Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: MTW XL Mod

VikingHorde's Avatar Tiro

Originally posted by Dev16@Jul 28 2004, 02:52 PM
    The Muslims need a better defence, Almohads always loose the war with Spanish. It is ok that the Spanish can drive them out of Spain but they annihilate them EVERY TIME. Almohads were not that weak. In fact they were not weak at all. Something has to be done to make it a lot harder for Spanish to conquer them in Africa. Maybe Almohads need some units that would counter Spanish Jinettes. And I also think that land route from Spain to Maroco should be disabled and added Almohad ships so that they could cross. The Spanish didn't have any fleet down there. The same thing should be done with landroute between Wessex and Flanders (the French conquer Britain almost every time). The Turks also need help but i have no ideas while I think the Egyptians are fine.
    The landbriges has been removed and only the almohads and english got ships in the beta

I will try and find some more muslim units on the internet. They should be somewere..

Dev16

The landbriges has been removed and only the almohads and english get ships
    Cool, that will bring more balance among factions.

*cheers*

adding units to "counter" the jinetes would just make the alohmads run the spanish over quicker. I think removing the bridge there is sufficient.

Give rep! For i have none.

If you need any ideas for Irish/Scottish unique units let me know, and I'll send you some ideas.

Dev16

adding units to "counter" the jinetes would just make the alohmads run the spanish over quicker. I think removing the bridge there is sufficient.
    Perhaps you're right. I just thought that they (almohads) need a lot of help since they always get ran over, but removing landbridge might be enough.

AJSM

It´s a great mod, congratulations, vikinghorde.

A question:

How can i build peasants?, because in the 1.2, building the muster field, they appeared, but now that build doesn´t appear

If you need any ideas for Irish/Scottish unique units let me know, and I'll send you some ideas.
    I could use some ideas, becouse I don't have that meny ideas for new units. Finding new units for all factions is hard, so any historycal correct unit that you have is good.

How can i build peasants?, because in the 1.2, building the muster field, they appeared, but now that build doesn´t appear
    They have become rebel only, becouse the AI was too bussy building them. They might be added againg if I learn how to setup the prod. files.

Magestryn

hopefully there can be other places ot download this... the 3d downloads is slow :-(

They have become rebel only, becouse the AI was too bussy building them. They might be added againg if I learn how to setup the prod. files.
    Nice. That's gonna put a lot of balancing. It frustrated me to see France build a HUGE army of peasants and roll over England and the HRE by sheer numbers.

Could it be also possible to remove the basic spearmen at High? You know, just so the other factions won't be training them too.
    Same goes for all 'feudal' units in Late (no feudal men-at-arms or feudal sergeants and the likes). This would force the AI to reluctantly build more advance units *knight*

But it could be too much trouble too. Removing the peasants might prove enough.

Originally posted by Rusty Catapult@Jul 29 2004, 06:54 PM
    QUOTE*
    How can i build peasants?, because in the 1.2, building the muster field, they appeared, but now that build doesn´t appear*

Nice. That's gonna put a lot of balancing. It frustrated me to see France build a HUGE army of peasants and roll over England and the HRE by sheer numbers.

Could it be also possible to remove the basic spearmen at High? You know, just so the other factions won't be training them too.
    Same goes for all 'feudal' units in Late (no feudal men-at-arms or feudal sergeants and the likes). This would force the AI to reluctantly build more advance units *knight*

But it could be too much trouble too. Removing the peasants might prove enough.
    Well, im working on the AI building setting and I think that I might not have to remove them. I have just gotten a mail telling me that the AI has allready has gotten better. I hope it is true, but need to do some testing before making any conclusions.

*cheers*

Ok I installed the Beta version of the 2.0 update, and for some reason nothing seems to have changed, no new factions or anything. What may be the problem, perhaps I installed it in the wrong place?

great mod viking horde, having fun as the scots ....mainland britain is mine and i have continental holdings too....... cant wait for the final version...keep up the good work *cheers*

Magestryn

ok I finally got the mod downloaded.. the mod is really nice.. however the music installation is a bit confusing to me as I am not used to rar files... anyone help with this?

thanks

Ok I installed the Beta version of the 2.0 update, and for some reason nothing seems to have changed, no new factions or anything. What may be the problem, perhaps I installed it in the wrong place?
    It should be correct installed, becouse it has a auto-install that automaticly find the MTW folder. There are no new factions in high era, but there are 3 new in early and 2 new in late (bohemia is both in early and late era). If you look at the map, you will see Khazar cut in two and one big cuman empire in the east. Thats the easy'est why to see if it's the new map you see.

great mod viking horde, having fun as the scots ....mainland britain is mine and i have continental holdings too....... cant wait for the final version...keep up the good work
    Thanks, good that you are having fun

ok I finally got the mod downloaded.. the mod is really nice.. however the music installation is a bit confusing to me as I am not used to rar files... anyone help with this?
    The rar files are self-unpakking. Just find file number one (the exe file), click it and you will get a install window. Very easy.

I have 3 installs of MTW on my system for different mods, so maybe the auto installer chose the wrong one or something, I'll just make a 4th install

EDIT: I got it working just fine now, no bugs as of yet, looks absolutely great Viking! Although I don't like the Eggshell colour for the Irish, I know there are too many factions that are green so I cant complain, I'm just happy to be playing as them. So far I have taken out the Scots and all of English britain, and blockaded the english king and his army in France, muahahah.

AJSM

Thanks.

And if for example, i´m playing in the early period with any of the factions of those years, could appear a new faction as the Crusaders?

For example, in the normal game, the Burgundians appear in the game in a concrete year as a new faction.

*sorry* Excuse me, i´m Spanish, and the grammar isn´t very good at the moment. *gun*
    I´ve finalized translating your mode to my language, and it looks great.

I've reinstalled your mod, Viking, and I can say to you that it TOTALLY ROCKS
    The new provinces and the multiple factions (oh, and the new buildings) makes the game much more complete.

Just have a few questions, though:

- How many units spaces do you have left to fill? What type/faction unit do you search for the most? I recall you wanted more Orthodox units, but do you have something else in mind? I could help you look for new unit ideas. I'll probably have enough time to make some researches on the net over the next week.

- You mentionned that the trade system changed. How big are the changes? How does trade work now?

- How many new buildings do you intend to add? I could try to find a couple of ideas on that, too.

Anyway, your doing a stand out job, Viking. Keep up the good work

great mod *bow* *bow* *bow*

And if for example, i´m playing in the early period with any of the factions of those years, could appear a new faction as the Crusaders?

For example, in the normal game, the Burgundians appear in the game in a concrete year as a new faction.
    There are no factions appearing, only the golden horde. Factions appearing is sadly hardcoded.

- How many units spaces do you have left to fill? What type/faction unit do you search for the most? I recall you wanted more Orthodox units, but do you have something else in mind? I could help you look for new unit ideas. I'll probably have enough time to make some researches on the net over the next week.
    I have 25-30 spaces, so I could use some new ideas. The units has to be historycal correct, but dosn't have to be Orthodox only. Any help is welcome.

You mentionned that the trade system changed. How big are the changes? How does trade work now?
    The value of goods in provinces next to the sea have low value, meaning that the player can't "cheat by building a huge empire. AI can't make a trade empire, so this change is needed in order to make things harder. The farm income is 30% higher, giving the AI the same chance to have a high income as the player.

How many new buildings do you intend to add? I could try to find a couple of ideas on that, too.
    I want to add as meny buildings as possible, just need more ideas.

I've made a few researches for units. I found a couple of ideas:

- A first is the Order of St-James of the Sword, a Portuguese Order. It's sort of like the Santiago Order (and it was part of it until it became autonomous during the 13th century).
    Source: http://historymedren.about.com/gi/dynamic/...s%2Fintrod.html

- A second is a 'late period knight' for the French. The French had reputadly (sp?) the best cavalry in western Europe. During the Hundred Year War, it's 'ultimate form' (or so to say, one of it's last order of Knights) was 'L'Ordre de l'Étoile' (the Order of the Star), formed in 1351. It didn't survide the Hundred Year War, though.
    source: http://historymedren.about.com/gi/dynamic/...%2Ffrorders.htm

- Again, this is a cavalry unit. The 'Azats' were lords in the East, Georgians and/or Armenians who lost all their possessions after fighting the Seljuks (the Turks) during the 11th and 12th century. They afterwards became known as 'lordless nobles', wandering about in Turkey (sp?) and Greece. They could be a cavalry trainable by christian factions who holds provinces from that area.
    Source: http://rbedrosian.com/appa.htm

- This one concerns the Teutonic Order. I found a site that properly describes the composition of the Teutonic Army. There are 3 majors 'classes' of Knights in the Order: the RitterBrudern (Brother Knight), the DiendeBrudern and the HalbBrudern (Half Brother). The RitterBrudern is easily comparable to the classical and already implemented Teutonic Knight, and the DiendeBrudern could be seen as the Teutonic Sergeants. But the 'Half Brother' could be the Order high quality infantry. (Although I don't know if the feudal foot knight can be seen as this...)
    Source: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/matthaywood/mai...onic_Order2.htm

- The last unit is a German specific infantry. I mentionned this one before, I know, but I ran through one of my history books and found some info about it. It's pretty vague though and the book is in french, so I won't retranscribe the passage. Briefly, it says that german infantry was pretty good, particularly against other infantry, during the 12th to the 14th century, and it acted as a spearlike unit from what I understand from the description. But, with the decline of the holy Roman Empire, the troops also became obsolete and took more and more defeats, notably by the Spanish who were the first to really suck them up.
    EDIT: Forget this last one. The Gothic sergeants fits perfectly with the description. *sorry*

I'll come up with some more ideas in the next fews days.. but there's not as much info on the net as I expected...