Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Diadochi - TW: Release v1.1 Full

RedFox's Avatar When it's done.™

Default Diadochi - TW: Release v1.1 Full

The SECOND official Full release of Diadochi - TW is here. It's still not perfect, but it ends the fiasco of previous patches, providing a clean base to play with. You can always visit the Screenshots thread for some visuals.
    Appropriate Suggestions & Ideas, Bugs & Issues can be reported in their respective threads. And of course, you can discuss the current release in this Thread.

Without further adue:
    DOWNLOAD v1.1 FULL RTW\BI\ALX + CUMULATIVE PATCH v1.16

Installing Diadochi - TW v1.1 + Patch 1.16

-) Options
    : There are three options included in the 1.1 Full version of DTW:

- Increased population growth - You should use this if you like to play on 200 unit size. This is to prevent settlements running out of people.

- Reduced AI Experience bonus - AI by default is quite useless, so I've given slight experience bonuses, so they will fare better in battles. Disable those if you want slightly less challenging AI. The experience bonus is not too severe and makes the game more challenging to play.

- Increase AI Experience bonus - If you're a hardcore veteran who exploits every known AI weakness and wants to give the AI a chance, then this option will give all AI units +6 exp by default. Be prepared for utterly unfair battles for the whole game.

-) Another install option is available during the installation of the 1.16 patch:

- 4 Turn per Year - Pretty much self explainatory.

If you don't like an option you have previously selected, you should reinstall the latest patch selecting the optional features you want.

-) Installation Directory

By default, the installer will check the registry for an appropriate installation directory, which should be the /Rome - Total War/ folder. If it doesn't, just manually point the installer to the directory where RomeTW.exe is found.
    The installer will check whether the directory is correct or not and will prompt for abort if it cannot find RomeTW.exe (incorrect directory).

The mod will be installed in a mod-folder 'DTW'.

Playing Diadochi - TW

-) The Menu

At the start of a campaign, you will have to opportunity to toggle fatigue on/off and also change unit sizes to 25/50/100/200
    Under Options -> Game Settings, you can find additional tweaks to adjust for best game experience.
    It is also recommended to leave the advisor level at low.

-) Starting a new Campaign

With this release I included 4 independent campaigns. You have the option of selecting from a range of well balanced and fun to play factions. At the start of each game, an advisor will pop up to trigger the Diadochi TW Background script.

The available Campaigns in this release:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Imperial Campaign:
    279 - 146 BC
    Focus on the Mediterranean and Hellenistic world of warfare. Superbly balanced campaign that provides more fun than it should.

Wars of the Diadochi:
    305 - 255 BC
    Focus on the Diadochi wars fought against Antigonos the One Eyed. This campaign isn't finished or balanced, but it still provides an excellent experience.

Pyrrhic Wars: 279 - 146 BC
    Focus on Italy and Greece, the Pyrrhic Wars follows the struggles of Pyrrhus of Epirus through various kingdoms. Double sized map, several new settlements added. Even though this campaign hasn't received any balancing, it is still an unique experience and fun to play. Last but not least, Sparta is playable as its own faction in this Campaign.

Sons of Mars: 328 - 282 BC
    Focusing on the Latin Wars and the Rise of Rome, this campaign is solely focused on Rome and its rise for power. Unfortunately, this campaign is incomplete, but can be played nevertheless.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a short description of some interesting factions to play with:

The Kingdom of Epirus:
    At the start of the campaign the player will instantly step into battle against the might of Rome. The battle of Asculum uses a specially adjusted custom tile to set out the historical battle. Pyrrhus will have to fight uphill against the Roman forces. Victory will not be easy, but in the hands of a skilled general, history can repeat itself once more.

The Republic of Rome:
    At the start of the campaign, the player immediately faces the threat of Pyrrhus of Epirus. The battle of Asculum uses a specially adjusted custom tile to set out the historical battle. Even though Romans have the higher ground, Pyrrhus is blessed with the better troops. The outcome of this battle will decide how well the start of your Roman campaign will go. If you loose without making a big difference, you will face loosing a few cities. If you manage to defeat Pyrrhus - a feat only a few veterans on VH/VH have managed, you will find the rest of your conquest much easier to handle.

The People of Aedui:
    Gauls are a very fun to play faction. Right from the beginning they are in an interesting position between Rome and other barbarians. This campaign will not be easy, but it will be fun sacking Roman settlements and fighting off other Gallic and Idependent tribes.

The Achaean League:
    In the shadow of Antigonos Gonatas of Macedonia, there is Aratus of Sicyon leading a small league that could stop the spread of Macedonian power into Achaia. To achieve this, he must use brute force and skill of arms to defeat both the Spartans and the Macedonians. Historically the League failed against the might of Macedon and even a skilled player might suffocate under the onslaught of Macedonian armies.

The Kingdom of Pergamum:
    After the defeat of Lysimachus and the crumbling of his Empire, generals still loyal to his cause managed to hold Pergamum. The Seleucids are preparing for a new attack and only a strong leader can hope to defeat the mighty Seleucid empire. Historically, the Attalids (the Pergamid dynasty) managed conquer half of Asia Minor and allied with Romans against many common enemies such as Macedon and the Seleucids. After defeating Seleucids with the help of Romans, Kingdom of Pergamum fell into decline and passed its territories on to Rome.

League of Greek Cities:
    A small band of Greek Cities has formed a League of sorts to fend off powerful new foes and hopefully restore their long lost greatness. This is the classic Greek Cities campaign and is a must play for everyone.

Independent Greek City States:
    A faction weakened by centuries of warfare has a chance to restore its power in the mediterranean. Independent Greeks are spread over many lands, making them isolated and easy prey to invading armies. Only a skilled general can test his luck in this campaign where almost everyone are enemies.

-) Campaign, Custom And Multiplayer Battles
    When starting a new Custom Battle, you have the option to toggle fatigue on/off and under advanced settings, unit size can be changed to 25/50/100/200.
    Most units have been cost balanced resulting in well polished unit rosters, perfect for competitive Multiplayer play.

Every faction except Romans has a cheap levy unit that can be recruited in 0 turns (meaning you can stack 10 of them together in the recruitment pool and get them in 1 turn). This unit, though, is rather useless and poorly armoured. It is good to hold weak points of your line, where you need to keep the enemy busy. If they are faced against regular Heavy Infantry, they will get slaughtered.

Hoplite style units have very high defense in this mod, making them excellent troops to hold the battleline. Their attack though, is relatively weak, this means you will need to deploy excellent cavalry to accompany your Phalanx units, or you will not succeed. Flanking is very important.

Fatigue has been tweaked to reasonable limits, so having fatigue On, is no longer a hindrance, but provides decent realism.

The Greek unit roster has been completely remade, featuring many new excellent units. Kudos to Maraxus for his hard work on this!

-) Features
    A small number of new features have been added to Diadochi. Here's a description of how to use those new features.

Wooden Walls: New level 2 walls are walkable and half the height of Stone Walls. These walls are still fragile and can be knocked down by rams, but provide extra tactics and new possibilities. It will also make defending settlements much more fun.

Colonies and Culture: Each region has its own cultural settings. Initially all cultures are divided to three groups: Western Civilized, Eastern Civilized and Barbarian Customs.
    The easiest way to boost the spread of you own culture in any region is to either build Law Temples or bring in Generals with the proper culture trait.
    The other way is to establish your own Colonies in the region - this is ultimately essential in any conquered regions. There are four basic groups of colonies: Small Colonies, Large Colonies, Independent Colonies and Native Colonies.
    In order to build new faction specific buildings, you need the proper cultural colonies. A Native Settlement can build any factional buildings it has, but Small Colonies can only build basic structures.
    As a special faction, Egypt has the ability to choose from 2 cultural paths - either the native Eastern, or the Ptolemaic Western culture. Depending on which culture is chosen, different units will be available.

Cultural Barracks: With the new implementation of cultural buildings, barracks have been adapted with the new system. There are essentially four groups of barracks:
    - Auxiliary Barracks: Train region specific mercenaries and native units.
    - Roman Barracks: For Roman factions
    - Greek Barracks: For Greek, Baktrian and Egyptian factions
    - Eastern Barracks: For Eastern, Carthaginian and Egyptian factions
    - Barbarian Barracks: For all Barbarian factions

Each Barracks will require the presence of a certain Colony, so if you are playing as Greeks and conquer a barbarian territory, you will need to build Greek Colonies there, or you will not be able to advance the settlement. Building Colonies is easy, but takes time.
    Auxiliary Barracks do not require any colonies, but are sometimes useless for there are no native units to train (yet).
    There are 5 levels of barracks:
    - Militia Barracks: Only Levy units can be trained
    - City Barracks: Only City(+Levy) level units can be trained
    - Army Barracks: Only Army(+City) level units can be trained
    - Royal Barracks: Only Royal(+Army) level units can be trained
    - Reform Barracks: Only Royal and Reform units can be trained

Each Barrack system will provide a different array of troops to recruit. Essentially you can have a properly functioning Levy army from the ground up, but its quality will not be as good.
    With each level that is added, a different unit roster will be available, with only a small selection of previous level troops. In non-native areas, units will appear 1 level later. For example, a Militia Barracks unit will make its first appearance in City Barracks.

Once you have conquered a region, unless its of the same culture you are in (eg: Greek vs Greek), you will have to build new colonies and new barracks, specific to your culture only.

-) Additional Features
    Diadochi - TW features 46 unique music tracks. A complete set of new skies. Beautiful new campaign map textures and completely new battlemap textures.
    This alone revives the old RTW engine to a whole new level, not yet seen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -) Faction Unit Previews

Some miscellaneous units:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is pretty much all there is to Diadochi - Total War v1.1 Full. All that is left to do, is to try this mod out and enjoy to its fullest!
    Last edited by Spartan 666; November 19, 2010 at 05:28 PM.

Default Re: Diadochi - TW: Release v1.1 Full

Excellent job guys!
    Looks like i will play your great mod again
    ps: i love hetairoi cavalry!
    One of the best and beauitiful mods!
    thx!

my internet explorer is failing to load the page. i can see the page in the background, but can't access it at all, with an error message saying it failed to load..

just my machine?

Well well just as I was about to install the mod

anyone else getting the "operation aborted" message?

rollinnse: The installer clearly says that you should close all other applications before continuing.

I think it's more a problem loading the FileFront page...

Rollinse, try another browser, IE sucks!!

okay ya, i tried again; this time making sure that all apps were closed, and even went into processes and closed all non essentials there.

same result.

@spartan: does that mean that i just cant download the new 1.1 with my browser?

The file itself is in an archive, so if you can extract the .zip file, it should work fine. An error during the installer itself could point to a faulty processor or faulty installation of Windows.

I would advise you to delete everything from C:\Documents and Settings('Users' on vista)\myUserName\Local Settings(hidden folder)\Temp

That might help.

The latest patch is in this one?

and what are the install instructions for Steam RTW Gold users? cause i do know i had to fiddle with the Megas Alexandros and RTR Platinum shortcuts for them to work...

Watch some of me replays for RTW http://www.youtube.com/user/TeutonicJoe

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Domitianus View Post
    The latest patch is in this one?
    Yes, and more.

Expand your borders, a mod based on XGM 5.

So you can play as the IGCS now?
    Big "Diadochi:Total War" fan! Click HERE to download the full game, and the latest patch!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythos_Ruler View Post
    "Lesbians" are people from Lesbos. The reason we call homosexual women "lesbians" today was because of the famous poet Sapho from Lesbos who extolled the virtues of female love. Just some FYI.

-) Cumulative Patch v1.11
    v1.11
    - Added installer log: DTW\install.log
    - Improved installer code, hopefully fixing some bugs
    - Crashing campaigns on BI fixed

EmperorBatman999's Avatar I say, what, what?

I'm confused, I though the full release was 1.1 then the patches went to 1.4 or something, this is the latest version?
    Ok, I just installed, but as I watched it install, I saw "Copy Failed" come up as I was downloading, is this supposed to happen?

Woops, downloaded patch and not full, i'm going mad!
    Now I'm wondering, do I DL patch 1.11 after I get 1.1 FULL?
    Last edited by EmperorBatman999; October 13, 2009 at 08:23 PM.

It's simple. 1.0 and all its patches have been packed in a new full download, which is 1.1. Then a new patch has been released, 1.11.

So, you have to unistall your old copy of DTW, download 1.1 and install it, then 1.11 and install it.

EmperorBatman999: Some simple math:

1.0 < 1.06 < 1.1 < 1.11

As you can see, in 1.11 , the first number in bold 1, shows the design version of DTW - which in this case is the first, aka 1. The second number 1 shows the revision number of the design version. In this case, it's the first complete revision. The third number 1 shows the minor patch order number. Since this is the first patch for revision 1, it gets the number 1.

I don't understand how there's anything complicated to it... It's all self explanatory.

11 > 06 ...

-) Cumulative Patch v1.12
    v1.12
    - Fixed crash regarding RTW 1.5 version
    - Pikes now more effective against cavalry

Hi RedFox!
    Did you made any changes to the Celts in the cumulative patch?

If I did, I would've written it into the changelog. So that's a no.

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast