Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: New preview of Dale

Default Re: New preview of Dale

Quote Originally Posted by Hross View Post
    Yes we did plan this, it was going to be called something like 'Esgaroth Borgshields',
    I wouldn't necessarily think Dale needed another unit for gameplay reasons (they already have a pretty large roster compared to other factions) but some Esgartoth-related unit would be nice since Egaroth played an important role story-wise and had probably still some political independence - though I speculated, too, that it will have come in some kind of subordination after the rise of the kingdom of Dale. I mean Dale stretched "far east and south from Esgaroth" and in medieval terms king is higher than master...

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

Dale has now a very well-rounded roster, but I support a AoR Esgaroth unit that's more unique, bow/spear combo or perhaps a bow/axe combo.
    Last edited by Louis Lux; October 02, 2009 at 05:52 AM.

axnsan's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Brego View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Is it just me or has his reputation stopped growing? Isn't it possible to get more that shows?
    He only has about 1200 points. Why wouldn't it grow more?

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

King Kong should get a new award just for his greatness.

• Son of MasterBigAb; • Father of St. PolycarpeKahvipannuRadboudMhaedrosGeMiNi][SaNDy
    FlinnUndyingNephalimKAM 2150
    Charerg

Evan MF's Avatar Vicarius

Quote Originally Posted by Finlander View Post
    King Kong should get a new award just for his greatness.
    They should name an award after him!

The King Kong Award.

Cool units. They all look beautiful espacially the Athala rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    It took me a while to chew through the "Borg\shields" and "cloaked Romulan" parts. First I thought it was a joke, then I thought you were actually serious, then I thought it was a joke again but then I concluded you were indeed serious. I admit I found myself a little disappointed.

I assume these are the Centurions you were referring to:

They really do look like they're wearing chainmail avec plated skull caps. Just add spears, tower/pavise shields, bows and the "hide anywhere" attribute and you've got Dale sympathizing Cloaked Romulans pwning Rhun with plasma coated arrow heads and spear tips.
    Except he said Romans and not Romulans. That said, how cool would ST:TW be? You could make the battlefield/campaign maps black and punctuated by stars and city models could be changed to planet models--no sieges. You'd have to totally disable melee functions and make phaser and torpedo projectiles. If E:TW was worth anything you could use it and make different solar systems/quadrants their own theatres. The little horse and wagon trade animation could be changed to little Ferengi ships

Quote Originally Posted by Byz View Post
    Except he said Romans and not Romulans.
    There's something seriously wrong with me. I've read his post several times and every time my brain registered "Romulans" My dementia aside let's stay on topic please.
    Last edited by Jean=A=Luc; October 02, 2009 at 09:00 AM.

nice job, vast improvement on the old ones

Shocked's Avatar Campidoctor

OMG I LOVE THIS!
    The only small thing that bothers me (and it isn't super important)
    can dale swordmasters not all look identical? thx KK

The Edain's Avatar Vicarius

Only just noticed this, havnt been in the TATW for a loongg while, Great improvment KK
    +rep and keep the work up
    |Windows 7 user||College Student|
    |Anime Fan||Xbox 360 Owner|Photoshop user|

DjAci's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    Dale has now a very well-rounded roster, but I support a AoR Esgaroth unit that's more unique, bow/spear combo or perhaps a bow/axe combo.
    Well I give my support for SPEAR/BOW combo, it would be very unique and would be very useful for Dale since their units do not offer something unique gameplaywise. This would be a nice refreshment.
    I am slightly obsessed with longbows

I think they are great, but they lack an element of elitness. They need a more royal, ceremonial type of unit, like Gondor Fountain Guards.

The Barding Hirds certainly look like they fill the role. The new Dale units are looking great, the only small gripe I have is their only cavalry options are a bunch of peasants on horses, and heavy cataphracts, without something in the middle.
    I shouldn't have to live in a world where all the good points are horrible ones.

Is he hurt? Everybody asks that. Nobody ever says, 'What a mess! I hope the doctor is not emotionally harmed by having to deal with it.'

Louis Lux's Avatar Into the Light
    Patrician

they have light (yeomen) mailed (horseguard) and plated (earls of Dale), I think that covers all the basis.

And if the earls are not elite I don't know what is.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Lux View Post
    they have light (yeomen) mailed (horseguard) and plated (earls of Dale), I think that covers all the basis.

And if the earls are not elite I don't know what is.
    Earls are high members of Dale society.

There has to be a more spiritual/holy/ceremonial type like Gondor Fountain Guards, like bodyguards.

And the 'mailed' horsemen are cataphract because they are completely covered in it. We need a slightly more lightly armoured type...

I think a more ceremonial oriented unit is more fitting to Gondor with its thousand of years old military tradition than Dale which was rebuild only a few years ago. They have traditional units too, like the rangers and the horseguards but these are still used to constant fight for survival. There was no safe fortress where generations could spend their life with guarding the holy halls. I actual think the more "practical" and battle-worn look of these units is very fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes Trismegistos View Post
    I think a more ceremonial oriented unit is more fitting to Gondor with its thousand of years old military tradition than Dale which was rebuild only a few years ago. They have traditional units too, like the rangers and the horseguards but these are still used to constant fight for survival. There was no safe fortress where generations could spend their life with guarding the holy halls. I actual think the more "practical" and battle-worn look of these units is very fitting.
    I see what you mean...

Yet what about a unit inbetween the cataphract (mailed) cavalry and yeoman cavalry. Like a semi-mailed cavalry: Bardian Marksmen?

Dale is a Kingdom that is organised in its military force (not like Eriador), yet their uniforms and weapons are not defined in the movies (like Rohan and Gondor). So why not add even more diversity from the typical 'sword' unit, they already have added diversity but here are some more weapons that I think would make them more unique:

Bill - name of one of Dales generals!!!!

Bardiche - even has the name BARD in it!!!!

Halberds - almost has the name BARD in it!!!!

Last edited by Evan MF; October 02, 2009 at 03:02 PM.

Whoa :O! This is great!