Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: MTW XL Mod

Leeham991's Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Default Re: MTW XL Mod

Are you sure?

I've been playing quite a bit of Shogun and MTW lately after I managed to get my hands on a replacement copy of Shogun and it's like the men drop like flies before I even know who's doing what, kinda like how I remember it before.

I wouldn't know about RTW and MedII because I always played those modded xD
    I like pie.

Well try Rome:TW vanilla without any mods. Start a campaign as Julii and fight some Gauls. There the enemies drop like flies and rout in less than a minute ...
    Shogun and the first MTW offer way longer battles. Maybe set a higher unit size. Have you selected huge or something smaller? The larger the unit size the longer the battles.

edit: when you are used to some mods like EB for Rome well yes, then the battles might seem shorter. On the other hands the first MTW offers much longer battles due to the massive armies in later campaigns with all the reinforcements from all armies stationed in the risk style provinces.
    Last edited by Xerrop; November 28, 2010 at 04:38 AM.

Leeham991's Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

I have the settings at max, and I swear the people drop like flies. I just tried a couple battles on RTW vanilla, they are about the same length.

Maybe I've messed up some option or maybe I should just wait until later when the armies are larger. I only played 1 on 1 stack for MTW.

Still I'll download this mod to try, maybe it will help.
    I like pie.

I used to love this game, im thinking of coming bck to it for a bit of fun. There is only one thing that always turned me away from it, the time limit on the campaign. I always found that the campaign would end, you would either win or loose, there was no option to continue campaign further which was a pain in the arse as I really want to continue. Has this been changed in the XL mod? Can you continue the game past what i think i can remember is the black plague (end of campaign)?

You can easily mod the campaign end date. Just look in the starpos directory for the "early.txt" file, open that with notepad and near the top you will find the value. Change that from 1453 to whatever you like. (Save a backup first)

thanks, will give it a go

The Bold Burgundian's Avatar Ducenarius

Has anyone else encountered the "No portrait found" bug in Tyberius' mod of MedievalXL?
    T.W.C.
    Total War Cynics

This was the best mod Ive tried for any TW game, is there a version of if for me2? or can anyone name a close equivilant? VI was the high point of TW for me, after that it was all about flashy graphics while gameplay and content went out the window.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"

(\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Quote Originally Posted by Fiachdubh View Post
    This was the best mod Ive tried for any TW game, is there a version of if for me2? or can anyone name a close equivilant? VI was the high point of TW for me, after that it was all about flashy graphics while gameplay and content went out the window.

stainless steel is the closest i can think of for med2
    Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|Galvanized Iron View Post
    I love slavery

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of the Pies View Post
    Has anyone else encountered the "No portrait found" bug in Tyberius' mod of MedievalXL?
    Seems like a bug. Sadly the creator, Tyberius, is no longer active or supporting this mod, so it's something that you'll have to fix yourself or just live with. If you want to try and fix it, post a question in the MTW modding section over at the .org.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before or if it's one of XL's specifications, but do the Scots have access to Chivalric units? I'm around 1360 and built relevant building etc, and the units are still feudal. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Louieramone View Post
    I'm sorry if this has been asked before or if it's one of XL's specifications, but do the Scots have access to Chivalric units? I'm around 1360 and built relevant building etc, and the units are still feudal. Thanks
    i don't think so.... go to custom battles to check their roster
    Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|Galvanized Iron View Post
    I love slavery

I downloaded this mod to play the game I loved most in the series once again. Only this time as the mighty Swedes.

But my King isn't so mighty or at least he have a potency problem... I get no new heirs and all the others have died of age. In 1178 my King dies and oops! All my glorious empire was vanished.

Has anyone else have this problem with this mod?
    And can you mod the Kings potential age, then I could play some more turns...

Quote Originally Posted by Clos du Mesnil View Post
    I downloaded this mod to play the game I loved most in the series once again. Only this time as the mighty Swedes.

But my King isn't so mighty or at least he have a potency problem... I get no new heirs and all the others have died of age. In 1178 my King dies and oops! All my glorious empire was vanished.

Has anyone else have this problem with this mod?
    And can you mod the Kings potential age, then I could play some more turns...
    To get your king's wife to produce a male heir, stay on campaign map and type: .unfreeze.

A male heir should appear next turn.

(Note: you will need to go back a few years before your king dies––that is, far enough to give the heir time to mature.)

good luck and enjoy!

Thanks for the help!

I tried change the add heir command line in EARLY_XL.TXT but couldn't figure it out, guess this command does that for me. Hope my new King use his equipment a little bit more. Maybe I should build more brothels around my empire...

You forgot the Welsh!!! :C

"It's me, Smeagol."
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

So, how do I install the modification into my game-?

"It's me, Smeagol."
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I always tought that medieval total war was the best total war of all and, surpassed only in graphics and map dimension, but not in gameplay and with the XL mod it becomes really something expecially when played on expert.

I have only one appoint on the mod: ai somewhat keeps training low level units, preferring urban militias and archers in place of feudal swordsman and crossbowman, is there any way to make the ai produce a little more elite units? The game becomes unbalanced after a while because of the gap between your elites and ai militias and archers

Henry X's Avatar Protector Domesticus

My game won't let me use save games. Solutions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Jung was right View Post
    We just don't get films which accurately portray military decision making like Dr. Strangelove anymore these days.

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Quote Originally Posted by Ironlich View Post
    I always tought that medieval total war was the best total war of all and, surpassed only in graphics and map dimension, but not in gameplay and with the XL mod it becomes really something expecially when played on expert.

I have only one appoint on the mod: ai somewhat keeps training low level units, preferring urban militias and archers in place of feudal swordsman and crossbowman, is there any way to make the ai produce a little more elite units? The game becomes unbalanced after a while because of the gap between your elites and ai militias and archers
    There are two options: delete those units from the game, or make them more expensive so the AI abstains from training them.

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews