Thread: Starting campaign

Parzival2211's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Starting campaign

The mod description sounds great. My only concern is: When you start of with such a large number of regions, doesn't that mean a lot of management issues right from the beginning? Even when you can only recruit in castles...

Admitting of course, that it's historical that England and France don't start of with only 2 or 3 regions.

Default Re: Starting campaign

It was a pain for me but trust me, it's necessary for the money
    Besides, there were a heap of small settlements in England and France.
    My advice is to focus everything on (Canterbury?) the castle down SW and London for England and Calais and Paris for France. Ignore everything else or do three settlements per turn etc.

I would imagine the kings in that time having big management issues as well

Next to that I'd personally would like to see the small villages growing far slower, afterall, Paris didn't become a city in 100 years, but in this mod villages still do. But that all means even more work.

Quote Originally Posted by theStig View Post
    I would imagine the kings in that time having big management issues as well

Next to that I'd personally would like to see the small villages growing far slower, afterall, Paris didn't become a city in 100 years, but in this mod villages still do. But that all means even more work.
    Yes, having a lot of small villages at the end of the campaign would seem more realistic. But then again, it is not in every game as France at least (only faction I have played), you will only have to fight England. In most games Brittany and Flanders will attack you, not to mention HRE or Aragon.

So it is normally not possible to upgrade that many villages, however, when you play with a solid French strategy, pushing out the English of France from start, and the allying step by step with the nabo factions, starting out with Burgundy, then Aragon, then Savoy or HRE, you could end up in a game where you will get no enemies except the English.

In those games you do have the option to upgrade all your cities, depending naturally on the English being kept out of France for the whole/most time.

The growth-rate in many small French villages is 3-4%.