Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Curia Hostilia: Consulate of Postumus/Romanus

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

Default Re: Curia Hostilia: Consulate of Postumus/Romanus

ooc so how much does that mean i have?

Armenius marched into the Curia, 12 lictors following behind. The March caused an uproar of turining heads, eager to see what was amiss. Armenius made a Traditional Roman Salute.The Lictors also returned it.

"Consul Armenius returned from active War Time Duty, Fellow Senators."
    ~YATS Info: Lvcius Armenivs Romanvs - 28 (Patrician)~

Hesus de bodemloze's Avatar The Gaul
    Civitate Patrician Content Emeritus

What is he doing here, Soulinus whispers to one of the senators near him.
    Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae :
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

"Senator aren't you supposed to be still in Illyria, like...conquering it?"

As he said those words, a messenger arrived with news from the East.

My fellow Senators,

I write you all for the first time in a long time, a fact that I regret much, but given the circumstances of the last months it had nearly been impossible to do it. However, much has occurred, and I'm sure you are all eager to know about our province in the East.

In Macedon, the plague that once attacked Pella has expanded to the South, and even if it has left its original zones of influence, the city of Thesallonica now is the main point of infection. I have isolated the city, making sure none of my troops enter or leave, which has certainly had an impact in trade, but is a necessary action, given that almost a thousand men have died in just some months.

Meanwhile, I also wish to inform you that the Thracian tribes have invaded the Northern regions of our domains. At first I was worried that yet an other enemy would come for us, but they have sent diplomat asking for trade rights with us, to which I have gladly accepted.

On other news, I have been informed of strange circumstances occurring in Rhodos. At first, I was informed of an Egyptian fleet that had moved near the coast of Asia minor. Then, not much later, I was told that the Egyptians had in fact invaded us, and had sent thousand of men into the island, some reports even claimed that they had sieged the city!

However, they were proved to be nothing but rumors. Here are the true facts. During this time, a powerful storm has moved from the East, and found its way into our land. At that moment, the Egyptian fleet was moving troops from Cyprus into Crete, with the supposed objective of reinforcing the region from Greek sailors and other pirate incursions. Needless to say, the Egyptians found themselves trapped by Neptune's wrath. After a hard trip, the Egyptians travelled closer to the coast of Anatolia, where the waters would be calmer. But unfortunately, the were chased by the storm, losing, they say, many of their ships. The admiral saw no other choice but to come approach the island, and stay there until the weather improved. So, of course you can guess what came next. Hundreds of Egyptian ships, carrying thousands of soldiers landed in the port of Rhodos, causing many fools to believe that we were being invaded by our allies.

Now, the Egyptians have left the island, and have offered a small remuneration from the problems they caused us. That concludes that problem.

I, however, have some not so good news. As that was occurring, a small Greek army landed in one of our islands, only to leave again very quickly. If that was caused by the same storm that made the Egyptians land in our land, I cannot know, but the fact that we are defenseless to the ships of our foe is certainly a worrying matter. If I must say, I think it is time that we build a Roman fleet, one capable of matching that of the Carthaginians, Egyptians, Greeks or Seleucids, and of course, the pirates of our seas. As for this matter, the new legions in Macedon could be used for us to cross into Byzantium, the last bastion of Greek power in the continent. If we are to take the city, they would only have a few lands in the East, and their islands, from where they could not harm us anymore.

Finally, concerning the Seleucid incursion in our land, my men and I found the Seleucid troops. After we trapped them, I ordered them to leave the Roman territories, but, knowing the would be defeated by my troops, they quickly fled without fighting, and moved North, were they attacked the town of Sardis, officially causing a war between the two of us. Now, my troops have eliminated their laughable army, and moved East, were we have taken the Seleucid town of Adana.
    ooc: sorry for not providing a full battle report, i don't have time atm.
    ic:

Now, however, the bulk of the Seleucid army is approaching, reason why I must prepare for a hard battle against the largest Empire of the East. Wish me luck, senators.

May the gods bless you all,

Pb. Claudius Dives, Proconsul of the East.
    ooc does anybody know how to use the force diplomacy mod? The Egyptians don't want to accept a peace agreement.
    Last edited by Ozy; October 03, 2009 at 06:07 PM.

The lictors exited the Curia and Armenius took a seat.

"I clearly stated in my report I was returning to Rome. Also, I was under clear orders to conquer the Illyrian Capital, and not any farther. The Rest is up to Pro-Consul Dives to finish. Did no one know of my orders?"

Armenius' face remained firm, showing complete seriousness.

OOC: YtC, just hit the question mark when you have entered all your offer and hit the ask offer button and they should accept, even if it does'nt look like anything happened when you hit the question mark.

Geganius looked at Armenius, wondering where he had gotten such an idea.

"When did we pass such law, Consul? These are the only two laws that state something about the invasion of Illyria:

Senatus Consultum de Bellum cum Dalmatium

II. The Consul Romanus is hereby empowered, with the legions under his command, to take the war to the enemy, to conquer his lands and to occupy his cities, until he should either surrender or be rendered powerless and defeated.

and

II. The consul is allowed to take one legion out of Italie to invade Illyria, he is allowed to ask the senate for a second one if he needs the extra forces. The senate will vote on this matter after they receive a request. (i added this to not waste more time).

The only piece of Law that says something about the Proconsul states "The Proconsul of the East shall invade Illyria from the South, trying to combine his stategy with the Consul's," nowhere does it say that the Proconsul is supposed to take the South. Now, Senator, I would suggest that you took your men and finished this war!"

Quote Originally Posted by YtC View Post
    Geganius looked at Armenius, wondering where he had gotten such an idea.

"When did we pass such law, Consul? These are the only two laws that state something about the invasion of Illyria:

Senatus Consultum de Bellum cum Dalmatium

II. The Consul Romanus is hereby empowered, with the legions under his command, to take the war to the enemy, to conquer his lands and to occupy his cities, until he should either surrender or be rendered powerless and defeated.

and

II. The consul is allowed to take one legion out of Italie to invade Illyria, he is allowed to ask the senate for a second one if he needs the extra forces. The senate will vote on this matter after they receive a request. (i added this to not waste more time).

The only piece of Law that says something about the Proconsul states "The Proconsul of the East shall invade Illyria from the South, trying to combine his stategy with the Consul's," nowhere does it say that the Proconsul is supposed to take the South. Now, Senator, I would suggest that you took your men and finished this war!"

"Hmm. It would appear so. No need for such a tone. It seems Proconsul Dives has informed me wrong."

Armenius' face turned into a frown.

"It would appear I should disembark."

Armenius and his lictors marched out of the Curia.

OOC: Lol, I honestly forgot I was supposted to conquer all of Illyria.

A man in his military tunic walks true the doors of the great hall. Several senators look up when they hear the footsteps that resound on the marble floor of the house. Some of the men in the room recognise the man standing in front of them, it was Consul Quintus Volero Postumus who has returned from North Africa.

Senators the war with Carthage is over. There final struggle is over, we can sleep save in our houses freed from these demons. They will harm us no more. After lifting the siege of Hippo Regius the second legion marched on to Cirta. We sieged this city from where they had send the army that destroyed crops and farms in the Numidian region. The siege lasted for two months before we could push true with a final assault on the walls. The rams breached true the walls and the cohorts forced there way in to kill every men that carried a weapon. The blood shed lasted for hours before finally laying down its deadly waste.

After the cities surrender i ordered the extermination of a large amount of the populos to prevent them to form a new army and to set an example for other nations that Rome will not tolerate aggression against it's citizens.

I ordered the construction of an Subiugatio to ensure Romanization in this mountainous desert land, i also left legio II Augusta to guard the city until a magistrate is send to investigate the needs of North Africa and there reassignment.

ooc I killed there faction leader witch made the remaining two cities go rebel style.
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    The Writers Study|Ex-Global Moderator|Moderation Mentor| Ex - Librarian of the Scriptorium|PoTW|MAARC|ToTW
    SPQR Forum Moderator

Excellent news! Consul Postumus should be called Africanus, from this day on, for his great victory! However I think we should finish the conquest of the new independant states that formed after the death of the Carthaginian ruler.

We should try to negotiate with them, they form no threat for us at this point of view. We should focus our attention on more pressing matters.

Soulinus seated again.
    Hesus 's Photo Gallery
    SPQR Forum Moderator

And wait for them to grow strong, so they can threaten us again? Nay I say! Let's take those lands and make Africa our for once!

I propose the following:

I) Consul Postumus will take his troops and conquer all the lands that belonged to the now gone Carthaginian Empire.

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

I agree, the mere memory of Carthage must be ground into the dust!

I support the motion and also the naming of Posthumus "Africanas" but only once he has taken all of Africa in our name.

I propose the following:
    I) Consul Posthumus will be given the honourary title "Africanus" once all cities previously held by the Carthaginians are captured for Rome.

Senators, what should we do with these cities, I would have the people slaughtered in memory of the men lost to our foolish enemies. Let their heads be put on display as a reminder of the price of opposing Rome.
    We should rip the temples of their false Gods to the ground and begin to introduce true romans into Africa.
    YATS NAME: Marcus Calpurnius Bestia - 52 [Plebeian]

Aye, aye and AYE!

The wise Festinius speaks the words of our people, who seek to see those who did wrong to us destroyed! We should take them all at once, no mercy to those barbarians!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123