Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: MTW XL Mod

Default Re: MTW XL Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Alatar
    Will this work with the total war era's colection?
    definitely YES!! for it needs MTW VI2.01 to work!!
    go and try, it is really one great mod for MTW!!

I have tried and it is great, currently invading england.

I am very much enjoying the XL mod. Elimination of the land bridges is the best thing for MTW, and the new factions are great.

Is there a unit guide and tech tree for this mod?

Thanks again Viking!

>Is there a unit guide and tech tree for this mod?

I guess there isn't?

Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Skagerrak
    >Is there a unit guide and tech tree for this mod?

I guess there isn't?
    Yes, but its in the .org, here
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun
    Yes, but its in the .org, here
    That is only for unmodded MTW...

roman oscar's Avatar Laetus

NOOO reguires mtw viking invasion expansion
    O_O "TILT"

I just started playing XL mod yesterday it is definitely a super enhancement!

But I noticed there are no more excommunications by the pope. I know cause I was a christian state (Serbia) and I wiped out the pope and then wiped out his return army :tooth: and after occupying his land for some time, I razed it all and moved on. Then the Pope returned again and was wiped out by an AI Norvogrod. :tooth: The Pope came out from the tombs yet again with some advanced hardware like Swiss halberdiers and put the boots to everyone in the area as revenge. Not once did the patient, kind Pope ever excommunicate anyone.

Sorry for a long story. Here are 2 questions:
    1) are excommunications removed by the XL mod or is Serbia an orthodox nation and therefore exempt from these attentions? Also no other nations were excommed including Spain which dominated most of western Europe beating down Christians without relent.
    2) the info says the XL mod removed the Swiss nation from the game so is that true and why? The XL mod is trying to pack in as many factions as possible for more playing fun so it seems odd to remove an original one. I did see the Swiss halberders in the Pope's 3rd return army.

Big thumbs up to those who made the XL mod

Okay never mind my first question. I see people being excommed with the mod. Sorry for the cyberspace wastage.

MTW XL is a great mod, It is a good distraction from RTW and BI and is only rivaled by NTW, it is unfortunate that no matter how much work is put into these mods they will always be worse than rtw and its mods due to the mtw engine being worse in most areas (the AI in battles is slightly better in MTW though)
    Under the Patronage of Imb39
    Patron of julianus heraclius, TheFirstONeill, Boz and midnite

I've just installed the mod and it's great!!
    the new factions make a whole new game!! it's good to have the REAL scots in the north instead of a little bunch of leaderless rebels!!! as an example.
    .....I just have to get used to the new "superspearmen" even for the blades troops it's so hard to beat them...:X... but the enormous new power of the cavalry units's charge it's something good..
    the best thing that I've found is the very improved AI on battle..they make smart attacks and defenses, its harder and funnier!!

maybe you can answer me some questions:

1.- how can i modify unit's stats?
    2.- (and the most important of all because I'd like to make my own versions of the faction's campmap flags and shields) what software do I need to work with .BIF archives? with tga's and other images I have no problems but I can't even open the .BIF stuff. :hmmm:
    3.- the swiss faction actually never existed? so why do you took them off?
    4.- why did you eliminate the battle mode faction's heraldic shields? can I put them again somehow? (I kinda liked to modify the old high royal knight ones for an example)

I wish I could meke my own mods...can anybody teachme how please??

cheers to all

Tyberius.
    Last edited by Tyberius; October 25, 2006 at 09:20 PM.

Germanicus75's Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by king Rick
    (the AI in battles is slightly better in MTW though)
    So far I've found the AI in MTW1 to be much better than Rome.

And yeah XML seems a great mod :-)

no answers yet??

this is not a good mod......this is a masterpiece ..absolutely incredible! Thank you for making this!

Tyberius go into your mtw/vi folder and look for crusaders_unit_prod11 thats your unit stats..but in the xl mod it is called "crusaders_unit_prod11" but it might have xl late/early or something similiar on it's name.. my knowledge is limited to modding and it would take me a while to explain all the stat editing in crus_unit file.but that's where unit stats are edited.
    Last edited by Axe-Battler; October 29, 2006 at 10:05 PM.

Help! Can't get the mod to work, got as far as loading the campaign, and the error message about "unable to load campmap" or something along those lines comes up...any ideas? I can post the full message if that helps?

therussian's Avatar Use your imagination

Try and reinstall it from a clean, patched VI

House of the Caesars | Under the Patronage of Comrade Trance Crusader. Proud Patron of Comrades Shadow_Imperator, Zenith Darksea, Final Frontier and Plutarch | Second Generation| ex-Eagle Standard Editor| Consilium de Civitate | Album Reviews

xl mod is definitely the best!

Icon4 Re: MTW XL Mod not working

I am not able to change the language only the german language version is on the CDs of MTW and VI. SO where do I get the english language in order to play the XL-mod? (so all the descriptions, if there are new ones aren't displayed, which is bad )
    When I try to start a new campaign I get the loading screen but then the game crashs and I'm back in XP I've got a NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT with the latest driver.

please help........
    Last edited by Varg1204; February 08, 2007 at 04:39 PM.

Civitate

Your problem there is not the languages, but the fact that you have a relatively new GPU and brand new drivers. I will find a link that shows you how to fix these problems in a minute. Here it is http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=43348
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

thank you very much Shaun, for the fast and competent help. I'll try it out.
    the only thing that sucks (a big one) is the driver switching which will annoy me soon

well, in order to play a great mod one must be able to pay the price...
    Last edited by Varg1204; February 09, 2007 at 04:15 AM.