Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: New preview of Dale

Vindahl's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: New preview of Dale

Again KK and the team sets new standards within modding...
    Great textures, the clothes, the faces, the shields and all the details on the units...
    Just amazing!
    This is no doubt my favourite mod of all time, and the beautiful work there has been laid in the mod really makes it a great great pleasure to play.
    Of course I also give +REP, but KK and the whole team deserves much more than just points and numbers... They deserve a huge hug...

Thanks for everything...
    Looking forward to the new patch...
    Under the Patronage of deRougemont.
    Belonging to the House of Wilpuri.

chriswhite's Avatar Civis

The faces on these are good as! Nice work!

These units look really great! Much better than the old ones! Good job!

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

I think a spesial reward/medal is required to entire RuTW team because their material in the hands of exelent and worthy members like KK give an entire new eesence to the M2TW mods!!!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Once again fantastic work ... but these skins are better than ETW .. and it's free!

Where's the catch?

Don't tell me this is a PJ self funded project!

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

both dale and eriador are becoming my favourite factions now
    good job

Quote Originally Posted by Rorarii View Post
    Where's the catch?
    How about a debilitating life ruining addiction? Once you've played tatw you cannot un-play it.

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Burke View Post
    Freakin' awesome! Maybe Rhûn won't step on Dale like an insignificant cockroach anymore. I especially like the Rhovanion Gadraughts and the oven-mitts that the swordsmen have.

One of the major changes to the roster is the introduction of the Aihwothiuda Horseguards who represent an ancestral connection to the Eotheod, Aiwothiuda is the Gothic word for the Old English Eotheod, which means 'horse-folk'. The Aihwothiuda are a much needed heavy cavalry which can meet Rhun's best cavalry units on their own terms. The concept I had in developing them was that they would play on this old reference in Tolkien that Eotheod as the northman kingdom of Rhovanion were the main regiment that fought or survived against the Wainriders. So this unit is intended to continue that kind of conflict between Rhun and Dale specifically.

TiTiTimmy's Avatar Centenarius

They are looking so nice +rep
    Wanted for:
    Breaking and gluing back together and trying to pass off as never being broken in the first place.
    Assault with a weapon that couldn't have possibly been deadly, but unfortunately was

"You know what they say: give a man a fish, and he'll stink up the whole town. Give a man a fishing rod -- see where I'm going here? Give him a fishing rod and he'll poke your eye out."

Rep goes both ways, just leave your name

Danny_K_1's Avatar Praefectus

Stunning units man, great, great work.

Brego's Avatar Ordinarius

Wow, amazing as always Keep up the good work Kong

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Is it just me or has his reputation stopped growing? Isn't it possible to get more that shows?

Beregond's Avatar TWC boomer

it's not just you, Brego

You should be proud. This shows an ongoing commitment to excellence and I'll tell you why: even with very minimal efforts the old units could have been put to shame, but instead of just settling for better you went the whole way and made them downright great. Acceptable would have been three steps up from the previous skins, so you've gone an extra five steps. Congrats and thanks for your selfless efforts.

I can't wait for new, non-ridiculous Eriador skins as well.

DjAci's Avatar Semisalis

I would like to ask the community for the opinion and the team for the information regarding a Dale unit wealding a BOW and a SPEAR. It was mentioned by Mithrandir as being a planned unit for Dale

Will it be among the 1 or 2 additional units?
    Last edited by DjAci; October 01, 2009 at 04:56 PM.
    I am slightly obsessed with longbows

Wow, this is simply amazing. I love the models, excellent work boys and girls.

One question though, where did the inspiration for the swords on the Swordsmen come from?

Looks amazingly like the one I'm buying soon

My pretty to-be http://globalgear.com.au/prod2841.htm

I have a reason to play Dale now.

Just kidding, I liked Dale before, but holy cow those units look amazing.

Hengest's Avatar It's a joke

Quote Originally Posted by DjAci View Post
    I would like to ask the community for the opinion and the team for the information regarding a Dale unit wealding a BOW and a SPEAR. It was mentioned by Mithrandir as being a planned unit for Dale

Will it be among the 1 or 2 additional units?
    Yes we did plan this, it was going to be called something like 'Esgaroth Borgshields', our idea was to have them look a little like cloaked Roman centurions with the Byzantine or Hird helmet and large pavisse style shields. Unfortunately it did not make KK's cut, which I can only assume was for balancing issues or maybe he felt it didn't work. There was a large pool of pretty heavily designed ideas and KK took up around 70% of them, I have no idea if he plans to implement anything from the other 30%.

Damn those are some sexy units!!! (no homo)

For some strange reason, i was expecting the re-do dale list to get cataphracts. Great job there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hross View Post
    Yes we did plan this, it was going to be called something like 'Esgaroth Borgshields', our idea was to have them look a little like cloaked Roman centurions with the Byzantine or Hird helmet and large pavisse style shields. Unfortunately it did not make KK's cut, which I can only assume was for balancing issues or maybe he felt it didn't work.
    It took me a while to chew through the "Borg\shields" and "cloaked Romulan" parts. First I thought it was a joke, then I thought you were actually serious, then I thought it was a joke again but then I concluded you were indeed serious. I admit I found myself a little disappointed.

I assume these are the Centurions you were referring to:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

They really do look like they're wearing chainmail avec plated skull caps. Just add spears, tower/pavise shields, bows and the "hide anywhere" attribute and you've got Dale sympathizing Cloaked Romulans pwning Rhun with plasma coated arrow heads and spear tips.
    Last edited by Jean=A=Luc; October 02, 2009 at 08:10 AM.