Thread: RELEASED No-Forts mod for Darthmod

Default RELEASED No-Forts mod for Darthmod

Alright, I'm fairly certain this is compatible with Darth Mod, but if someone could confirm, it would be nice.
    This mini-mod turns all siege battles into open field, and assuming (making an arse of you and me) that Darth hasn't seen fit to edit the battlefield building models, it should work just fine.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...91#post6038291

Note:
    To run with darthmod, the new.pack needs be listed under the empire script in appdata.
    Note 2:
    Please report any CTD's.
    Last edited by Santini; October 09, 2009 at 09:09 PM.

Default Re: [WIPz] No-Forts

If it works...Well awsome!

Can you do the towns???? that would be the best.

Oh, sorry!
    Town's included.
    Any type of siege battle is now a field battle.

OH MY! Thats awsome!

This is great. I tried to get this with my S&WF but couldn't. Well done.

Is there any way to give the defender (army that WOULD have had the fort) prepared fortifications? That would be the shizzle.

Forgot to ask, is this compatible with Vanilla?

In theory, yes.
    Just make sure to enable the .pack, and let me know if you have any issues.

Hi Santini , this is working fine for me in DM with 1.5. It's a great addition and I got some good battles out of it that would otherwise be just formalities.

Woot!
    Would someone mind sharing their modded script file, or posting what they did, so I can add it to the readme?

Default Re: [RELz] No-Forts

here's my batch file from DMUC

Empire.exe mod DMUC_Custom.pack;mod DMUC_Full_BSM.pack; mod new.pack; mod TighterFormations_1_4.pack; mod DARTHMOD.pack; mod DMUC_SkinPack.pack; mod tuca_music.pack;

I put your "new" file before Darth mod so it has precedence. For the user script I think it'll be pretty much the same. I dont want to try it with mod manager because i've got it working fine just like this with DMUC.

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Indus_Valley View Post
    here's my batch file from DMUC

Empire.exe mod DMUC_Custom.pack;mod DMUC_Full_BSM.pack; mod new.pack; mod TighterFormations_1_4.pack; mod DARTHMOD.pack; mod DMUC_SkinPack.pack; mod tuca_music.pack;

I put your "new" file before Darth mod so it has precedence. For the user script I think it'll be pretty much the same. I dont want to try it with mod manager because i've got it working fine just like this with DMUC.
    in a user script format that would look like this:

mod DMUC_Custom.pack;
    mod DMUC_Full_BSM.pack;
    mod new.pack;
    mod TighterFormations_1_4.pack;
    mod DARTHMOD.pack;
    mod DMUC_SkinPack.pack;
    mod tuca_music.pack;

Just FYI

hip63
    Last edited by hip63; October 10, 2009 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hip63 View Post

mod DMUC_Custom.pack;
    mod DMUC_Full_BSM.pack;
    mod new.pack;
    mod TighterFormations_1_4.pack;
    mod DARTHMOD.pack;
    mod DMUC_SkinPack.pack;
    mod tuca_music.pack;

Just FYI

hip63
    BTW, the tighter formations seems to make the unit numbers go back to Vanilla. I noticed after posting this. I removed it and got my numbers back. changing the order might help (?) but that's off topic.

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

nope, Tighter formations and darthmod try to alter some of the same tables so they are not compatible. BTW - Darthmod already has it's own version ot tighter formations, Maybe not as tight as the Tighter Formation Mod, but still much tighter than vanilla. If you want tighter formation, then you need to mod darthmod itself. Just like the additional mods I add to the DMUC, if it affects the troops stats, then you need a DM version of the mod.

hip63

Quote Originally Posted by hip63 View Post
    nope, Tighter formations and darthmod try to alter some of the same tables so they are not compatible. BTW - Darthmod already has it's own version ot tighter formations, Maybe not as tight as the Tighter Formation Mod, but still much tighter than vanilla. If you want tighter formation, then you need to mod darthmod itself. Just like the additional mods I add to the DMUC, if it affects the troops stats, then you need a DM version of the mod.

hip63
    that'd explain why my Prussian uniforms still look like crap. Thanks

I'm hoping noforts works for me now that I know that- I had no idea you needed to have a DM version of every mod.

Dear Santini,

You have given me hope again! I love this mod. Not only was I incredibly frustrated with the stupid-broken Ai when it came to sieges, but my computer lagged ridiculously. I play your mod with darthmod and am loving it since I stumbled upon your work. Fixed my lag, fixed the stupid AI, fixed my game + + + + rep

diadok's Avatar Senator

Icon5 Re: [RELz] No-Forts

yesterday i had CTD because of too many fighting around and into settlements.

i use "no fort mod", and it would be great to get another option : without city/settlements when sieging a city : because the settlements are too much inadapted to huge units : laggs, bugs, awfull pathfinfing, and sometimes CTD.
    it makes the battles too long and so boring, and when you have to do it again after 1h30 of fight because of CTD, it's horrible
    even with normal unit size, it was not really well optimized; i use DM unit size x 1.5, you can imagine how bad it is for pathfinfing

i try to fight the more possible out of city, but when i am the besieger, i don't get choice and have to go into city to disband AI units, and it is a real pain.

So, is it possible to get a battle without the city on the map, when sieging ?

You like EPIC battles ? watch Diadok's Gallery, play Epic Late Campaign for TATW 2.1
    "They rob the poor under the cover of law, forsooth, and we plunder the rich under the protection of our own courage." (Black Sam Bellamy)

Quote Originally Posted by diadok View Post

i use "no fort mod", and it would be great to get another option : without city/settlements when sieging a city : because the settlements are too much inadapted to huge units : laggs, bugs, awfull pathfinfing, and sometimes CTD.
    it makes the battles too long and so boring, and when you have to do it again after 1h30 of fight because of CTD, it's horrible
    even with normal unit size, it was not really well optimized; i use DM unit size x 1.5, you can imagine how bad it is for pathfinfing

i try to fight the more possible out of city, but when i am the besieger, i don't get choice and have to go into city to disband AI units, and it is a real pain.

I am 100% agree with you, actually it makes no sense play a battle with city`s/villages..
    One problem more, if you sieged a nation and you makes a battle, with huge or ultra settings AI defend ourself in warehouse where`s have a capacity from 200, the enemys army unit number is perhaps 300 - the result is that 200 in the house and 100 outside, these 100 cannot shoot or fighting, these 100 stands in any silly line and shows up the clouds or what the weather brings tommorrow or someting like that..

I wait of a Mod where removes all citys, all forts - without invisible pathfinding from a invisible fort

hooahguy14's Avatar Ducenarius

its not save-game compatible. and if it is, its not showing.
    well, let me re-iterate: you can load your save-game, but you still have forts and stuff like that, though you can make anymore.
    and it doesnt remove fortifications for cities, or the option for them at least.

are pre-existing walls and forts removed?
    so if i attack a city that has defenses will walls show up on the battlemap?
    Last edited by hooahguy14; February 02, 2010 at 12:44 PM.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: A Rome II Suebi AAR
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by diadok View Post

Yeah, I can do that, it might take me awhile however.

Also, it SHOULD be save game compatible- yes, fort's still show up on the campaign map, but when you fight the battles, they should be open field.

diadok's Avatar Senator

Icon14 Re: [RELz] No-Forts

great, take all the time you need of course
    the most important is to know that one day (in a galaxy far far away) the cities will been removed

You like EPIC battles ? watch Diadok's Gallery, play Epic Late Campaign for TATW 2.1
    "They rob the poor under the cover of law, forsooth, and we plunder the rich under the protection of our own courage." (Black Sam Bellamy)