Thread: Quick question about game flow

Default Quick question about game flow

I was wondering how i would be able to have huge battles without the game slowing down or lagging. The game slows down when reinforcements arrive for both sides; i think putting the unit total to around 16,000(about 8,000 for each side). Would a better memory card fix this? More memory space? Im not that great with computers so please mind your terminology. Oh, and i do know to turn things off like grass and what not. Thanks.

PurPul's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Quick question about game flow

Can you list your specs? Prcessor?, video card?

And if you have a large battle, do this: Move the camera behing your units(looking away) if you can move it around without to much lag, and then it lags when you face your troops, its the video card problem. If it lags no matter what, it might be the whole system.

Del Valle's Avatar Senator

RTW is very inefficient, so even if you have incredible specs, the game can still lag. In general, the best thing you can do is tone down video settings. You do this by going to Options in the opening RTW menu and then Video Settings, and then clicking on Advanced options. There you will be able to tone down settings like grass or unit detail to low or none.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Vegetation is the big killer of graphics cards.

With many systems it's a compromise with wanting 'epic' (many men) or 'quality' (high graphics). When I was playing RTW based mods with an older PC with an ATI X800XT card I would always choose the largest unit size and compromise with quality.

You need a decent processor and amount of memory to move all the men around on the battlefield.

RTW is an oldish game so it won't take advantage of multiple core CPUs.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here