Thread: Silly greeks

sirfiggin's Avatar Senator

Default Silly greeks

get this, on H/H settings, after 7 years of campaigning, Vandals gone, Burgundians gone, Vandals in their final province, Constantine's empire crushed, the Franks are on the far bank of the Rhine and the Huns...I don't know what the Huns are doing, playing tiddly-winks over the Danube, maybe.
    On every front, the western empire is reclaiming it's glory....and for some reason, the East declares war. They have more men, more arms, a ridiculous amount of money, yet the Sassanids have taken Syria, all of it, and Cappadocia (I was curious when they declared war on me, thought they might have pushed to Ctesiphon before they pull such a foolish stunt, but they were on the retreat! Now Moesia is a bloodbath, three armies have been crushed there but Sirmium still stands.Aetius has taken Dyracchium and Athens with little trouble and...
    It's all so depressing.
    The Duke of Dunwich and surrounding fiefdom

For any who are interested by my FF on occurrences in Rhun and beyond; I have begun a new project (not because the old one is finished, just opening more room for ideas) about one of the minor characters, Rankal. It is in the Third Age AAR index and here is the link http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=376994

Default Re: Silly greeks

Its the AI, but the East may have declared war because you have a settlement that is in their win conditions...

didn't move outside my boundaries at all, I swear...unless, do they need Carthage or Rome? I'll check. But still, considering I was on the up, Sassanids were far too past the frontier, and they had as much money and manpower as they needed, why start another war? madness

For any who are interested by my FF on occurrences in Rhun and beyond; I have begun a new project (not because the old one is finished, just opening more room for ideas) about one of the minor characters, Rankal. It is in the Third Age AAR index and here is the link http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=376994

Echbart's Avatar Decanus

AI is sometimes quite not tactical......

true...unless they hoped to catch me off guard before the armies could respond... not aggressive enough, though

This is what has put me off TW games again and again... that bloody gamey AI which cares much less about the survival, much less well-being of it's own realm than to present the player with a "challenge".

Oh, for a TW game in which each faction pursues policies beneficial to itself, rather than harmful to the player...

Having said that, the Eastern Empire was certainly not beyond screwing the Western Empire over if they for once seemed to be doing well... but they wouldn' do that with the Sassanids on the rampage in Syria and Cappadocia.

All in all, the ERE would need a more defensive set of goals... maybe just some target territories in Mesopotamia.
    Last edited by The Yogi; September 30, 2009 at 09:10 AM.

that's what they have, they should really only look eastwards. Medieval 2 AI is better, as is EOD