Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: | John Stewart Vs Tucker Carlson | II |

{nF}remix's Avatar Wii will change gaming

Default | John Stewart Vs Tucker Carlson | II |

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...072901918.html

This should be interesting, i like stewart more, but maybe its becuz i watch his show and not Carlson's more.

O'brien the Protector's Avatar Lord of the Mannequins

sterward is actually a really smart guy when he provides his own insight, but this i ually masked by him always giving off the imrpession of a pothead, ofcourse the insesant swearing. what i odnt get is what the actual show will be.
    (\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < )
    -(Under the patronage of the humble, yet all powerful Lord Sephiroth.)-Royal House of the Black Prince

Lord of the Mannequins~Protector of Happiness, Bishop of Liberty, Guard of Hypocracy, Patriarch of Duality,O'briantheProtector(OBP)

Indefinitely Banned

Thank you for posting this remix.

Now if i can type a slightly coherent reply in my half-asleep state...

I saw that crossfire show when jon stewart was on (luckily i happened to turn on cnn like 15 minutes before it and heard jon stewart was on the show, which i normally would never watch). I think Stewart said what i and im sure many others think about crossfire. It was just a little game where begala/carville would spat some crap about halliburton and how iraq was about oil and then novak (that little scum that he is) and carlson would spat back some equally stupid remark about flip flopping or "liberal elites" or something of that nature. It just feuled the stupid partisan stuff that makes politics often irritate me so, it was just talking points repeated over and over and over and over and over again, none of it with any real purpose. Just a bunch of dribble by some political advisors who were past their prime (or in carlson's case just some guy with a bow tie :laughing: ).

Oh BTW, i LOVE The Daily Show

To continue, Stewart stated some of these exact points and talked about how Crossfire was actually doing the whole process a dis-service. He was exactly right. Then he proceeded to call Tucker a dick, only after Carlson insulted him much more so. He said something to the effect of "why arent you being funny, thats what you do on your show" and then the remark about "your a lot funnier on your show" (as said in the article). I would find that deeply insulting. To the first comment, stewart responded "You want me to be your monkey? I wont be your monkey" and then the second one is in the article where he calls Tucker a dick.

I caught the crossfire show for a few minutes a few days later and Paul Begala was still whining about it. I say go Jon Stewart and he was 100% right in everything he said on the show. I hope it contributed to its cancellation. :laughing:

And about Tucker's show being moved to 11 PM, there is only one thing to say to that... :laughing:

I never really watched Crossfire, I was always under the impression that one was a Republican and the other was Democrat. Is that right, or are they both one side? I also heard Stewart was a hardcore Republican but I dont know if thats right either...

{nF}remix's Avatar Wii will change gaming

competing with stewarts time frame is sucide lol, you cant beat jack black/stewart combo and the rest of the crew!

Indefinitely Banned

@Lubeek
    Yes, thats what crossfire was. As for Stewart, his politics have nothing to do with this, however, he is an independent. People say he is liberal and his show is biased, it is not he just rips on whoever controls everything, whenever he gets a chance he makes great jokes about Clinton that i find hilarious. Bush and the conservatives control everything so of course they get made fun of more.

@Remix,
    Well Said

Indefinitely Banned

Another thing to note about this is how much MSNBC is moving to the right. They already have Joe Scarbarough (although im honestly not sure if his IQ is above 70 and that is not because of politics, maybe it is some kind of equal opportunity thing :laughing and then Carlson and now some lady from Fox News, they still have Chris Matthews, who seems a bit left leaning on most things (and he is the only one who gets decent ratings i think). Keith Olbermann is not biased to me, his show is actually decent as well.

Decanus

I saw Stewart on the Crossfire as well, and he was the one who started throwing the insuts as soon as he got on stage. The Crossfire hosts simply did not know how to handle someone so immature and disrespectful, so they stated the obvious, "You are a lot funnier on your show". Stewart used his little voices and jabs "You're huuuuuuuuuurting America" to get cheap laughs from the audience. It was a joke and a disgrace that a man would act like that on an actual serious TV show, where serious issues are discussed.

As for the Daily Show, it is only good for, a cheap laugh and immature liberal comedy. You are fooling yourself if you do not think the Daily Show is liberal, Atheist Peace. Every time I see it the jokes are at the expense of Republicans, Conservatives, religious Christions, or the military. Even the skits and bits they do have at least a few jabs towards the right wing. The show is not a "comedy news" show, it is just a comedy show. It reminds me of a thirty minute version of a monolouge that late night TV show hosts do. It should not even be compaired to real political discussion/news shows like The O'Rielly Factor, Hannity and Colmes, Crossfire, etc.

Don't get me wrong, it's a funny and enjoyable show, but I don't think it should be taken seriously.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rex331
    I saw Stewart on the Crossfire as well, and he was the one who started throwing the insuts as soon as he got on stage. The Crossfire hosts simply did not know how to handle someone so immature and disrespectful, so they stated the obvious, "You are a lot funnier on your show". Stewart used his little voices and jabs "You're huuuuuuuuuurting America" to get cheap laughs from the audience. It was a joke and a disgrace that a man would act like that on an actual serious TV show, where serious issues are discussed.

No Jon Stewart did not start throwing insults. He made valid criticisms about the pathetic and incredibly immature show that crossfire is. (I dont know why you are defending crossfire, this has nothing to do with its politics, crossfire hurt everyone) He made valid criticisms and Tucker and Paul did not know how to handle it, and they knew he was right so they tried to get him to do what they wanted and "be their monkey" - Then after that Jon Stewart did call Tucker a dick, but really he is and so is Begala and the other crossfire guys.

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Atheist Peace
    No Jon Stewart did not start throwing insults. He made valid criticisms about the pathetic and incredibly immature show that crossfire is. (I dont know why you are defending crossfire, this has nothing to do with its politics, crossfire hurt everyone) He made valid criticisms and Tucker and Paul did not know how to handle it, and they knew he was right so they tried to get him to do what they wanted and "be their monkey" - Then after that Jon Stewart did call Tucker a dick, but really he is and so is Begala and the other crossfire guys.
    Riiiiight... The great and noble Stewart, Champion of the People, cannot and did not insult Crossfire, he gave "valid criticisms" about the "patheticly immature" show that Crossfire is. And of course Tucker and Paul knew that the great Stewart was completely correct, so in an effort of self loathing and self hatred, they lashed out and said such horrible things as "You're a lot funnier on your show". Damn those evil Crossfire hosts, damn them! Yes, that's it.

I was not defending the show, I was describing my disgust for Jon Stewart's immature and disrespectful behavior on a show he was invited to. He was a guest and insulted his hosts. An honest decent man just does not do that. How would you like it if someone you invited to your home, to a party or something, came and started insulting you, calling you an idiot, a joke, and an evil bad influence on everyone? What he did was just in bad taste.

Indefinitely Banned

No, what stewart did was not disrespectful, not until he was disrespected. In my opinion, any show that it is disrespectful to speak your mind on obviously does suffer from some of the flaws of crossfire. If you are invited on a show, then say what you have come there to say, dont back off because it might hurt their feelings. If someone came into my house and started calling me an idiot or things like that (not what stewart did) then i would tell them to leave. If someone came over my house and began raising a criticism about something i said or did, i would likely start debating it with them or at least address it and admit i was wrong if i was. There is a difference.

Decanus

No, what stewart did was not disrespectful, not until he was disrespected. In my opinion, any show that it is disrespectful to speak your mind on obviously does suffer from some of the flaws of crossfire. If you are invited on a show, then say what you have come there to say, dont back off because it might hurt their feelings. If someone came into my house and started calling me an idiot or things like that (not what stewart did) then i would tell them to leave. If someone came over my house and began raising a criticism about something i said or did, i would likely start debating it with them or at least address it and admit i was wrong if i was. There is a difference.
    Yes there is. And what part of "You are huuuuuurting America" and calling Tucker a dick did Stewart show an interest in debating? He was there to slander and insult, to cause a scene and to look cool to misguided, angry young liberal Americans. As well as raise his ratings, of course.

And there is a difference between speaking your mind and disrespectful rants bordering on slander. There was no reason why Stewart could not speak his mind and be civil and respectful at the same time. But he could not. He's a shock jock, and needs to cause a stir to get ratings.

Another thing to note about this is how much MSNBC is moving to the right. They already have Joe Scarbarough (although im honestly not sure if his IQ is above 70 and that is not because of politics, maybe it is some kind of equal opportunity thing :laughing and then Carlson and now some lady from Fox News, they still have Chris Matthews, who seems a bit left leaning on most things (and he is the only one who gets decent ratings i think). Keith Olbermann is not biased to me, his show is actually decent as well.
    Olbermann sucks. Can't stand that show. But I do like MSNBC, as they often give Pat Buchanan air time. Hardball is a good show as well.

Indefinitely Banned

@rex

Well i can see this is going nowhere for now. If someone could find a video of the whole incident so we can see exactly what was said that would be great, rex im sure both of our memories arent perfect on this. I dont think this current debate is going anywhere and it will just get repetative on both sides. We will have to agree to disagree for now, but please, others post your thoughts so we can get on to a bit different subject regarding the whole thing.

Dr Zoidberg's Avatar A Medical Corporation

This site has the whole clip, its close to the bottom. It also as a transcript of the clip. The way I see it, Stewart kept trying to engage in debate and all the hosts wanted him to do was make jokes, which he didn't see as the point of him being there.

http://onegoodmove.org/1gm/1gmarchiv...how_video.html
    Young lady, I am an expert on humans. Now pick a mouth, open it and say "brglgrglgrrr"!

Indefinitely Banned

Thank you for the video Zoidberg.

Im watching it and your description is obviously correct, he keeps pleading with them to listen and let him finish what he is saying, instead tucker kept repeating how Jon Stewart didnt ask Kerry tough enough questions (:laughing: :laughing: ) so he can avoid actually addressing stewart's criticisms which are quite valid and true.

Decanus

Stewart's first words were facetious and almost mocking, asking why the hosts fight. So the hosts naturally played along. Then they tried to bring things back on track about Kerry, and every first sentence Stewart said was a one liner that caused the audience to laugh. The hosts kept trying to bring things on track, and Stewart kept doing nothing but cheap jokes and low insults, over and over again. Let's be honest here. Stewart was there to insult and attempt to push his point about political shows through disrespectful insults and slander instead of civilized discourse and debate. He insulted the man for wearing a bow tie for God’s sake. The audience laughed though, so I guess that makes Stewart cool, right?

Dr Zoidberg's Avatar A Medical Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by Rex331
    Stewart's first words were facetious and almost mocking, asking why the hosts fight. So the hosts naturally played along.
    They played along becasue they couldn't come up with a decent answer. He asked a question and they ignored it. Every question he asked, they ignored. Why should he try to remain civil when the host obvioulsy aren't intrested in being civil or having an honest discussion.

But, this is pointless. You'll see it one way, we'll see it another. End of story.

Personally, I think Stewart is brillant. And I'm not even a Yank.
    Young lady, I am an expert on humans. Now pick a mouth, open it and say "brglgrglgrrr"!

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Zoidberg
    They played along becasue they couldn't come up with a decent answer. He asked a question and they ignored it. Every question he asked, they ignored. Why should he try to remain civil when the host obvioulsy aren't intrested in being civil or having an honest discussion.

But, this is pointless. You'll see it one way, we'll see it another. End of story.

Personally, I think Stewart is brillant. And I'm not even a Yank.
    What exactly is a decent answer for such gems as "Why do you fight" and "Why are you huuuuuurting America"? Come on now, it is a political discussion show, Left vs. Right. They are there to argue and debate. Stewart was not really asking questions he expected the hosts to answer, we was trying to prove his point about his views on political talk shows. Instead of doing it in a civil and respectful manner, he chose the easier way, rude and mocking, that is more popular with young people. The hosts were far more civil than Stewart, and were trying to keep the topic on the issues at hand, basically the election and not Stewart's views on and insults about political talk shows.

You are right, we are never going to agree with each other. I think Stewart is funny, but not as funny as Maher, and I like Real Time more. However, I do wish there was a conservative comedy talk show.

Rex331 makes me laugh.
    Hypocrisy is the foundation of sin.

Proud patron of: The Magnanimous Household of Siblesz
    Timendi causa est nescire.
    Member of S.I.N.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast