Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: MTW XL Mod

This Mod reaminds me of the bkb Mod
    I am on fire, but an extinguisher is not required.

Shadow_Praetorian

Before you finish da map, may I suggest some Provinces?

VikingHorde's Avatar Tiro

Well, back on the main subject. I only want to ask you Viking how many provinces do/did you plan to add in the game?
    That is one of the features that I look the most forward to see (Just more land to conquer&#33

Like they say: I await your mod with trepidation
    I have added 9 provinves (the unused sahara is made into another province), mainly to help the muslims and pagans, but allso in places were there are meny factions like in Spain.

This Mod reaminds me of the bkb Mod
    The 2.0 version will be a lot different than BKB mod in meny ways. I have added different provinces than BKB. BKB is british, so he will naturaly focus a little more on France and England. Im danish, so my focus is a little more on Scandinavia. My mod allso has other graphics, unit stats, factions, and GA mode. All of this gives the player another game, more fun and harder than the original MTW. Im working on a lot of things to make my mod "uniqe" so that it dosn't become a clone of another mod.

Before you finish da map, may I suggest some Provinces?
    It's sadly to late now, becouse I in the proces of adding the last units and balancing the game. I hope to release it next week and adding new provinces will move the "release date". Thanks for the offer anyway

Shadow_Praetorian

Well If you Release an update, just give me a shout, I've done a Photoshop job on a read map, name's, cities and all

Jackbob

I got some ideas for your MOD, Viking Horde.

In Late campaign, Sweden should have Norway. Because when the Norwegian king, Håkon, died, he had no heirs. But his daughters son, Magnus Eriksson, was the king of Sweden. So Therefore, Norway was added to Sweden in that way. That was 1319. Two years before the Late campaign begins.

And my other idea for you is that you maybe could change the provincial titles in Norway, Sweden and Denmark to "Jarl of" instead of "Earl of", because that's much cooler. Actually, "Earl" comes from "Jarl". Viking language mixed with the english language when they settled sown there. Same with the word "Window" that comes from "Vindöga". But we say "Fönster" in Sweden these days, because the germans added a lot to our language (like the german word "Fenster").

But as there are no windows in MTW, so keep to the Jarl thing, I kinda' lost myself in my teachings of language

Originally posted by Jackbob@Jul 18 2004, 08:58 AM
    I got some ideas for your MOD, Viking Horde.

In Late campaign, Sweden should have Norway. Because when the Norwegian king, Håkon, died, he had no heirs. But his daughters son, Magnus Eriksson, was the king of Sweden. So Therefore, Norway was added to Sweden in that way. That was 1319. Two years before the Late campaign begins.

And my other idea for you is that you maybe could change the provincial titles in Norway, Sweden and Denmark to "Jarl of" instead of "Earl of", because that's much cooler. Actually, "Earl" comes from "Jarl". Viking language mixed with the english language when they settled sown there. Same with the word "Window" that comes from "Vindöga". But we say "Fönster" in Sweden these days, because the germans added a lot to our language (like the german word "Fenster").

But as there are no windows in MTW, so keep to the Jarl thing, I kinda' lost myself in my teachings of language
    Thanks for the info, I will look into it. *roman cavalry*

EDIT: Thanks to Teutonic at the org., the 1.2 version can now be played in german. He has allso offered his help on the 2.0 version, so that it will come in german too.

Gaulkilla

will this mod be playable with the MTW music mod?

Originally posted by Gaulkilla@Jul 19 2004, 08:41 PM
    will this mod be playable with the MTW music mod?
    Yes, I belive so, just need to check the files first.

Dev16

Hello Viking. Thanks a lot for woking on a new units for the Serbs. Adding new factions will surely improve the game. If you need any help with Serbian units, colors, coat of arms, just say it. I'll be happy to help since I am a Serb and know our medieval history quite well. Thanks again! *cheers*

Any chance of getting an Irish faction in a future version Viking? *bow*

Hello Viking. Thanks a lot for woking on a new units for the Serbs. Adding new factions will surely improve the game. If you need any help with Serbian units, colors, coat of arms, just say it. I'll be happy to help since I am a Serb and know our medieval history quite well. Thanks again!
    I could use some original unit names. I have added a heavy cav, billmen kind of unit, bowmen with a shield, light cav, serbian cav (kind of like byz cav) and balcan inf. Could be cool with some original names. *bow*

Any chance of getting an Irish faction in a future version Viking
    They are there in early era in the 2.0 version.

*cheers*

*bow* Well, awesome, many thanks, keep up the good work!!!

Dev16

I could use some original unit names. I have added a heavy cav, billmen kind of unit, bowmen with a shield, light cav, serbian cav (kind of like byz cav) and balcan inf. Could be cool with some original names.
    I will get you a list of Serbian medieval units but keep in mind that Serbian army was much more similar to western armies than the Byzantine army. They had heavily armoured knights like the westeners did. More info comming up as soon as i dig up my history books...

Originally posted by Dev16@Jul 21 2004, 07:42 AM
    I could use some original unit names. I have added a heavy cav, billmen kind of unit, bowmen with a shield, light cav, serbian cav (kind of like byz cav) and balcan inf. Could be cool with some original names.
    I will get you a list of Serbian medieval units but keep in mind that Serbian army was much more similar to western armies than the Byzantine army. They had heavily armoured knights like the westeners did. More info comming up as soon as i dig up my history books...
    Thanks, it will be very usefull. I know they had armys like vestern factions, so problems there

*cheers*

Gaulkilla

Yo serbians rule. Down with the evil Albanians and croats and NATO. They all suck. Serbia forever

http://www.thenationalanthems.com/country/.../yugoslavia.htm

Dev16

Yo serbians rule. Down with the evil Albanians and croats and NATO. They all suck. Serbia forever
    Someone who likes Serbs? ... Online? ... A foreigner? ... WOW, I'm shocked. Thanks for your support but let's not get off-topic here, some people might be angry.

Hey Vikinghorde, I've got you a list of Serbian medieval Army. The names are mostely translations of other faction's armies with few exeptions. Do you want me to post them or mail them to you? (mail might be better to keep it as a surprise for other potential players)

Originally posted by Dev16@Jul 22 2004, 07:51 AM
    Someone who likes Serbs? ... Online? ... A foreigner? ... WOW, I'm shocked. Thanks for your support but let's not get off-topic here, some people might be angry.

Hey Vikinghorde, I've got you a list of Serbian medieval Army. The names are mostely translations of other faction's armies with few exeptions. Do you want me to post them or mail them to you? (mail might be better to keep it as a surprise for other potential players)
    Hi Dev16

Thanks for getting the info, it will be cool.

You can send the info here
    miguel_k@jubiimail.dk

*cheers*

Dev16

One more thing VikingHorde, yesterday i have installed your mod and it is a very good one ... but ... the colors? They are painful. Some factions look like their troops used to glow in thr dark. Hope you'll change that ...

*cheers*

Originally posted by Dev16@Jul 22 2004, 07:56 AM
    One more thing VikingHorde, yesterday i have installed your mod and it is a very good one ... but ... the colors? They are painful. Some factions look like their troops used to glow in thr dark. Hope you'll change that ...

*cheers*
    I hope to find a better color, becouse a lot of people don't like them

Dev16

I can help you since i am webdesigner and would have done the mod myself but ... not enough time for that. No credits required, just wanna se a good mod *bow*