game developers should be more time for Persia said!
    For example, the status of the Afghanistan region is not clear! Or if a revolution is in or not! Or whether Iran will be unlocked? If you can unlock, how? With the conquest of persia by the Ottoman Empire? or other?
    I as an Iranian, I am not happy with the game from Persia.
    About Persia, i have many questions.
    I'm returned again...

Iran cannot be unlocked and is not a faction. Afghanistan's emergence is a result of rebellion in the province and represents either the historical emergence of various dynasties or the hypothetical emergence of an Afghan state (if another country conquers it and afghanistan rebels).

Persia as the Safavid/Afsharid state of Nadir Shah will be worked on and in a future release improved.

Iran cannot be unlocked and is not a faction. Afghanistan's emergence is a result of rebellion in the province and represents either the historical emergence of various dynasties or the hypothetical emergence of an Afghan state (if another country conquers it and afghanistan rebels).

Persia as the Safavid/Afsharid state of Nadir Shah will be worked on and in a future release improved.
    When your order is next? The next version Empire? Or patch, and updates? You can clear more explain? Thank you
    I'm returned again...

Next update of Imperial Splendour, 2.2.

in this update, persia will unlock?
    Last edited by cyrus_empire; January 22, 2010 at 05:16 AM.
    I'm returned again...

Persia is already unlocked. It is a major faction with all unique units and many new skins.

In IS 2.2 Persia will be even greater with even more new skins and new units!

Thanks.
    Whether we know more information of Persia? I wanted to know, how much will change Persia. It seems, Persia in Version 2.2 is a very promising.
    Campaign map has changed?
    Last edited by cyrus_empire; January 23, 2010 at 05:00 AM.
    I'm returned again...

Who is here?
    I'm returned again...

we're here and reading, no worries.

Ahiga is preparing a Preview on his work on all the eastern factions in the developers Forum, but it is his to share and not mine.

You should try 2.1 Persia, it is a good faction as well.
    I am afraid the campaign map will not change. Modders at this time don't know how to change the campaign map.

we're here and reading, no worries.
    Oops! I excuse. This was just a joke.
    I am sure your work. Although I have problems to run mode.
    I'm returned again...

1. Nadir shah is the IS 2.2 version?
    2. Why not Persia-Graphic Discussion thread?
    Last edited by cyrus_empire; February 19, 2010 at 12:42 PM.
    I'm returned again...

Icon12 Re: Persia - Gameplay Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by cyrus_empire View Post
    1. Nadir shah is the IS 2.2 version?
    I don't think it's possible, because they need to change the starting year to match up Nadir shah's emergence, and they also need to revamp the whold world for this!!!
    Nevertheless, it's easy to mod your own Nadir shah via DB editor, I think you can just do this
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrus_empire View Post
    2. Why not Persia-Graphic Discussion thread?
    I'm now doing a completely reskins on Persia units base upon Imperial Splendour setting, if you want to make suggestions about Persia units' appreance, you can come to here
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=333562
    Here is one of my example, I changed the funny red hats for Qizilbashs designed by CA into a historical accurate one
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by PikeStance; November 04, 2014 at 08:12 PM.

Four big potential allies/enemies to think about and only 2 small powers to pick off to try to get things off the ground. Any strategy threads out there for Persia?

Local development is obvious. My strategic thought is grab Georgia and Dagestan, try to make friends with Russia as a counter to Turkey (even if it means giving Dagestan to Russia), and then either push west or find enough troops to dive into the war in India. Hitting the Moghuls is obvious, but costs the trade reveneu with them and just accelerates the Maratha rise. Grabbing Mysore is one prize, otherwise allying with Moghuls or Marathas with an expeditionary force to try to steal a few cities from the winning side ( or either side in a back and forth war) by initiating sieges . . . . my thought is being on the Moghul side might even things up into some back and forth that provides some opportunities to grab territories.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast