Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Roma Surrectum II: New Battlemap Environment (2)

Default Re: Roma Surrectum II: New Battlemap Environment (2)

Thanks guys.
    Highland winter:

Last edited by tone; October 19, 2009 at 07:35 AM.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

phenomenal work Tone!

Assyria Total War Leader and Skinner
    My Coin Collection (still need to upload a lot more)

+rep if you like my post and put down your name so I can return the favor
    Join the group "Hummus Lovers" if you happen to love hummus, duh!

something a bit like that.....I think we can probably improve on them though. I'll get on and do something to that climate once I'm done with the "highland" one. Just a few shrubs and rocks and a little grass updating to do.

Under patronage of Spirit of Rob; Patron of Century X, Pacco, Cherryfunk, Leif Erikson.

Amazing work! Any idea on when the graphic improvements will be completed?

Art by Joar

Not sure...for some climates it's a question of tweaking the pattern and layout of trees (e.g. semi-arid, mediterranean), for others (fertile and infertile grassland) there's probably a few new trees that need to be made. Maybe another 2-3 weeks? I hope it's not any more than that. Cedars are something that need some improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    Not sure...for some climates it's a question of tweaking the pattern and layout of trees (e.g. semi-arid, mediterranean), for others (fertile and infertile grassland) there's probably a few new trees that need to be made. Maybe another 2-3 weeks? I hope it's not any more than that. Cedars are something that need some improvement.
    Sounds good. I'll be looking forward to their completion; and once again, a very good job

Art by Joar

Some of the environments are ready for shooting some of your videos already....dense forest, open forest at least.

Great work again tone

intel's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Enjoy RSII forests are some of the best-looking forest in games overall Oblivion is waaayyy behind RSII. Even screenshots don't give RSII (and tone in particular) full credit.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

pssst. that forest you've got there is out of date! Looks like you've got the dense temperate forest climate which is now this:

WOW... That's really a forest... Even after all those many screens, it's still amazing

intel's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Out of date? So it's even more beautiful?
    I believe that it's a different forest type and climate(coniferous forest rather than deciduous forest) But I'll check

A bit of an improvement to the snowy trees in the alpine climate:

D.B. Cooper's Avatar Tribunus

Trees honestly sucked in RTW and now you've made them better than Med2, it's a true forest, good show!

I love the amount of effort that's been put in to create realistic battlefields. This really is a revolution in modding. I've honestly never seen a better looking environment in any game - I literally cannot think of one.

One word.

CA should hire you.

I dont know how many words that is though.

Thanks. As I was explaining to one of the team, all I'm trying to do is capture something of the beauty of God's creation.

Maybe some of these games designers need to go out and do a bit of trekking!

Quote Originally Posted by tone View Post
    Thanks. As I was explaining to one of the team, all I'm trying to do is capture something of the beauty of God's creation.

Maybe some of these games designers need to go out and do a bit of trekking!
    That's really the best part - all these are true to life - or as true as the engine will allow. Seeing the natural world's diversity represented as faithfully as the factions - that is a wonderful thing.

what about the waters? Will ice be implemented or is that not possible?

Also, will there be seasonal variation in buildings like snow covered roofs?

Crusades
    Historical fiction - Fifty Tales from Rome

Can YOU dance like the Cookie Man?
    Improbe amor quid non mortalia pectora cogis? - The Aeneid
    I run an Asteroid mining website. Visit it before James Cameron takes it from me.