Thread: Another question(s)

Default Another question(s)

A short while ago I installed my RTW/BI Gold Edition and then the RS 1.5c Full Install. All wokrked out without problems... and now I have two RS-icons on my desktop; one named "Roma Surrectum" and one "Roma Surrectum w BI". What´s the difference? Which one shall I use to start the game?

Have the diverse temples in the game the same benefits/bonuses like in the original RTW? Such as the Roman temple of Vulcan with public order bonus, weapon/armour upgrades and experience bonus for the troops?

Is the Roman light infantry related to the original town watch and adequate to provide a city´s garrison?

Thank you for your answers,
    Regards
    Marcel

intel's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Another question(s)

I guess you're polish Soooo...
    (please don't delete)

1. BI różni się od podstawki sztuczną inteligencją i paroma drobnymi zmianami, jednak poza AI nie ma żadnych większych zmian.
    2. Tak. Kliknij prawym przyciskiem na ikonę a zobaczysz jakie bonusy daje dana świątynia.
    3. Nie wiem

1)"Roma Surrectum" - uses RomeTW.exe, the original RTW engine
    "Roma Surrectum w BI" - uses RomeTW-BI.exe, the BI engine
    I'd suggest using the BI engine whith it's improvements over the original engine.
    2)More or less I guess, probably the bonuses have been changed (I really don't remember the vanilla).
    3)I use them as garrison troops (or velites - they got the lower upkeep).

edit: @intel - jeśli tak, no to polski temat się zrobił
    I'm sittin' here completely surrounded by no beer.

No ba!

Thank you for your answer(s).

No, I´m not from Poland. But nearly. I´m from Germany

Regards
    Marcel

So how did "Roma Surrectum w BI" appear on your computer? "w" is an polish pronoun...

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by intel View Post
    So how did "Roma Surrectum w BI" appear on your computer? "w" is an polish pronoun...
    At a guess I think its an abbreviation for 'with'.....

@Darkangel97
    2) Make sure that you have a read of the bonuses that the temple provides. It may be best to build one of each type in different settlements - also to check the bonus at different levels of the temple. I think they can change as they are upgraded (the bonus changes not the type of temple).

3) A lot depends upon your style of play. I don't expect garrisons to be able to beat off an attack for very long. I will sometimes put a number of archer units in a settlement if it has decent walls - I mainly do this for my 'front line' settlements. The archers should be able to destroy any siege equipment (apart from saps) that approaches. If I do this I will make sure that the settlement has infantry units as well. I will usually rely upon a nearby field army to attack anyone who lays siege to one of my settlements. Usually, the garrison should be enough to force the attacking army to lay siege for a few turns to build the siege equipment.
    Last edited by Brusilov; September 30, 2009 at 08:29 AM.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

'w/' is short for 'with'.

<<Un collègue; un ami.>>

Quote Originally Posted by Theoroshia View Post
    'w/' is short for 'with'.
    Yes it is, however I understand intel as it may be little confusing at first site because polish "w" equals the english "in". "Roma Surrectum in BI" would probably sound quite logical, wouldn't it? But then again, RS is not a "polish mod", so...
    And not to be fully off-topic:
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    (...) I will usually rely upon a nearby field army to attack anyone who lays siege to one of my settlements. Usually, the garrison should be enough to force the attacking army to lay siege for a few turns to build the siege equipment.
    I do the same thing. I have at least one field army nearby to break the siege before the enemy attacks. Garrisons mostly keep public order, they do not fight battles, unless there's no other way.
    I'm sittin' here completely surrounded by no beer.